Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lizards and Lobsters! EON Sceptile Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogre

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Yeah, Dkates had Lizards and Sharks, but this is Lizards and Lobsters!

Pokemon(19):
4x Treecko
2x Grovyle
4x Sceptile (2 Lizard Poison, 2 Energy Trans)
3x Crawdaunt (Power Pinchers, Fire Tech)
3x Corphish
3x Roselia

Trainers(23):
3x Oak's Research (I only have 3, complain? then trade me one ;) )
3x Copy Cat
3x Prof. Elm's Training Method
3x Switch
3x Pokemon Nurse
3x Prof. Birch
2x Pokemon Fan Club
3x Rare Candy

Energy(18):
14x Grass
4x Multi

Fixes?

Last edited:
Use the other Crawdaunt and use all Grass Energy. The other Craudant's attack cost's (C)(C)(C) if I remember correctly. It makes for excellent fire TecH in any deck.
-Swampert

But its a Rend 60 attack vs. a Solid 60 attack. Other then that they are pretty much the same thing. Would it really make a difference if its only 1 water energy needed?

SwampertEX said:
YES!!! Sceptile can't Trans Water and Roselia can't Speed Growth it either! GO WITH THE RARE ONE!!!

Uhh, the rare one is the one he's using...

But I do agree with Swampert, you'll probably wanna play the Rend one, which is a pretty good card still. It runs nice with the energy trans dealy. BTW, how many of each Sceptile are you playing? 2/2?

Also, I think I'd run PokeNurse over Briney. You can trans, so its essentially the same thing, cept you don't waste turns playing your basics and evos back down. Sure, you don't get the switch aspect, but you're already running 3 switch so its not a big deal.

Good luck with it.

Considering I was the one to originally think of and create this deck, I should be able to help. Throw in some rainbows and multis, so you can power up Crawdaunt, and Wobbuffet, which should be in every competitive deck besides Blaziken. Heres how your new decklist should look(BTW, I have to say, your trainer engine is TERRIBLE)

Pokemon(21):
4x Treecko
4x Grovyle
3x Sceptile (Energy Trans)
3x Crawdaunt (Power Pinchers)
3x Corphish
2x Dunsparce
2x Wobbuffet

Trainers(23):
4x Oak's Research
3x Oracle
4x PokeNav
4x Switch
4x Prof. Birch
3x Pokemon Nurse
1x Town Voulenteers

Energy(16):
10xGrass
4xRainbow
2xMulti

Ok, keep the Holo one, but dont Use Rainbow, just max out Mutli. You dont need but 1 lone W on Crawdunt, so the rest can be grass with 4 Multi will be plenty.

Dont use Juggler without energy retrieval, it is pointless. Use something else like Birch or Cat. Or at least TV Reporter.

I would work in at least 6 Nurse/Brineys. That gives opponents major headaches, trust me...

Geeze, a ton of suggestions. I am not sure which to pick out as the best.

ShadowOfTyranitar: 3 Energy Trans Sceptiles but no Lizard Poison ones? Also why is my Trainer engine terrible? Give reason as to why you think its so bad. Its rude to say something is terrible without supporting your argument. Also your deck suggestion doesn't have any real power to it. The crawdaunt is for support, he has only 80 hp, which itself is a bad even number. Wobbuffet is for support, so should the main attacker be the energy trans sceptile? I really doubt that would hold any ground at all.

Spectreon: Agreed with Jugglers. Agreed with Multi. Now all I have to do is make room for the 6 additional trainers you suggested.

Last edited:
Definately put in a Wobbuffet or 2. They are useful against most decks in the format and are even better in Sceptile. Maybe take out a Elm and a Roselia. I haven't played any Roselia but I can see it giving Sceptile an advantage. Your trainer engine is fine. Pokenav/Oracle isn't as needed in this deck. I would replace 2 :grass: with 2 Rainbow since you really are doomed if you can't get those Multis in time against Blaziken.

Pokemon (21)
4x Treecko
4x Grovyle
4x Sceptile (2 Lizard Poison, 2 Energy Trans)
2x Crawdaunt (Power Pinchers, Fire Tech)
2x Corphish
2x Roselia
1xWobbuffet (its only for Tech)
2x Dunsparce

Trainers(21):
3x Oak's Research (I only have 3, complain? then trade me one
wink.gif
)
2x Copy Cat
3x Prof. Elm's Training Method
3x Switch
3x Pokemon Nurse
2x Prof. Birch
3x Brineys Compassion
1x TV
1x Fisherman

Energy(18):
14x Grass
4x Multi

Added a Wob, add 3 Brineys, added Sparce (non suporter, and an extra basic instead of Fan Club). Added discard retrieval (TV and Fish). can only play 1 supporter a turn, 6 Healing (Briney+Nurse), and 7 Draw (Oak+Birch+Cat), 3 Search (Elm). Though you can -1 Elm, and add another Cat/Birch back in. Turn 2 Sceptile is nice, but not needed that badly, so Candies went away, dropped 1 from Crawduant, Corpish and Roselia. Sparce can fish the basics for you quicker, and more effecient. I like this. Turn 1, Seek and Hide, switch for Roselia, then start Growthing Energy for a turn or 2. If you can get 1-2 Sceptiles (preferably 1 of each, at least Trans first) by that time, then the rest should be a breeze.... Switch energy and Heal as needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back