LockSwarm/ MagLock

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by UkeleleMilo, Mar 27, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UkeleleMilo

UkeleleMilo New Member

Pokemon: 26
    4-4 Mismagius (2 CL, 1 SF, 1 UL)
    2-2 Mismagius GL LvX
    1-1 Exeggutor LA
    1-1-1 Vileplume UD
    1 Uxie
    1 Azelf
    1 Mespirit
    4 Spiritomb
    2 unown q

Supporters/Stadiums: 22
    4 Seeker
    4 Collector
    3 BTS
    3 Cyrus's Conspiracy
    2 Palmer's Contribution
    4 Bebe's Search
    3 CopyCat

Trainers: 0. Nill. Absent. On vacation. If there could be negative cards, this is where they'd be.

Energy: 11
    7 Psychic
    4 Rescue Energy

ALTERNATE T/S/S: 23 (this is IF I decide I wanna seeker up my Vileplume for a turn to play trainers. in order to get 23 T/S/S i took out a psychic energy)
    4 Seeker
    3 Collector
    3 BTS
    2 Cyrus's Conspiracy
    3 Bebe's
    1 Copycat
    2 Expert Belt
    1 Luxury Ball
    1 Junk Arm
    3 Super Scoop Up

OK. Strategy.. Evolve up a Vileplume with a Spiritomb (or BTS if you get the means to do it). Then unown Q the Spiritomb and seeker it, when you retreat, send out a Mismagius GL and level it up and Unown Q it.
    Then I have options that overlap and can be used in any order... it just depends on which is more effective at the time.
    1) Basic Trainer lock and Poltereist with Mismagius CL.
    2) Be annoying to SP decks and discard all of their Energy Gains and such. probably 40-80 damage AND annoy them with raising attack costs (assuming they got them out between/before trainer lock... if not, Unown Q's are gone for them)
    3) Use a Copycat for their bulky hand OR Executor's Psychic strategy your way to a big hand and use Mismagius GL LvX's attack a few times, then use its power to take up an unown q from your side and attach it to mismagius and retreat.
    4) if you have a bigger hand than the opponent (other trainer locks? idk when this would happen other than that) then use psychic strategy to change that, and then poltergeist.

Remember, the whole time I could have the UL Mismagius to move a psychic energy to satisfy an attack cost.

Thoughts? Ideas? Am I missing something?
    This is a Rogue deck, so I'm not expecting it to become the BDIF... but that would be nice. I absolutely HATE meta-decks, as in I don't care if anyone else does, I will only run one for play-testing against a Meta. I will never run a meta because it is fun. If it were up to me, I'd run a tourney specifically for rogue decks.

This deck was created because I am ditching my scizor prime deck, as a result of it becoming meta very quickly.

Ok. now it is your turn to critique this deck... GO! :)
    Thanks for your opinions...
    And thanks again for taking the time to voice them for my benefit.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. Porii Sames

Porii Sames Active Member

I would add in a Bibarel line. Bibarel Mismagius was huge back in '09.

3. UkeleleMilo

UkeleleMilo New Member

SF? How would that add to its effeciveness?

4. YogiBear

YogiBear New Member

He is trolling you...poorly. BibMag was a joke deck when sf was first released. I think with the whole concept of trainerlock and poltergiest I think you would be better off playing gengar. I know you hate meta decks and whatnot but Gengar sf/prime are over all more soild cards and do what you want to do but better.

5. Suicide

Suicide New Member

Agreed with the Above poster

6. waynegg

waynegg CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator

If your whole purpose is to be annoying to SP decks, run Rapidash AR (Wild Guard) and a Bench Shielded Gengar X to level down DGX.

7. lucasm

lucasm New Member

Instead of rapidash ar try to put in a mewtwo lvx because it takes no damage from basics and will be disruptive to sp decks. But what happens if u are not vs an sp deck in a tournament ??

8. UkeleleMilo

UkeleleMilo New Member

I forgot about Mewtwo. I might put that in there.
    This is not a deck specifically for SP. I still need to play test it (it's completely theorymon right now) BUT. Against non-sp decks, I'd just set up pretty fast, and once they get a bulky hand, copycat OR exeggutor's psychic manipulation to shuffle all of their cards away and effectively copycat. then if I could do it again, I would so that I can Poltergeist them... I could also annoy them by discarding their unown Q on their starter (if they didn't seeker).
    It's not ONLY for SP decks... it's low health problem still needs to be fixed, but after the format change, this deck will be pretty great (I think).

I will restate this: I don't want to run any Gengar variants. Anything Gengar is in (If it is successful) WILL BECOME meta. even if it's rogue. I think this will be faster than Gengar (stage 1) and Poltergeist is JUST AS powerful.

Another point that I forgot to emphasize is Mismagius UL. It can move a psychic energy around 1 time per turn. In this deck, its like Bronzong G for psychic decks (and it doesn't hurt itself!)
    Another thing I haven't really thought about is adding SSU's and Expert belts. OMG! TRAINERS! yeah. I can seeker up a Vileplume and play them down (helping w/ my HP problem... and mismagius X can take them back up if i'm gonna die). That way I can play around my own trainer lock. (I could add some VS seekers if i did that.)

Point being: this deck can be versitile. with 3 different mismagiuses AND an SP mismagius to attack with (and possibly mewtwo X). Knowing that, (and that I hate Gengar variant/meta decks) what would you advise?

9. UkeleleMilo

UkeleleMilo New Member

I'm thinking about putting a few trainers in here. Like... a few Warps, and Expert Belts. So that I can seeker up the Vileplume, play them, and put Vileplume back down when I need to. Before my Mismagius's inevitably die, I can use Mismagius GL LvX's Power to take up the E-Belts. (I wouldn't play them unless I KNEW they weren't going to get OHKO'd by something. Even though they have 80 hp, they aren't Chomp Snipe bait because of their resistance. The E-belt would make that OHKO just to far out of reach.)

10. Flareon

Flareon New Member

hm, I cannot get the idea of a speed version out of my head.... like, focusing on the tool attack and recover energy. Just needs consistent draw.

As for your version, Seekering vileplume to use trainers is cool, it's just hard to fit that much stuff in. Mewtwo can win the luxchomp matchup for you, but is a dead card vs dialga. Watch out for crobat/ dragon rush, too.

11. UkeleleMilo

UkeleleMilo New Member

Yeah... I might want to add in some like... Junk arms or something, if I add in trainers at all that is, so that I can pull them right back out and use them again... and also discard any dead late-game cards (like Mewtwo in dialga) and whatnot.
    Now. I definately want to put in a Mewtwo X (at least 1-1)... but what to take out...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.