Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Looking to improve deck to better handle meta decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

orthusaku

I'm not really looking to run a meta or tiered deck. I've noticed the deck does struggle against medi-champ and night march decks from play testing.

Edit: The deck is very attack and reaction heavy, which is how it was built. The actual strategy of the deck really hasn't been decided yet, as I built the deck with what cards I have available at the time. I do need to clean up my large amount of single trainers, and have some techs.

Deck list:

Pokemon (12):

4 Eevee FFI
2 Suicune PLB
2 Glaceon PLF
2 Leafton FFI
1 Articuno RSK

Trainers (35):

1 potion
1 super potion
2 pokemon fan club
2 energy retrieval
1 enhanced hammer
1 crushing hammer
1 robo substitute
1 energy switch
2 rough seas
1 pokemon catcher
1 red card
2 roller skates
2 switch
4 Professor Birch's Observations
4 Professor's Letter
3 Shauna
2 Muscle Band
4 Tierno

Energy (13):

3 Double Colorless Energy
4 Grass Energy
6 Water Energy

Strategy(how I play the deck): If this helps generally I play eevee to get leafon to sleep to try and stall and try and get articuno setup.

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest with you, this deck looks like it struggles against everything. Cards now hit for at least 100 damage by turn 2 and normally cost no more than 2 energy to do so. Also, as per the rules of the forum, you are required to post a deck list (here on the site) and have a strategy for that deck so we can give you the correct help.

My question to you is what exactly are you trying to play or achieve with the deck?

To be perfectly honest with you, this deck looks like it struggles against everything. Cards now hit for at least 100 damage by turn 2 and normally cost no more than 2 energy to do so. Also, as per the rules of the forum, you are required to post a deck list (here on the site) and have a strategy for that deck so we can give you the correct help.

My question to you is what exactly are you trying to play or achieve with the deck?

I've never sat down and thought of a strategy, I sat down with what little cards I had and tried to make them work, and originally I made a sleep heavy deck because sleep and paralyze are mechanics that interest me. And now I've been slowly trying to build it into a more competitive deck.

Right now this is my league deck, and my first deck since playing back during fossil. As well as this is my first entry into competitive pokemon TCG. If this helps generally I play eevee to get leafon to sleep to try and stall and try and get articuno setup. I'm thinking maybe zapdos would be better than articuno since I could get an alpha recovery bench to heal with rough seas.

No worries about being honest about the deck. I would rather be told i'm doing something wrong and why, rather than someone say something nice and not give me an opportunity to learn.

Aside: I have had a few conversations and done some thinking since creating the thread, and I may just not be the type of player that synegizes well with how TCGs are designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back