"Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" How crazy are you to go see it.

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by mysterioustrainer, Dec 15, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Alot of Theatures will have those pressured 12:01 am shows on the day of the release of a big hit such as this. I wonder if there aren't already people lined up for the first show in my town. I plan to get in line tomarrow for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Crazy aren't I? Well I also plan on taking my Math book with me so I can study for finals, my Game Boy Advance SP and some games, and some other things to pass the time. Maybe I might find a inexpensive copy of the whole book and start reading it for the heck of it. I also plan on going in my "adapt" costume just to add flavor to being there. Oh yeah I really plan on playing alot of Golden Sun while I am there.

Overall I expect to have fun not only waiting in a long line but also watching the film on the big screen. I really look forward to it all.

So what is your plans for Lord of the Rings?

2. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

I'm not overly hyped to go see it, but a friend of mine's little bro (He's 14) is *way* to far into LotR to be sane and we're going with him to go see it at Midnight...

3. Joshman

Joshman New Member

Unlike a new video game or system, movies don't run out in the first few days (other than seating) so I'm not in a rush to see it at midnite.

4. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

Goong to see it (probably) on thrusday. ccan't wait. On a scale of 1-100, 100 being the highest you could possably want to see it, I want to see it at a level of 9999999999, or, to put it bultly, at lot.

Treecko

5. tyais

tyais New Member

Waiting till Tuesday to see it. Got to wait to go back home and see it with my best friend who I saw the first two with. Extremely excited to see it. (On a somber note, it's a sad meeting for us since we saw the first two with a friend who passed away. The other who saw it with us is serving a mission for his church, so that's awesome. Went from 4 to 2 over a year. How crazy life is.)

6. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I'm going to go to the midnight showing.
    Tickets go on sale at 9AM, and tomorrow is the last day of exams, so I have to go, but my mom is gonna buy tickets, then I'll probably go wait in line from about 10PM on to see it. Can't wait.

7. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

Yep, midnight showing Tuesday night....

Eh, Saw Episode One @ 3:30am because the midnight showing was sold out....

ZZZZzzzzzzz

8. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

My husband got invited to an 8 am Wednesday showing; unfortunately, I can't get out there by then because 1) school for my youngest doesn't start till 8 (so he can't be on campus before 7:35) and 2) I'd never get there in 25 minutes, since I'd be fighting commute traffic the whole way. So he gets to go by himself, since we aren't 'nice' enough parents to let our 12 y/o skip school to attend a movie :p

'mom

9. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

I can't go on the first day, but my little brother gets to go as a field trip from school. His teacher is taking him and the entire class to see it.

10. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

Fankly, I can't imagine how somebody is supposed to watch a 3 to 4 hour movie at Midnight and be alert enough to enjoy it. Come 3 or 4 A.M., unless you usually sleep during the day, you wouldn't be fit to drive home. Nor would your parents... If they drove you or what not...

I'll see it on Thursday. That way the fanatics will all ready have gotten through the lines and I'll be able to show up at a decent time before the movie starts and still see it.

11. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Bought my tickets two weeks ago...hehehe :p Always plan ahead!;)

Took a half day off to see it at a "decent" time of 3pm Thursday.Then i`ll prolly go and see it one or two more times during the holiday.

`Sensei

12. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

My oldest is heading out in a bit to the Muvico Egyptian 24 (five minutes away) - bought tix a couple of hours ago (they're doing 4 showings at midnight in their four largest theaters)...more power to him!

13. Red5bv06

Saw it last night, it was great!
    btw Fish King, after seeing the movie, its obvoius how one could be fully alert at 4am, tons of action, plus I am a night-owl anyway, and my dad also went and drove.
    Seriously, it is very well thought out movie, very few complaints, and most of those are about changes from the books.
    Go see it ASAP.

14. White Gryphon

White Gryphon New Member

Oh, is it out already? ... Waiting until my sis comes over so that we can go see it together, her hubby's a Tolkien fan. I can wait. Although I've just finished HP5 and now have only my GC to keep me busy... :p

15. penguin_master

penguin_master New Member

This movie is awesome. I would post a review, but I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone...

16. Marril

Marril New Member

The book's been around for ages and ages now...

17. Red5bv06

The books have been out, but as I stated many many changes from the books.
    Of course, all the major plot points are there, but there are even a few surprises (not necessarily "good" surprises mind you) for those of us who are well versed in Tolkien.

18. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! (Pardon me yelling) SEE IT!!!

19. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Awesome movie.Can`t wait for the extended version to come out!

My personal fave is the first one followed by the second one and then the third,but even so,this movie rocked and this movie trilogy is one of the best ever.It`s the "Star Wars" of the 2000`s.

`Sensei

Last edited: Dec 28, 2003
  20. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

It definently beats the crap george lucas has been putting out over the last few years.