Los Angeles Prerelease

Discussion in 'Prerelease Tournaments' started by PTE_Karl, Mar 2, 2004.

1. PTE_Karl

PTE_Karl New Member

Hi everyone,

We are excited for this weekend's EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua Prerelease in LA. ChrisBo will be returning as the HJ for the event. We are at the same location as last prerelease. Full details about the event can be found at www.ptegames.com -- check it out!

All of the prizes (amounts) are the same as last prerelease. We have a nifty (secret) promo card -- I guarantee you will love it. In addition, we will have random drawings each round for boosters, a door prize drawing for another special (quasi secret) something, and lots of fun.

Come and bring your friends; introduce them to Pokemon--this is a great event to show them new cards and get them into tournament play.

You'all have a good week--see you on Saturday.

2. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

Gee...

I wonder what the quasi secret door prize something could be?????

Pokeplayer
    PTO Wa State

3. cattdreams

cattdreams New Member

win a date with chrisbo

4. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

I'll be there and should have a full van. Our group is so amped about this release! We'll be bringing some folks that haven't been to a pre-release before.

Also, if you guys/gals are experienced players and haven't been around for a while, come on down! The game is gaining momentum and you won't be disappointed by one of Karl's events -- he & his troops are good at organizing, know the tools & our game. They work well with the local profs, so you know there won't be any funky rulings.

5. PTE_Karl

PTE_Karl New Member

Rulings, HJ, and Date with ChrisBo

Well...all of the rulings will be superb because the king himself, ChrisBo, is the HJ. There is a lot of excitement about this prerelease set! We should have lots of fun this Saturday. Unfortunately, since ChrisBo is HJ and married and sporting a Pokemon-daughter, he probably won't be available for a date...but...I'll let ChrisBo reply himself ;).

See you'all LAites and SDites on Saturday!

6. Yes.

I shall be bringing people as well. Although, I was sick during the last Prerelease in Costa Mesa, the Dragon one, how big is this place that it's usually held at?

7. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I shall be there and I can't wait to use those Aqua Pokemon. Hopefully, I will have better luck this time compared to my horrible luck last week. Since I have had not so much hard homework this week, I am pretty happy, and thinking about this pre-release is making me so excited. I can't wait to try out this set too. From reading Nick15's spoilers briefly, it looks like the Pokemon are pretty tough. I can't wait to try them out.

Must....see....Aqua....Pokemon....

8. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

Dude, what are you trying to do, scare people away from coming? :eek: / :lol:

The meeting room is large enough to hold plenty of people; quite a bit larger than the Fountain Valley Library, but not quite as large as the one we used for the San Diego Ruby/Sapphire Challenge event. Last time we had to run about 6-7 games in a side room, but it's got a translucent ceiling that let's lots of light in.

Here's a MapQuest map to help everyone with directions to the place:
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&address=2642+Newport+Blvd&city=Costa+Mesa&state=CA&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map

See ya there,
    - CHRISBO

9. Water Pokemon Master

Do you need help? I can come early this time.

10. bulbasnore

Right on. Quite a nice spot actually. Last time they had some gameboy/gamecube contests as well, which is also pretty cool.

11. cattdreams

cattdreams New Member

lets hope they dont forget to bring the universal remote!

12. Warbuzz

Warbuzz New Member

Me and TrEkIeV are gonna gather up our troops. Lets see how many come this time around.

13. bulbasnore

Do we need a remote control, seriously? I have a universal one and might even be able to dig up the directions.

We have some guys coming over tonite to work on decks (for later in the month) and to strategize with the partial spoilers from Nick15.

We expect to have Aaron B, lookinforwailordex, korythatsrightmare, Gabe, Patrick & Marshtstomp for tomorrow. Plus me that is 7 -- full van if noone bails. It is going to be a very cool event!

14. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

ATTENTION!! We need a GameCube donor!!! If anyone can bring a GameCube for use at the event, I would really appreciate it. If you do not have the GBA-Player adapter for it do not worry; we mostly just need the main unit, power supply, and one or more controllers. Please see me or Karl during registration.

P.S. I think Karl is bringing a universal remote for the TV, but please bring an extra one for backup, just in case.

Thanks,
    - CHRISBO

Last edited: Mar 5, 2004
  15. WeileMom

WeileMom New Member

We're going to be there tomorrow and I'll bring our Gamecube too. We don't have the GB Player but we do have 4 controllers and the rest.
    See you tomorrow!
    ---Nicole
    WeileMom
    PS- on the constructed side event, is it Unlimited or Modified format??? The website lists both.

16. I can bring the gameboy player, and the software for it. (And any other GCN stuff that might be needed)

17. Water Pokemon Master

and I can bring a backup Gamecube incase something happens. :)

18. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

By chance, will we be able to dl Jirachi?

'mom

19. Water Pokemon Master

If someone has the bonus disk and GBA-Gamecube connector, we can do a download for everyone, which would be cool since some of us can't get the bonus disk. It would also be cool to see the Jirachi movie preview.

20. WeileMom

WeileMom New Member

OOOO... We can bring that too, though I think they may already be planning to download it to everyone. It includes the patch after all (info on Pokemon website). I'll bring the disk though, just in case.
    Are you guys going to be there Doreen??!! Yea!
    I don't know if GBA link cables are needed but we only have one, so someone else may want to bring theirs too, for GB battles on the TV.
    ---Nicole
    WeileMom

PS One other thing...does anyone know if Jirachi is allowed for the GBA battle event?? Ashley has built hers up and would like to use it.