Loser's NH and MA state reports.

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by Loser626, Mar 10, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Loser626

Loser626 New Member

Hey everyone, what’s up?

Anywayz, despite an extreme week for school and a Super Smash Bros. launch, I still managed to make two great state tournaments for March.

Londonderry, New Hampshire State Tournament
    March 1st, 2008

Abridged Decklist:
    Pokemon (19)
    4x Ralts (PK)
    2x Kirlia (SW)
    2x Gardevoir (SW)
    1x Gardevoir (PK)
    1x Gardevoir Lvl X (SW)
    2x Gallade (SW)
    2x Chansey (MT)
    2x Blissey (MT)
    3x Absol (SW)

Trainers (26)
    Energy (15)

Loser’s Note: I am not the type to copy full deck lists off of the boards. All of my decks are original to my own standards and will never be taken from another player.

Stats:
    Section = # of Players = # of Rounds = Top cut
    Juniors = 18 = 5 = 4
    Seniors = 16 = 4 = 4
    Masters = 28 = 5 = 8
    Total 62 players

So yeah, same decklist from Cities, but I find it hard to let go.
    Round 1 vs Uhhh… hmmm, now who was it again? OH YEAH, now I remember, I was an hour late that day because the tournament started at 10… not 11. That was pretty… dumb.
    0-1 >.<

Round 2 vs Crystal Deveau (Gardevoir, Lucario, Igglybuff)
    I start out with my Absol against her Ralts. A T1 confusion quickly got rid of my Baleful Wind and Crystal managed a decent setup. It was pretty even throughout the match trading one prize for another, but I barely squeaked by in the end.
    1-1

Round 3 vs Warren Arnold (Butterfree, Beedrill)
    Very quick match, I start out with a Ralts vs Warren’s Caterpie… but despite the quick T2 Butterfree, my T3 Gallade proved very bad.
    2-1

Round 4 vs Con Le (Gardevoir, Gallade, Nidoqueen)
    So we start with my Ralts vs Con’s Chingling. By turn two… a strange problem, I have a Rare Candy and Celio’s in my so… what should I evolve into? Well, after some serious thought, I went with the PK Gardy for the quick KO. Con didn’t have much on the bench at that time so he puts up his second chingling to buy a little time. Fortunate for him, it was all the time he needed. Nidoqueen grabbed everything he needed and it was all crash and burn from there.
    2-2

Round 5 vs Nick Krupa (Magmortor)
    We start pretty simple, my Ralts vs Baltoy… it wasn’t long before I managed a Gallade to takedown Nick’s team little by little
    3-2

Final standing – 12th place.
    Well, at least there’s always next week.

Milford, Massachusetts State Tournament
    March 8th, 2008

Abridged Decklist:
    Pokemon (19)
    4x Ralts (PK)
    2x Kirlia (SW)
    2x Gardevoir (SW)
    1x Gardevoir (PK)
    1x Gardevoir Lvl X (SW)
    2x Gallade (SW)
    2x Chansey (MT)
    2x Blissey (MT)

Trainers (28)
    Energy (16)

Stats:
    Section = # of Players = # of Rounds = Top cut
    Juniors = 33 = 6 = 8
    Seniors = 27 = 5 = 8
    Masters = 60 = 6 = 8
    Total 120 players

So yeah, dropped the Absol… didn’t see much use with it anymore. Let’s see what happens.

Round 1 vs Katie Ciociola (Blaziken, Delcatty)
    Well, Katie started out with a Torchic vs my Chansey, and managed to get a Blaziken against my Blissey. Unfortunately for Katie, after she knocked out my Blissey, she had nothing but basics against my Gallade.
    1-0

Round 2 vs Nick Caporelli (Ho-oh, Togetic)
    Definitely not one of our better battles… quite uneventful in fact. Fast Gardevoir Lvl X and solid bench was all that was needed. Perhaps next time will be more epic.
    2-0

Round 3 vs Matt Choi
    Started out with a very strong hand… only problem was that Matt’s Absol trashed it quick and I was just left standing there just playing whatever came off the top of he deck.
    2-1

Round 4 vs Jeremy Costa (Empoleon, Furret)
    Our Sentret vs Ralts started out slow. It wasn’t until after my Gardevoir came out that everything got funny. Between his discarded Mars and my Mars, his Keen Eyes became useless. Unfortunately, Jeremy had to run midgame for personal reasons. We never got to finish.
    3-1

Round 5 vs Lisa Cox (Empoleon, Furret)
    Score another one for Gardy Lvl X, she came out early to start destroying Lisa’s bench. A solid bench on my part finished the job.
    4-1

Round 6 vs Devon Mancini (Magmortor, Claydor, Mawile)
    So we start out his Devon’s Mawile vs my Ralts. It wasn’t too long before I figured out why Mawile was even there in the first place… awesome Tech idea, Devon. I was never able to bring anything out and everything else got mowed down by Magmortor.
    4-2

Final Standing – 12th place… again.
    Oh well… it’s getting late (8 freaking am with no sleep) I’ll be going now. See you all next time.

Props:
    To Judy and Tom for another two great Tournaments
    Everyone who made it despite the bad weather on both weekends

Slops:
    None here

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  2. furrymuskrat03

furrymuskrat03 New Member

Theres a Warren Arnold in your division, Loser? Alot of my friends(i'm from Massachusetts. and their juniors) have played a boy named Warren Arnold in juniors. But pretty good job, though. 12 in masters out of 60 isnt all that bad.

3. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

Sorry Loser - Devon rode with me to MA and I gave him the idea of Mawile tech against Gallade ;-) GJ on 4-2 though!

4. KaMewie

KaMewie New Member

Wow, weird deck. Still, GJ on going 4-2 :D. :thumb:

5. Jaeger

Jaeger New Member

Wow I read JohnnyBlaze's post and completly spaced on your screen name. I was going to say that sounded kinda mean and I always knew Johnny to be a great guy.

6. GL Mo

GL Mo New Member

Danny, there is a Warren A in Masters also, the other Warren's Dad. That's who Loser played, Dad Warren.
    Nice report Loser! Sorry, I supplied Matt with all the dark energies to make that deck he played.

7. Papi/Manny

Papi/Manny New Member

Beat my girlfriend will you? *Crack Knuckles*. Nice job loser. :D

8. Miss_Espy

Miss_Espy New Member

Thanks Loser for a specific wording. I appreciate it.

9. mumsascrappa

mumsascrappa Active Member

nice report Rob...glad to see you made it to the tournies...