Loses to Magmortar

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by ryanvergel, Apr 16, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

pokemon[21]
    4/2/4 venusaur (2 sw/2 cg)
    2/2/2 leafeon
    1 latios
    2/2 claydol

trainers[23]
    4 roseannes
    4 celios
    4 rare candy
    3 tgw
    2 copycat
    3 dawn stadium
    3 warp point

energy[14]
    3 multi
    1 lightning
    8 grass
    4 boost

--
    Strategy:
    It's a new venucenter deck. Dawn stadium says for each energy you attach from your hand (not energy card), remove a damage counter. combine that with miracle aroma to stall+the heal there, and allowing boost to heal 3 damage counters you can boost the other venusaur to do the 20+10 for grass, and you can even double boost because of leafeon lvl x- healing 60 damage and doing +60 damage for a turn. No starter, I know, but oh well. the latios tech is because 120 damage is too sick, and with a leafeon out and boosts I should be able to charge it up once a game or so for a final prize or two (if they dont KO it i may be able to do another 120 next turn or warp it back and save it). Question though, drop warp for switches?

2. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

boost can't be attached to basics:tongue:

besides that, i think this deck needs a few Pachirisu

3. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

What about x2 Celebi MT and x2 Pachirisu? And there's always Blastoise CG when you need it.....

4. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

Er, I knew that. What I meant was that I could boost for my turn onto my venusaur and supply my benched lati- and this process could go on for a turn or two before i use latios to get a prize i need.

naw mean?

5. Dark Umbreon

Dark Umbreon New Member

Hi ryanvergel,

Why not use the same tactic with Leafeon and Umbreon and Espeon as a supporter lines. That would cover the fire weakness and Dawn Stadium can be used to cure Leafeon. Some Buffer Pieces could make up for the reduced defense and the increased speed is a nice offense form of defense too. Double Rainbow would be another nice addition since it cures and Leafeon can make up for the small damage reduction.

6. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

I'd second the Umbreon as a one-of so your Leafeon can retreat once you level it up and so that it doesn't get Ho-OHKO'd with 4 energy...or Mag I guess :lol:

I've been fooling around with Leafeon as well and DRE looks pretty interesting in here too. Powering up SW Venusaur in one turn looks pretty sexy, on top of adding 20 to Leaf X's attack.

It's just insane how much synergy there is with Dawn and Leaf and Special Energy. I smell errata.

And I don't think no starter will be a problem...Bulbasaur has Growth to get t2 Candy into Giant Bloom right? And Eevee can go get more Eevees.

You say it loses to Mag...is that just a prediction or have you actually tested this? If so, how's the GG matchup?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.