Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lost ability or strategy guide error?

Perfect0ne

I was reviewing the abilities in the Ru/Sa Guide and there was "SAND STREAM" which is an automatic sandstorm supposedly, yet no pokemon has it... was this an error or does jirachi or deoxys have it?

The strategy guide tells you all the possible abilities that a pokémon can have, whether or not the pokémon that gets it is in the game.

Sand Stream is Tyranitar's ability, I believe he's the only one that gets it...

TheDuece is correct, it is limited to only Ttar, not even Larv or Pupi get it. I think their are actually 1 or 2 other abilities not listed in Strat guide that are specific to 1 or 2 Pokemon, but I wont swear to that, since I dont have a list in front of me.....

Why do unobtainable pokemon even have abilities? Will there be a way to get them? Or are they just encouraging us to use gameshark? Too many questions.

There will almost defenitely be a way to get them. Why tick off so many fans, why add all the info like new moves Pokedex entries and abilities? It looks like at least some will be available in a mini game in Colesium, but even that isnt a garuntee. They have showed screen shots of Meganium, Feraligatr, and Typhlosion already for Colesium, so who knows. We just have to be patient, and wait. 200 is enough to get our appetites wet, and when we have to catch what 186 more, all the better. Although if you have looked into unatainables much, you will notice that they have a single dex entry for both games, not 1 for each, just 1 only, the same on both carts.... bummer

Yeah...

I was also confused about that sand stream power too and looked at all the pokemon in the nintendo guide but I found nothing, thanks to all who have helped the :clap: Great Master of Charizard :clap: .

What I find odd is that they listed Tyrannitar's ability (which only Tyrannitar can get), but they didn't list Jirachi's ability: Serene Grace (higher chance of added effects of attacks occuring).

That's because Jirachi is a hidden pokémon, so you'll be lucky if Nintendo even admit it exists, let-alone put information about it in a strat guide.

Tyranitar's different, we already know that he exists, we just don't know how to get him yet...

Ozma9719 said:
Why do unobtainable pokemon even have abilities? Will there be a way to get them? Or are they just encouraging us to use gameshark? Too many questions.
Everything is confirmed, you can steal them in Pokemon Colosseum, and there will probably be some other way to do it. Everything is confirmed here If there wasn't a way to get them, why would they go to the trouble of making GBA pictures of the unobtainables. (Also, you have to wait until tomorrow night or later to go to that link because something happened to the websites server. You can go to that link to read about it)

Spectreon said:
There will almost defenitely be a way to get them. Why tick off so many fans, why add all the info like new moves Pokedex entries and abilities? It looks like at least some will be available in a mini game in Colesium, but even that isnt a garuntee. They have showed screen shots of Meganium, Feraligatr, and Typhlosion already for Colesium, so who knows. We just have to be patient, and wait. 200 is enough to get our appetites wet, and when we have to catch what 186 more, all the better. Although if you have looked into unatainables much, you will notice that they have a single dex entry for both games, not 1 for each, just 1 only, the same on both carts.... bummer
First of all, the mini game thing is sort of right, but you are actually doing an RPG type mode. The screen shots, althought you can get the unobtainables from colosseum, could just be from rental pokemon. Apperantly, there will be all 382 pokemon (excluding Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Deoxys) available as rentals. There are screen shots of it at serebii.net, and if you can't wait until saturday night/sunday morning to believe me, then go to nintendo.com, go to the game list, Go to gamecube, select the letter P, and click on Pokemon Colosseum. Then go to the audio/video place near where the screen shots are. View the E3 commercial.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't use Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza as rentals in Pokémon Colosseum. Some legendaries (i.e. Articuno and Raikou) were available as rentals in previous Pokémon Stadium games, while others (i.e. Mewtwo, Lugia) weren't. If Pokémon Colosseum does keep the tradition of past Pokémon Stadium games, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Deoxys would be available as rentals in round two of whatever the Prime Cup in Pokémon Colosseum would be called.

If I was to predict right now the Ruby/Sapphire legendaries that would make it as Pokémon Colosseum rentals, I'd say Regirock, Regice, and Registeel for sure, and possibly Latios and Latias.

Last edited:
I would think the allowed legends would be:
The legindary birds
The legindary dogs
The regis
Groudon and Kyogre.

Groudon and "Kyüber" definately would NOT be available. They're too powerful. Look at the following chart of base stats:

Pokémon___HP___Att.__Def.__Spd.__SP.A__SP.D___Total
--------------------------------------------------
Ho-oh_____106__130____90____90___110___154__=__680
Lugia_____106___90___130___110____90___154__=__680
Rayquaza__105__150____90____95___150____90__=__680
Mewtwo____106__110____90___130___154____90__=__680
Kyogre____100__100____90____90___150___140__=__670
Groudon___100__150___140____90___100____90__=__670

As you can see, Groudon and Kyogre are tied for second highest base stat total. Kyogre's SP.ATK is second best (second only to Mewtwo). And Groudon's Attack is second best as well (second to Slaking, who has 160). So both are extremely powerful. Thus, would be banned from any sort of Stadium-like event.

All of the other legendary Pokémon, though, would probably be legal. All of their base stat totals are 600 even (except for the three trios. Their totals are 580 each) and are spread out differently.

Last edited:
I now that Jarachi will prolly have Stats identical to Mew/Celibi (I mean all the way down exactly the same, give or take a little). But do you have Doexys stats? I have heard his will rival Mewtwos. Also, what are there types. I dont remember, and the website I would check it on is down, otherwise I wouldnt bother asking.

actually, the mew/celebi/jirachi/deoxys will have stats amounting to 600. the first three would basically be 100 in all areas, while deoxys is unbalanced, and is 50 in HP, def, and sp def, while 150 in attack, sp atk, and speed; definitely a OHKO'er. he also lurns Psychoburn, or something like that, which is a stronger attack than psychic... he's psychic type, while jirachi is steel/psychic; a better metagross.

Deo's pathetically weak. Psycho Burn is basically a Psychic-type Overheat, but even with STAB, Deo only averages 3/4 or 4/5 damage against most Pokémon. Recover doesn't help it, since its defensive stats are so low that it takes 3/4 damage from most decent attacks.

It's good, but it doesn't have anything that Mewtwo can't do better (well, Psycho Burn excepted).

True, but you forget, Deoxys gets Cosmic Power, and assuming he can pull off 2-3 of those, his defensive stats can get pretty good, making Recover well worth it, and with his offenses as good as they are, Deoxys might be worth using...

Of course, if there is an event similar to the Prime Cup in Pokémon Colosseum, it'll let you use those you can't use as rentals. That's the way it's always gone.

Back