lostgar stops vilegar and luxchomp

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by AlmightyGoldenGarchomp, Mar 6, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a deck I came up with to counter vilegar and luxchomp, that uses the technique of lostgar.

POKEMON:

x4 ghastly SF
    x3 haunter SF
    x3 gengar prime
    x2 eevee RR
    x2 glacion MD
    x2 glaceon lv. x
    x2 electrike PL
    x2 manectric PL
    x2 mime jr.
    x1 chatot g
    x2 dialga g
    x1 dialga g lv. x

TRAINERS/SUPPORTERS/STADIUMS:

x2 lost world
    x3 broken time-space
    x2 bebe's search
    x2 SD rader
    x3 seeker
    x2 pokemon collector
    x2 twins
    x1 palmer's contribution
    x2 warp point
    x2 bench shield
    x3 cyrus's conspiracy

ENERGY:

x10 psychic energy

This tries to stop luxchomp with glaceon lv. x's chilly breath to neutralize healing breath and bright look, and dialga g lv. x to block allergy flower against vilegar. It is important not to use glacion and dialga at the same time, because dialga stops glacion's chilly breath. Manectric is there to stop garchomp c in lostgar from killing everyone on the bench.To win, it uses lostgar strategy.
    obviously, this idea is in its infancy, and I believe there is a lot of ways it can improve. Helpful suggestions are always welcome.

2. Kagami

Kagami New Member

I see what you are doing, and as I play a Gengar Prime deck, here is what I suggest.

Play Mesprit instead of Glaceon. You drop it to the bench and they can't use any PokePowers on their next turn.
    You can combo this with seeker to keep a lock on them, while focusing on lost zoning stuff with Gengar.

- 2-2 Glaceon X
    - 2 Mime Junior
    - 2-1 Dialga G x (It would lock your glaceon anyways, and it locks Gengar too.

Play Haunter TM > SF as it has free retreat.

+ 1-1 Absol G X / Palkia G X
    +2 Mesprit
    +2 Uxie
    +1 Azelf

then you can easily remove SP radar, bench shield, 3 psychic energy and add

+ 2 Pokemon Communication
    + 2 Twins (four's consistency is amazing)
    + 2 Rescue Energy
    +1 Seeker (Also much more consistent and quick)

As your deck is now, it is much too slow to win using the LostGar stratagem of Lost Zoning 1+ Pokemon a turn,
    Glaceon must be active and thus you'd have to attack with him for his usefulness to pay off. Remove it.
    Chatot G is also superficial and you could replace it with Uxie or another collector for quick Pokemon dropping.

Just my 2 cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.