Lt. Surge--The Deck(Dp-on)(Article Included)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Dr. Mason, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

This deck is my dedication to my favorite Gym Leader of the video game series. He was the hardest to beat for me when I was young, because I always had a certain affinity for the water type. I later went on to loving the electric type, wherein I started play cards at the age of 8-10 and became my leagues Lt. Surge soon after. I always bult electric decks, mostly with Lt. Surge's cards, and it makes me sad to see that he has not graced the game for some time. (Anyone else up for a new gym leader set?) This deck is little tribute to Lt. Surge, because I know he would build it this way. (lol)

Please, don't sit here and say 'this won't beat such and such' or why don't you play 'such and such' deck. I don't care. Fixes for this deck only, without giving it major surgery.

I have included his epic monologue for you here, to be used EVERY TIME you play this deck. That's right. EVERY TIME.

"Hey kid! What do you think you're doing here? You won't live long in combat! That's for sure! I tell you kid, electric Pokemon saved me during the war! They zapped my enemies into paralysis! The same as I'll do to you!"

Rambly geezer. <3

Pokemon 22
    3-3-1 Raichu/X IFDS
    4 Chatot
    2-2 Claydol GE
    3-3-1 Electivire/X

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums 23
    4 Bebe's Search
    3 Roseanne's Research
    2 PokeRadar
    2 Night Maintenance
    4 Felicity's Drawing
    2 Team Galactic's Wager
    2 Premier Ball
    2 Technical Machine TS-1
    2 Energy Link

Energy
    12 Lightning Energy
    3 Call Energy

Pokemon

Pikachu IFDS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pikachu LV.20 – Lightning – HP70
    Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Pika Punch: 20 damage.
    [L][C][C] Speed Ball: 40 damage. If Pikachu evolved from Pichu on this turn, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Pikachu during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: Fighting (+10)
    Resistance: Steel (-20)
    Retreat: 2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyond the hilarious attack name....I'll get this out of the way now...

"PIKAAAAAAAA PAWNCH!!!"

Indeed. It's only purpose is to evolve into Raichu, just as Lt. Surge intended. <3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Raichu IFDS

Raichu LV.45 – Lightning – HP90
    Stage 1 – Evolves from Pikachu

[.] Slash: 30 damage. Raichu can’t use Slash during your next turn.
    [C][C][C] Fission Orb: 50 damage. Move 1 Energy attached to Raichu to one of your Benched Pokemon. (If you have no Benched Pokemon, ignore this effect.)
    [L][L][C] Explosive Orb: 100 damage. Discard 3 of your Energy in play.

Weakness: Fighting (+20)
    Retreat: 0

Slash is a great attack if you're low on energy, and ensures that Raichu is never useless. Fission Orb is situational, and it can be quite nice if you know a KO is inevitable. His second attack is my favorite though, and makes him very playable. Does 100 for three energy...and discard any 3 energy in play. Ah. The wording that makes this playable. Motor Drive anyone? Main attacker.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Raichu Lv. X IFDS

Raichu LV.X – Lightning – HP110
    Level Up

Poke-Body: Chain Lightning
    If this Pokemon uses Voltage Shoot on the turn it Levels Up, afterward this Pokemon can attack 1 additional time (and only once). This Body stops working it this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[L][L][C] Voltage Shoot: Discard 2 Lightning Energy cards from your hand, and do 80 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. (If you can’t discard, this attack fails.)

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
    Retreat: 1

Pachirisu GE
    A starter. He grabs basics, slaps em down. What else do you need? Smash Short can be absolutely vicious too.

Baltoy GE
    Evolves into Claydol, although his first attack is decent.

Claydol GE
    Cosmic Power, like we all know by now, is an amazing power, and helps keep my hand with plenty of energy for Voltage Shoot, and just setting up in general.

Electabuzz SW
    Has moar speed. Evolves into Electivire.

Electivire SW
    Motor Drives on your bench most of the time. He can be an attacker, but is only efficient if you get heads. A lot.

Electivire Lv. X
    For when he needs to be attacker, or you want to get rid of a pesky stadium or something. The body is pretty sweet too.

Trainers/Stadiums/Supporters

Bebe's Search
    Kind of obvious. Find Pokemon. Or, I guess you could play around and grab an energy instead, then watch as you get disqualified. I mean, if you like.

Roseanne's Research
    Very versatile. Search for some basics and/or energy. Pretty basic stuff.

PokeRadar
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Poke-radar – Trainer

Look at the top 5 cards of your deck, choose any number of Pokemon you find there, show them to your opponent, and put them in your hand. Return the remaining cards to your deck and shuffle your deck.
    Is nicer than Dusk Ball because can grab multiples. :D Get Pokemon.

Night Maintenance
    You'll be discarding a lot in this deck. Shove some stuff back in.

Felicity's Drawing
    Discard some Lightning, then Motor Drive it back up. Neat huh? Also, you draw cards with it. Amazing.

Team Galactic's Wager
    Play RPS. 3 cards or 6 cards, it's still disruption. Could give you the turn or two to goof off that you need.

Premier Ball
    If you need a Level X, grab it from the deck. If it died and you want it back, grab it anyway.

Technical Machine TS-1
    Technical Machine TS-1 – Trainer – Technical Machine

[.] Evolutionator: Search your deck for 1 Evolution card that Evolves from 1 of your Pokemon and play it on top of that Pokemon, Evolving it. Shuffle your deck afterward.

To use a Technical Machine, attach it to one of your Pokemon. The Pokemon this card is attached to can use the attack on this card.
    Attach this and speed setup by evolving some pokes!

Technical Machine TS-2
    Technical Machine TS-2 – Trainer – Technical Machine

[.] De-Evolutionator: De-Evolve 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon (excluding Pokemon LV.X) by 1 Evolutionary stage. The Pokemon card removed by De-Evolution is returned to your opponent’s hand.

To use a Technical Machine, attach it to one of your Pokemon. The Pokemon this card is attached to can use the attack on this card.
    Fun to use. Devolve a Pokemon after hitting it with voltage shoot for your second attack. >D

Energies

Lightning Energy
    Energy...that provides lightning. For serious.

Strategy

Okay guys. Setup with Pachirisu, then start powerin' up Raichu as fast as you possibly can.(I'mma firin' my laser!) Explosive Orb for OHKOs against Stage 1 decks and Kingdra, for all others rinse and repeat. Discard from benched Electivires everytime, who keep using Motor Drive to get them back so you can do it every turn. Raichu X is necessary, start blowin up some pokes, maybe kill some Claydols. Use your own claydol for a whole lotta draw. Raichu can also do quick damage with Slash, a great move.

I hope you enjoyed putting up with all of this! Please tell me you clicked every link, right down to Lightning Energy...I took a long time to put this together :c

Scans and translations are from the PokeBeach and Pokegym.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  2. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Here's my list:

Pokemon (18):

Raichu Lv.X x1
    Raichu IFDS x3
    Pikachu IFDS x3
    Electivire Lv.X x1
    Electivire SW x3
    Electabuzz SW x3
    Claydol x2
    Baltoy x2

Trainers (25):

Technical Machine TS-1 x4
    Felicity's Drawing x4
    Bebe's Search x3
    Roseanne's Research x3
    PokeBlower+ x4
    PokeDrawer+ x4
    Night Maintenance x2
    Technical Machine TS-2 x1

Energy (17):

Call Energy x4
    Lightning Energy x13

Oh, yeah, and I didn't click any of the links. :tongue:

3. sKizor

sKizor Member

personally i think you should run a 2-4-2-2 raichu line so you can abuse energy recycle from mt pikachu. seriously bringing back lightning energy so you can attack twice two turns in a row is sick

4. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

That's kind of what....electivires does....

Also, that lilimits my Raichu count, and he is the main attacker, It is never a good idea to limit yourself that way.

5. sKizor

sKizor Member

true. but with that line you dont need to be depending on electivire so you can easily get up raichu lv x by t3. at the point you take 2 prizes. next turn retreat for your second raichu, lv up and take 2 more prizes. and more often than not that will be all the pokemon your opponent will be able to get out so you win regardless. you can play electivire, that your move. i just think that it would take the potential speed away from the deck that i see. personally i would try to find another stage 1 line as back up. but thats just my opinion

6. Soccer_kid13

Soccer_kid13 New Member

have you thought of trainers from IFDS great ball. lux ball, and even energy link could help

Luxury Ball – Trainer
    Search your deck for 1 Pokemon card (excluding Pokemon LV.X), show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
    If there’s already a card named Luxury Ball in your discard pile, you can’t play this card.

Great Ball – Trainer
    Search your deck for 1 Basic Pokemon card and play it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Energy Link – Pokemon Tool
    Choose an Energy attached to the Pokemon this card is attached to, and move it to one of your other Pokemon in play that has an Energy Link Pokemon Tool attached to it.
    You can use this effect any number of times during your turn.
    To use a Pokemon Tool card, attach it to one of your Pokemon. You can’t attach it to a Pokemon that already has another Pokemon Tool attached.

could help get energy from motor drive

7. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

Energy Link...well, I can't help but feel Energy Switch would be better. There are plenty of cards right now that can and will take advantage of tools being out and about, and I don't want to be their food. I can try it though. As for great ball, I see that as being better for Basic decks, and Luxury Ball is a choice thing. Seeing as you can only really use 1, I'm not a fan.

Raichu Lv. X is not the focus of the deck. He's just the added bonus sKizor. If you want to focuson him, build your own deck. I asked for no major upheavals.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I made some changes. I'll change the article to reflect them soon.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  8. Delirium Trigger

Delirium Trigger New Member

NEEDZ MOAR BRONZONG IFDS

Grab your two energies to use Voltage Shoot
    It's not your intention to use Voltage Shoot constantly or even Raichu X, but thats how I would play him.
    Why?
    BECUASE IT GOEZ LIKE THIS
    "HAI THERE CLAYDOL? YOU GOTZ 80HP HUH? BAI."

Either way it goes, you can still get the energy back through your Electivires.
    Btw:
    You should start coming to league.

9. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

I've considered it, but the only way I can imagine fitting it is a 3-2-1 Bronzong IFDS/MT line.

....should I know you?

10. Delirium Trigger

Delirium Trigger New Member

Yeah you should know me.
    Its justin.

If you took out the Claydols I could maybe see doing it the line, but Claydol generally gives you alot better drawpower than the Bronzong MT.

11. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

Aha! :p

I'll have to test first man. Goin to League would be nice and all, but I don't own my car and can't pay for gas :/ That's a matter of parental pity at this point. Maybe see you there this weekend, but who knows?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.