Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lucario LV X Error?

Quatra

I got a Lucario LV X from my stepson. Now i noticed that there is a very short, thin line of gold holo going across just below the "Put this card" etc, box. It's just up and left of the type "resistance" Is this on every copy? It doesn't affect game play or anything. But i was just curious. You'll have to tilt the card to see it.

a reason why scan is needed so we can identify to see if the error happens on other cards :) so yeh also for some, they want scans to believe it....

I worked on scanning the card, sadly it doesn't show up very well because it's such a thin line. My Wife scanned it at 300 DPI (highest Res she could) and then enlarged it. But unless you know what your looking for, it's nearly impossible to see. I'll post the best one i can, and try to narrow down the spot.

Edite: Ok heres the link to the image. As i said above, it's hard to see. http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee263/Quatra2001/?action=view&current=LucarioLVX2.jpg

If you expand your web page to 125-150 it's a little easier to see. Where 2007 is, go up just before the white line. You'll see a darkened line. That's the holographic line, which is way easier to see if you look at the card slightly tilted away from you.

Last edited:
Well as i stated, it's next to impossible to see because the scanner didn't pick it up. Everyone was screaming for a scan, well i knew it wouldn't show in the scan. If you have the card, you can see it plain as day. Unless someone can do better, it's all i can do.

i can see what your talking about

i believe its a printing error. :)

note: i can see it with ridiciously bad vision :p

It's nothing major i know, but something i noticed. Being a Screen Printer it's my Job to point out errors. It's not much in the scan, but having the card in person and tilting it. You can see it a lot better. I only noticed it because when i trade for cards to put in my collection, i look at them very carefully. Sadly this one didn't pass the Mint test. It's i'd say 98% mint perhaps. Just has some scratches in the holo. But more than useable in decks. Chances are it was a slip in the printing. I have a couple of errors in my collection. My fav would have to be a Shining Charizard from Destiny, that has the Gold overprint shifted upward covering half of the word "Basic". Plus the usual offset cut cards like Celebi* and Blaziken Ex and various un/commons.

Yeah, and it being so small it probably won't get fixed anytime soon if at all. Unlike the Empoleon Poke Power/Poke Body error as it affected game play.

i see it, but don't see why theres a thread for such a minute thing.

don't want to sound horrible here, but, something that minute, does it matter that much?

it's one of those "lines" that we see in holos and reverse holos we see them all the time people. yes its a printing error but it happens a lot

Back