Lucario + Sharpedo SW

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by CrownAxe, Jan 18, 2008.

1. CrownAxe

CrownAxe New Member

what would some good pokes to use with it. i was figuring of just using the fishing engine since its all S1 pokes and it needs as mush speed as it can get but the onle poke i can think of running with it is ABsol which i don't think it needs

what else is there?

2. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

Holon's Castform (1 as a tech) can really help you even your energy needs. Plusle and Minun can help keep the pressure up by returning your :fighting: or :water: energy and drawing 2 more cards after one of your pokemon get's KO'd which will happen a lot in this type of deck. Absol EX can help control when the damage counters are on your opponents pokemon to maximize Sharpeedo's attacks. Spinda might be a decent starter in this since it has the possibility to be very offensive in the right situation in addition to being able to draw 2 extra cards a turn.

3. zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos New Member

I was thinking the other day about building a Prinplup/Sharpedo deck. I think it might work well with Buffer Pieces.

4. CrownAxe

CrownAxe New Member

i plan on using Carvanha d so that i don't have to use any water energies

shame its only 40 hp

5. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

Sharpedo (SW) needs :water::colorless:colorless to attack, so don't use the old Carvanha.

6. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Seem to recall my sister running a list with Sableye (to compliment the Fishing Engine) and used the SW basic for Carvanha, 'cause Ralts can't touch it (could make a difference later... Maybe. I don't think so, but whatever)

Of course, there might be better, especially if you're building with GE cards (other then Premier ball, I can't think of any though... Hm), but for HP->SW, it's alright. Kills Blissey for sure, but Gallade can drive you batty if it's built right (meaning using Furret or Stantler, not Absol).

7. CrownAxe

CrownAxe New Member

thought the water enegry was a dark

8. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Nope. Only use for Darks in this deck is the special to make Sharpedo stronger.

...though since Sharpedo ignores Buffer Piece and other such tricks, that might not be a bad thing. I kinda prefer Pluspower though (able to attach many at a time, rather then a kinda slow Dark Energy, can be attached to Lucario, etc.), but that's just me.

9. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

I've ran special darkness in a Lucario build to great effect.