Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lucario/Swampert Help

Timess

The BR's start on Saturday but my lil bro got no deck the best I got are Swamperts and Lucario.
If you can help me make a deck from nothin. Well I'm thankful. Oh and he is in Juniors......Just in case that helps somehow......

Yes Yes. Run Lucario/ Dugtrio it is the easiest fighting deck there is. It is flippy but little bros like that stuff. Also it is very easy to set up.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Maybe take a look at Marrowak 2 energies and flip until tails each heads does 50 WHAT?!!??! That is crazy

Last edited:
......Um thanks
I'll look if it's a good match with my brother
But if anyone willing to help um please help.

Well, I ran a Swampert/Lucario deck for regionals last year and... frankly did badly since I didn't account for the metagame (...No one plays Crystal Beach in Washington; why do they play it in Oregon?! D=).

I found a HEAVY reliance on Scramble Energy, but those are gone now... Hm...
I DID like the flexibility though once you got energies onto the table, so let's see what we can do here...

Finding a way to throw down energies and getting them to stick would be useful. Regirock would help out Lucario, yes. Making sure your Lucario lines are something like 2 Lucario DP, 1 Lucario LA, and 1 Lucario MT (LV.X) would help too, to give you the most flexibility.
I think Unown Qs and Mantines are probably going to be highly useful, so you can keep energies in play as long as possible. I guess we now have Energy Patch too, but you don't want to live your life on coin flips (especially with kids, since it seems most of them are rather bad with coins; not that I'm trying to stereotype them).

I guess that IS the most important point to keep in mind with Lucario/Swampert: Keep your energies in play to be able to attack every turn. IIRC, Juniors tends to be more "Who can keep cards on the fields" than "Who can deal >9000 damage ASAP", so as long as your brother understands Warp Points (...MAYBE Metagross, but that sounds a bit much), remembers to draw cards for his turn (...AMAZING how many people forget that <_<), and understands how to reduce a pokemon's remaining HP to 80 (for KO range by Swampert) or 90 (KO via Swampert if you play Buck's Training/PlusPowers), then he'll be fine.

If your brother's willing to try more risky cards, then Cresselia Lv.X, Metagross, Spiritomb, Forretress, and Frosslass all add interesting aspects to this deck, but more chances for it to go wrong (...Well, Frosslass actually seems pretty good in Juniors because kids tend to throw every pokemon they see onto the table, leading for easy spread KOs <_<; again, not being judgmental here ;P).

'Bout it I can say without actually trying the combo out in DP-on. I realize there's quite a bit of LA cards involved as suggestions, but it shouldn't be too hard to obtain copies of (You'd only need ~2 Regirock, for instance, and Buck's + Metagross are easy to find in Starter Decks).

Hmm.... Thanks for that detailed explanation
I think I can work out some stuff.......You live in Washington I do to kinda odd huh?
My little brother is kinda has some exp but eh.... He did lose to a Butterfree deck with a G&G
Hey, thanks again and If you are going to Battle Roads Saturday see ya there

butterfree is a great deck. decent damage, good HP and speed, free retreat. play with mothim and u got a decent deck.

If you build a deck for him try to play with him as much as possible and teach him how to use the deck properly and assist him while he is playing in the tournament he'l do what you taught him. And remember to keep the deck simple, especially if he is young.

I'd look into a Regirock or 2 for a little help.

Regirock can get extra fighting energy into play, which swamper can easily move around. He also makes a respectable attacker if your brother doesn't mind flips.

If you can spare them, regirock+claydol can also makes his deck a LOT faster.

Back