Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lusby, MD 10-12

ninetales1234

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Battles at Aardvark's! The Lusby Battle Road draws near!

300 Clubhouse Dr
    Lusby, MD 20657

• Time: October 12, 2008
    Registration @ 11:00am
    Round One @ 12:00pm
    Late players will be given losses for the rounds they missed- no exceptions. Through our TO experience, Tara and I have become increasingly efficient in setting up and organizing tournaments. Expect us to start on time. Show up, even if you will be late- remember, Premier events are free; you have nothing to lose! Late entry does not affect your Premier Rating.

• Contacts:
    Judges- ninetales1234 (HJ)
    titan-girl (PTO)

• Format: Modified-Constructed
    There will be deck checks. Make sure your deck is Modified-legal the first time.
    Click here to see what sets you may use for your deck.

If you don't have enough Modified-Legal cards, remember, this is a retail venue: buy some! If you are having trouble, please talk with tournament staff. They will be make sure you're good to go.:smile:

• Tournament Style: Age Modified Swiss + Single Elimination
    It appears that the new 40-minute round time is mandatory, so expect us to be doing this. Timely play is still expected. Please continue to play at the same speed you always have. SE rounds are 1 hour as usual.

• Admission: Free!

• Prizes:
    -Standard prizes of course. aardvarkvcg, titan-girl, and I have a tendency to take things to the next level- we will have door prizes.
    -This is a Premier Event so you will be playing for a Premier Rating.

• Make sure you come with:
    -Something to write with (to record your wins/losses)
    -Damage counters and coins (or dice) for coin-flipping.
    -A smile on your face, as I will be bringing my camera.
    -[del]RaiEggs[/del]

• Additional Info: Don’t forget to be there on time and don’t forget your POP ID#. If you haven’t become a POP member yet, come early so we can sign you up and give you a POP ID#. Membership is free. If you have any questions about this tournament, post in this thread or PM me.

Last edited:
I am ready!!

I look forward to seeing everyone.

Everyone will have had a couple of weekends of battle roads to see what is being played before this tournament.

It will be fun to see which players and decks are rising to the top.

See you in Lusby!

Nick, I figured that I'll save every one a lot of time/gas money and just let you guys know that I'm going to win every dev. at the same time(yes I am going to face 3 opponents at the same time and win every one of them). Just send me my prizes in the mail. :p

Nick, I figured that I'll save every one a lot of time/gas money and just let you guys know that I'm going to win every dev. at the same time(yes I am going to face 3 opponents at the same time and win every one of them). Just send me my prizes in the mail. :p

Really? That's cool, I'll stay home. I mean, I'd love to defend my title, but if you've already got it in the bag, that's cool too.

(srsly not going, it's a Sunday, gas is expensive, K value of 4, etc etc)

Junior: 5
1st: Zillah P (Shedinja/Ninjask)
2nd: ???

Senior: 13
1st: LJ W (Kingdra + Azelf/Uxie)
2nd: Steven Y (Eeveelutions)

Master: 16
1st: Michael P (Kingdra + Azelf/Uxie)
2nd: Chris N (AMU)
3rd and 4th: Michael M (AMU)
Phillip M (Raichu/Exeggcutor/Electivire)

Props
-Players who just joined the Masters division and are doing well
-Look forward to a tournament report by Phillip Miles on somdpokemon.com
-Nuge's notes on the game state.
-Deck choices that make me LOL
-Lack of slops. This event was rather uneventful

Back