Lusby SW Prerelease report

Discussion in 'Prerelease Tournaments' started by Lucario EX, Nov 5, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Lucario EX

Lucario EX Moderator<br>Fanfic Contest Host

I think maybe I'll start always posting tournament reports for prereleases just to do something strange.:lol: Sorry about forgetting so much, but I had a headache and was half deaf from everyone screaming about football.

I get to the tournament, register, do nothing for a while, play some fun games, and then when deckbuilding finally starts I once again don't get any good cards. I almost finish deckbuilding, then realize I have too many Pokemon, and take a while deciding whether to take out the 1-1 Nidorino line or the 1-1 Magmortar line. In the end I keep Magmortar.

Finished deck:

1 Ludicolo
    1 Lombre
    2 Lotad
    1 Quagsire
    1 Wooper
    1 Magmortar
    1 Magmar
    1 Mew
    1 Lugia
    1 Corsola
    1 Stantler
    1 Smeargle

1 Bebe's Search
    1 Roseanne's Research
    1 Team Galactic's Mars
    1 Rival
    1 PlusPower
    1 Potion
    3 Switch

9 Water Energy
    6 Fire Energy
    3 Psychic Energy

R1 vs Justin M.
    Start is Stantler vs Nidoran. I set up for a looooong time with Stantler and Smeargle, while my opponent powers up a Golduck and starts hurting things with it. I do some damage to the Golduck with Magmar and Lotad, and eventually get out Magmortar when my deck is down to 2-3 cards due to Color Pick.
    Golduck switches out for Absol, which OHKO's my Lotad with a dark energy, and I switch up Magmortar and KO Absol and Golduck. Ludicolo comes up, does 90 to Magmortar, and I barely KO the Ludicolo with Flame Blast and PlusPower. Then Magmortar is KO'd for the last prize, and I have no deck left anyway.
    0-1

R2 vs Bert H.
    Start is Stantler vs Farfetch'd. I set up Lugia and Lombre and some other Pokemon, and then my opponent gets a Cloyster and KOs Lugia, Magmar, and Stantler. I evolve the Lombre, and KO Cloyster, and then almost everything else. I win by switching Ludicolo after Roselia used Sleep Powder, then retreating Corsola to get Ludicolo back, and KO Roselia for the last prize.
    1-1

R3 vs Nigel D.
    Start is Lotad vs Kecleon. Lucky flipping with Kecleon KOs Lotad and Lugia, and I desperately poison the Kecleon with Magmar. Then Kecleon is KOd by poison after flipping tails with Blind Scratch and doing 20 to a benched Growlithe. I point out that doing the 20 to Kecleon would be better, because it would be KOd anyway, and let my opponent take it back. I evolve Magmar, and hit a Corsola for 40 with Flame Blast. Corsola retreats and Growlithe uses Roar to switch up Mew. I switch the Mew, attach a fire energy and PlusPower to KO the Growlithe. KO another Pokemon with Quagsire (I don't remember which) and then use Muddy Water to KO the benched Corsola for the last prize.
    2-1

R4 vs Louis P.
    Start is Mew vs Roselia. My opponent attacks with Razor Leaf, I use Roseanne's Research to get Stantler and Magmar, switch the Stantler, attach to Magmar, and use Lead to get Bebe's Search.
    Razor Leaf again, I use Bebe's to get Magmortar and evolve Magmar. Next turn retreat the Stantler for Smeargle, Color Pick fire energy, switch out Smeargle for Magmortar, and KO the Roselia and another Pokemon, and then my opponent concedes.
    3-1

R5 vs Albert J
    Start is Wooper vs Jynx. I have a great start, Quagsire and a bunch of water energy, use Yawn, and the Jynx stays asleep for 2 turns, I evolve Wooper when it's powered up, use Muddy Water, and Jynx uses Ice Kiss. Switch and then retreat, and use Aqua Healing, so Quagsire is at full HP, and KO's Jynx and then a Sharpedo. Quagsire KOs another Pokemon, and then a Stantler for the last prize.

Final record 4-1 2nd place.

Props
    Actually almost winning a prerelease.
    Pulling Gardevoir Lv. X.
    Tanner bragging all week and then losing 2 or 3 games.

Slops
    Football.
    No Gallade.
    Forgetting random details.
    Too crowded.
    Tim not coming.

2. Aardvarkvcg

Aardvarkvcg New Member

Nice Report!

Nice Report it was great seeing you again.

3. Fox McCloud

Fox McCloud New Member

I made up for it by beating you at Scrabble.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  4. empoleonperson

empoleonperson Active Member

i say thats a pretty nice cards even know you cant use it in your deck good job gj

5. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Darn him. If he hadn't gotten lucky and gotten that stupid Electrode, I would have gone 5/0, insted of 4/1 and 4th place. (prizes where only for t3)