Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Luxchomp for SoCal States

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Hura

Looking to do a final edit on my Luxchomp build in preparation for states. I put in a Honchkrow line in anticipation of Lostgar and it should help with Vilegar, Gyarados, and Mewtwo as well. I dropped my previous Dialga G Lv. X line because I wanted to use Call Energy over Warp as it can make horrible starts decent ones, and I can be rather unlucky :( Any suggestions are welcome.

Pokemon: 22

2 Luxray GL Lv. X
2 Luxray GL
2 Garchomp C Lv X
2 Garchomp C
2 Uxie
1 Uxie LV.X
1 Dragonite FB
1 Azelf
1 Crobat G
1 Bronzong G
1 Unown Q
1 Ambipom G
1 Promocroak G
1 Smeargle
1 Lucario GL
1 Murkrow
1 Honchkrow

Trainers & Supporters: 27

4 Cyrus’s Conspiracy
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebes Search
2 Aaron’s Collection
2 Looker's Investigation

4 TGI Poketurn
3 TGI Power Spray
3 TGI Energy Gain
3 TGI SP Radar
1 Expert Belt

Energy: 11

4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Call Energy
2 Lightning Energy
1 Psychic Energy
1 Dark Energy

Last edited:
I'd play 3/1 Chomp in a low LostGar meta. At least at States, they will be everywhere. They can easily T1 Hurl into Darkness your Garchomp C LV.X. When you've got both Ambipom and Dragonite I don't see why playing 3/1 Chomp line.

Your thread title points out a sadness for northern California's Pokemon players; California State Championship really is the SoCal State tourney. Never in the north, never in the middle, always in the south. I get that the player base is larger in the south, but all four of the top four California players played in the NorCal Regional, so we have quality, if not quantity; and it would be nice to see the State championship played in the north 1 out of every three, or four, or heck, even five years. Just sayin'. Back on topic, good luck with your deck.

-1 Radar
+1 VS Seeker
-1 Garchomp X
+1 Garchomp C

I was thinking about adding the VS Seeker in, but I think I'd rather take out a Power Spray or even Looker's over a Radar. Thoughts?

---------- Post added 03/08/2011 at 11:04 PM ----------

Your thread title points out a sadness for northern California's Pokemon players; California State Championship really is the SoCal State tourney. Never in the north, never in the middle, always in the south. I get that the player base is larger in the south, but all four of the top four California players played in the NorCal Regional, so we have quality, if not quantity; and it would be nice to see the State championship played in the north 1 out of every three, or four, or heck, even five years. Just sayin'. Back on topic, good luck with your deck.

Yeah, that really isn't fair at all :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back