~ MA State Championship ~ 4/3 ~ TJ Collectibles Milford

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by PokeMeBob, Mar 8, 2004.

1. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

:pokeball: Massachusetts State Championship :pokeball:

WHEN: Saturday, April 3

TOURNEY START: 11:00AM

ENTRY FEE: $10

FORMAT: Age Modified Swiss; cut to single elimination Top 8 in each age group; Modified decks (Expedition-on with only Nintendo Promos)

PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded to each of the three age groups (10+Under, 11-14, 15+) as follows:

1st: TM/TA Box, 2 round bye at the National Championships, VIP Prize package at Nationals
    2nd: 18 TM/TA booster packs
    3rd & 4th: 9 booster packs of TM/TA
    5th-8th: 4 booster packs of TM/TA​
    WHERE: TJ Collectibles, 160 Main Street, Milford, MA 01757 Plenty of free parking behind the store.

For more information, check out www.tjcollect.com or go to Organized Play at www.pokemon-tcg.com. If you are not already registered with Pokemon Organized Play, we will be issuing POP ID #s and Passwords to everyone who signs up.

:clap: Come join in on the fun!:clap:​

Last edited: Mar 8, 2004
  2. Flare Starfire

Flare Starfire New Member

Just got my schedule today...I've got the day off, thankfully. Just wish I had more time to test....I'll be going to nationals regardless, but a 2 round bye would make my day a bit easier, thats for sure! Gonna try and make NH, too...hopefully I won't have to. *laughs* We'll see!

3. I just got my days off and i will be back in time to get to milford. unfortunly with my time restrictions i wont be able to make NH but im just glad i get my shot at one state championship.

See ya all next saturday and good luck to all who attend. After all teh good comments i heard about the citys at TJ'S i wont be surprized if states is just as good.

4. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

FF09 - if you can make MA, you should be able to make RI!

For anyone driving 95N through CT, please be aware that there was an accident at exit 27 today and they had to close down 95!!! They expect to have 95N opened some time next week (so be aware if they are wrong!!!!) 95S will probably not be opened by next week. So if you plan on going that route - beware. You might want to leave half an hour earlier.

5. Monkey

Monkey <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Yup, i'll be going next week.

Is that highway accident located around where the CT States are going to be held? Or is it further down south?

6. BJJ763

Exit 27 is closer to NY than RI. Luckily for those of us taking 95S. Those taking 95N should luck out if they can get that section fixed. Course those people going home may have a detour.

7. LifeVirus7

LifeVirus7 New Member

i'm happy i can make it to the states. not sure how well i'll do though. and my brother is chickening out this time. he says he isn't coming because he "knows" he won't win

8. Its not the way there,its TIME! I am home for 4 days and my family wants me to go to cooperstown with me on sunday so i am going there. Thats why i am not able to head out to Rhode Island. I always wanted tio visit the smallest state in the US but maybe some other time in my life :cool:

9. BJJ763

Bah! RI > Cooperstown. Trust me.

10. I just wonder how many will be in each age group. According to what ive heard therer was a NICE showing last time for the city chasmpionships :D

11. |PoKeY|

|PoKeY| New Member

i would be going, but i cant due to football and then legion baseball,

ill be at the new hampshires, tho, on my homefield
    :)

12. Too bad you cant make it. Gonna be a alot of fun saturday.

13. I wonder of TJ'S will do a booster draft this weeknd for all who didnet make top spots in the state tournmant. I remember he did it once when the city champiionships were there and the 2nd time he was too tired tio do it so i wonder if he will do it this time?? :)

14. Flare Starfire

Flare Starfire New Member

Any rough ideas how long this will go? Or if there will be a mini tournament afterwards or something like that? 'Cause my ride situation is suddenly up in the air....haven't heard from him since early this week, and now have to make back up plans.

15. babayaga

babayaga New Member

On the off-chance that there's something magical in the phrase, Beth whistles innocently and says...

I don't know if I'll make it to Milford on Saturday. Thanks to o-uchi gari, I have a sprained toe.

Beth awaits good mojo...

16. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

We are not sure what time the main tournament will run to as this will depend on how many people register, how many rounds we have in order to break out the top 8, and how long that tournament runs.

We do plan on having a second tournament (Modified, since everyone will have their decks) when we break out the top 8.

17. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

Dear Miss "I don't know if I can make it to Milford,"

Sending good mojo your way so you will be able to make the trip!

See you and your gang Saturday, I hope.

18. BJJ763

After that remark i'm bringin' ya a fesh toomy sammich.....

19. Ohh no how will the queen defend her thrown. BabyGaga i wish you all the best in your recovery and i do hope you make it tomorrow. It will be a great day for pokemon. Good luck in making it and for all who do attend later today:

Good Luck and May the Best Pokemon Trainer Win! :D

20. Monkey

Monkey <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

ARGH! I just overslept, and when I woke up around 10:00. It takes about an hour and 15 minutes to get down there, and I figured I would arrive there too late. Oh well, I can't wait till I hear the results of who won and what deck they played.