Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Machamp BASE SET

Machamp Freak

I was just goofing around on trollandtoad.com and I bumped into Machamp from Base set. The site stated that an 1st Edition Machamp was like a dollar (probably because you could have gotten it in the 2-Player starter deck), but a perfectly mint non-1st edition Machamp was 100 dollars. I was like "suspicious WOW" face. I googled Charizard from Base set and the same condition Charizard was 20 dollars. I figure 100 bucks is a lot, but how much does this kind of Machamp actually cost?

Last edited:
1st ed Machamps are really common because they came in the starter deck. I don't think the starter deck is worth much (I have one sealed if they are).

I don't even know where the non-1st ed Champs come from.

No.

There were no Machamps at all in the booster packs. The only non 1st edition Machamps are also non-holo and have "Trainer Deck A" on the back in red writing.

They come from the Trainer Deck A which was given out in some leagues to demonstrate the game. I have no idea what the card would be worth individually, although I have heard values of a sealed deck being around $500.

The starter deck ones are worth about a dollar if they are shadowed. If they are shadowless, they are worth a bit more. All of these have the 1st edition stamp.

Then you should, if you are 100% sure they are genuine, Base set, holo, non 1st edition Machamps,

I still doubt their existence until we get proper evidence.

Yes, if they are everything I mentioned above (genuine, Base set, holo, non 1st edition Machamps) in English.

Then you should, if you are 100% sure they are genuine, Base set, holo, non 1st edition Machamps,

I still doubt their existence until we get proper evidence.

What's the difference in prices between the sealed one Shadowed vs the opened one shadowed? I've seen a ton of them open, but occasionally find them sealed.

I thought I had one for a Minute but no, first edition :(

The only way you would have a Base Machamp without the 1st Edition symbol would be if it were non holo and have a red border and

Trainer Deck
A

on the back. Or if it were Japanese.

Back