Madison and Nashville, TN BR How I almost won

Discussion in 'Battle Roads' started by Dr. Mason, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

I went to the BRs in Madsion and Nashville today and yesterday. First day is too awful to even mention, but here's how day 2 went down in Nashville.

Blue Thunder vs. Charizard delta/nidoqueen delta

Not much of a challenege. I brought out Raichu, powered up my Crawdaunt ex uber fast and went in for some quick, solid Kos. Not much to talk about here.

1-0

Blue Thunder vs. Carlos D: With some sort of Magnezone Gyrados deal

Apparently most of his uber cards are prized. I have some difficulty getting up at first but Crawdaunt comes with a definite beat down and I win, I'm not sure if he took a prize but if he did it was only one. Actually got to use splash back here!

2-0

Blue Thunder vs. Meganium/ Snorlax d/ Parasect/ Dragonite EX d

An old fellow league member from years and years back. Worried at first, but I got crawdaunt out failry fast and powered up. Dragonite EX d scared me for a sec.

3-0

Blue Thunder vs. Empo-cario

Has small trouble grabbing a Empoleon. Crawdaunt rushes up fast and takes care of business.

4-0

Top cut

Blue Thunder vs. Carlos, again

UGH. I hate Magnezone so much. Hopefully now that I have Rayquaza EX d for my deck and I've edited some key trainers, I should be able to overcome situations like this. All those metal special and buffer pieces really made the kos hard, and I coulnt draw any of my boost to win with like my first game.

Second game was worse, getting out Raichu took FOREVER, but hbasically the same scenario, had trouble gettin my windstorm to get rid of the buffers too.

I wanted that Victory Medal really badly, but oh well. I did something more important by proving my roguish deck can really win. But since if it's liked enough it'd leak anyway, message me for a list. I promise, it's really solid.

Big props to Carlos for being such an outstanding player, and for being really empathetic and helpful to me.

Also thanks to Clay and Damarian for allowing me to borrow some castaway and Cessation Crystal, since I am too poor to afford them.

2. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 New Member

Who won those brs you attended?

3. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

Carlos for the Nasville one. I didn't pay attention to who won in the other divisions.

4. Flareon

Flareon New Member

Good job making the cut, Chance. See you this weekend?

Hit me up on aim.

5. louist200

louist200 New Member

benny won 11-14 and kyle won 10-

6. superman123

superman123 New Member

Do You Know what they were playing

7. Prof Clay

Prof Clay New Member

What kind of reply is that Louis200? Thats the kind of thing we talked about this weekend!!

Decks that were played!!

In the Juniors---Kricketune- Kyle M rolls on at 12-0

Seniors- Smattering of infernacatty, Empoleon/lucario (which won both days) rampardos, nidoqueen, Blisseyvire

Masters--Carlos won with what is obviously the best deck in the format 2 days in a row...

Magnezone/Gyrados!!!!!!:thumb:

there was some other stuff too like Blissey

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  8. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

I've made a conscious decision to tech against it. It's the real deal.