3 warp point
2 night maintenence
4 rare candy
2 windstorm
2 stevens

energy:17
15 fire
2 scramble

get a pachirisu out and start calling for family. get out a baltoy cyndaquil 1 magmar. try to get to typhlosion as quick as possible to be able to recycle discarded energy back to the bench. Also claydol is a great way to keep your hand fresh. use magmortar for flame blast and the occasional fireball bazooka if needed and use flame bluster with magmortar lv.x. energy discarded is immediately recycled to magmortar or typhlosion on the bench. the main part of this deck is to try to swarm magmortar. typhlosion is only for firestarter but can be helpful against a water deck.:fire::fire:

One other thing.......... any one have any good techs that they want to suggest???? I'm all ears :thumb:

Last edited:
take out:
1-0-1 typhlosion
4 fire
1 warp point
1 rare candy
2 stevans

add in:
3 DRE
2 pachi
2 castaway
2 premier ball
1 felicity's

These lines are pretty similar to my deck (and of course most Mag decks). I have been extremely successful with my build below:

Pokemon (18):
Magmortar Lv. X x1
Magmortar (SW) x3
Magmar (MT) x4
Typhlosion (MT) x2
Quilava (MT) x3
Cyndaquil (MT) x3
Claydol (GE) x1
Baltoy (GE) x1

Trainers (24):
Rare Candy x3
Quick Ball x4
Premier Ball x2
Night Maintenance x2
Switch x3
Roseanne's Research x3
Bebe's Search x4
Team Galactic's Mars x3

Energy (18):
Double Rainbow Energy x4
Fire Energy x14

I prefer Bebe's Search over Celios since I use Claydol. It gets rid of 3 cards in your hand (Bebe's Search being played, 1 card to the bottom of the deck for the search, and the card you choose will hopefully be played right away), so you can draw more with Claydol. Also, Celio's will be rotated out this year, so I am getting used to running decks without it. DRE is not as important so when if/when it gets rotated out, it won't hurt this deck too much anyway. Also note, I do NOT use Pachirisu. Not because i do not like him, but because I use him in my Infernacatty and my fiance is borrowing the rest of them for her deck (listed below).

My fiance runs a similar deck, but doesn't use Typhlosion. She uses Blaziken line instead. She only has lost to me in our local tournaments and when we play for fun, she and I are equal in stats in mirror matches. Her deck is:

Pokemon (20):
Magmortar Lv. X x1
Magmortar (SW) x3
Magmar (MT) x4
Blaziken (GE) x2
Blaziken (PK) x1
Torchic (GE) x4
Claydol (GE) x1
Baltoy (GE) x1
Pachirisu (GE) x3

Trainers (22):
Rare Candy x3
Quick Ball x4
Premier Ball x2
Night Maintenance x2
Roseanne's Research x3
Bebe's Search x4
Team Galactic's Mars x4

Energy (18):
Double Rainbow Energy x4
Fire Energy x14

She is planning on switching to Typhlosions from Blazikens soon since Blaziken PK (Firestarter) will probably be rotated out

We had about 8 people at our last tournament and 5 were Magmortar builds and all were a little different. You see ours above and there were 2 more Magphlosions (1 using Delcatty but no Claydol and 1 using Claydol and Pachis) and 1 deck even ran Houndoom and Darkrai. Pretty original.

Anyway, I agree with the previous reply to add Premier Balls and to take out a Typhlosion and a few more of the other changes. 3 Typhlosion is too many when he is not your main attacker.

Good luck.

Z

Last edited:
Another name for the deck is fire truk. try blaziken with mag. If you don't, take out a fire and add in a TSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back