Maggron does well at Mesquite, TX Battle Road

Discussion in 'Battle Roads' started by Professor Sycamore, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Professor Sycamore

Professor Sycamore New Member

Saturday was my first premier event with a deck i did not borrow. And out of my twisted mind came a deck called Maggron. (Magnezone/Aggron MT)

Round 1
    Maggron vs T-Tar/Ryperior
    He wasn't drawing energy and i was hitting big early
    1-0

Round 2
    Maggron vs Torterra/Blissey
    Magnezone was once again overpowering my opponent. It didn't help that one of her Torterras was in her prizes.
    2-0

Round 3
    Magrron vs Empoleon
    Bad start. I had a good comeback starting, until Battle fontier showed and i didn't draw my Windstorm
    2-1

Round 4
    Maggron vs Lucario/Rampardos
    My Spaecial Metal Protected me to hurt his sniping and also magnezone was overpowering again Aggron wa also getting in the mix
    3-1

Round 5
    Maggron vs Hunchkrow/Nidoking DF
    i almost got a quick win. His Hunchkrow (only pokemon)had 70 lefti had Magneton with basic metal and DRE on it. He used Dark Wing Flaps which does 40 beacause of his DRE and my opponent selects a cards out my hand randomly to go back to the deck and he selects Magnezone out of four cards and that prolonged the battle. i maintain control throughout the game and i eventually won.

time for top 4

Semi
    Maggron vs Empoleon Again (it was the same player i lost to in Swiss)
    Game 1
    he got Battle Frontier out early and couldn't do anything and he surprised me with a randon Inernape
    Game 2
    He got his power/bodies stoppers but Aggron and Magnezone were overpowering the game
    Game 3
    A back and forth match. I eventually got threw all his empoleons and squeaked the victory

Finals
    Maggron vs Infernape (Dang!)
    Game 1
    chimcar + Rare candy +Inferape + DRE + strength charm = One smoked Magnezone!!!
    Game 2
    Another long Battle but couldn't overcome the disadvantage.

Props:
    DJ for advice and borrowing the cards
    getting 2nd at Battle Road

Flops
    running into Inferape in finals
    long bus ride and mess up train schedule.
    Too many Bears Fans, GO COWBOYS!!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. Flareon

Flareon New Member

Props for playing Aggron! I've been trying to make a deck for him since MT came out. Good job :)

3. KazamBolt

KazamBolt Active Member

GJ. Do you tech 1-2 Aggron ex CG? It stops Chingling and Castform early game and is a pretty hard hitter.

4. Professor Sycamore

no acutally the line is
    4-2-4 magnezone
    2-1-2 Aggron MT
    3-2-1 catty/cattyEX
    2 mawile cg

5. How did the mawile work out, did they do anything for you in your games?

6. Professor Sycamore

yeah! they really sped up the deck. I was able to get what i needed at the time.(candy, celio, mentor, windstrom) I would have 3 if had room.