Magic Hands

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Prime, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

2 Mr. Mime
    1 Mime Jr.
    2 Mismagius DP
    2 Misdreavus DP
    4 Blissey
    4 Chancey
    2 Happiny
    2 Chingling
    1 Chimecho
    TOTAL: 20 (14 Basics, 6 Evolutions)

4 Boost Energy
    8 Psychic Energy
    4 Holon Energy WP
    TOTAL: 16

3 Holon Mentor
    4 Celio's Network
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Prof. Rowan
    2 Steven's Advice
    4 Windstorm
    4 Super Scoop Up
    2 Night Maintenance
    TOTAL: 24

The main attacker is Blissey, but Mr. Mime helps stall and Mismagius is a great followup after Mr. Mime to hit for big damage. Chingling can help setup, but if not, Chimecho is a decent early attacker confusing the opponent's basics. Mismagius seems like a good card in mirror, and can cover Blissey's weakness. Everything is either a stage 1 or a basic, and 2/3 of the basics in the deck can evolve from other basics, so it makes it easy for Mentor to grab the entire line. Because the pokemon can all use psychic energy, the deck can easily abuse Holon Energy WP and give any pokemon free retreat.

2. Shmagoolski

Shmagoolski New Member

I believe the way that Mismagius' first attack (Avenge) works is that if you have 1 Mr Mime with damage on it, you're only putting one damage counter on the Defending Pokemon.

3. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

He's using Mr. Mime as the active, forcing the opponent to have 3+ energy cards attached in order to damage Mime. Then he is using Mismagius' second attack once Mime is gone in order to do 30 + 20 per energy attached to the defending pokemon. In theory Mismagius should be doing 90+ damage once that happens.

Just MHO Prime, but I think that you are trying to do a bit too much with this deck. Mime, Magius, & Chingling are all useful but do you really need the quantities of all three to go with Blissey?

4. Prime

Probably not. You probably don't even need the chingling or chimecho since I know many people prefer to start with Chancey/Happiny for a T2 hit. I would like to increase the mime count, but I don't want him getting in the way. The reason I went with Blissey was because I couldn't find anything else better to run with it. Dusknoir pretty much needs Nidoqueen MT to work well imho, Gengar isn't that good, Crobat is decent but not what I am looking for, and Alakazam doesn't do enough damage. Mismagius isn't going to be doing big damage all the time, so the deck needed a pokemon that could consistently do good damage. And one that didn't require that many resources to get out and keep going. Blissey fit the bill. It was easy to get out, could recycle energy, could use it's poke-power to help set the deck up a little, and could do good consistent damage with boosts. You could even stall with a mime until you have a blissey powered up. Also all the psychic help Blissey's fighting weakness a little.

But yeah, the original idea was mime with magius's second attack. I think they both have a lot of synergy.

5. Shmagoolski

Shmagoolski New Member

Oops.. sorry for the misunderstanding

Looking at that again, I really like the way Mr Mine and Mismagius work together, good combo.

It seems Infernape would cause big troubles without blissey...

6. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

I dunno if I'm just not seeing the full potential, but how does Blissey do enough damage to justify it as the main attacker? I mean, it does 10 for 1 Colorless and gets Energy from the discard onto it to do more, but that's still a lot of Energy you'd have to have on it to do any decent amount of damage?

7. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

I've tested Mismagius, and I don't like it. It's only 50-50 vs Mario, which is weak. Now, with Mr Mime, it's an interesting situation because you force the opponent to power up before they can hit, and then you punish them for doing so. This, of course, does not stop sniping from Empoleon, Lucario, et al, nor Warp Point and Cessation from getting around the strategy.

That said, I agree with Regis Neo: what is the purpose of Blissey except to acknowledge that Mismagius is a weak line? If anything, I think Toxicroak is the better play. It's quicker and does more.

8. Shmagoolski

Shmagoolski New Member

I might argue that it would be okay to play Alakazam with Mr Mime / Mismagius.
    BECAUSE...

Mr Mime/Mismagius work against decks like kricketune and infernape, forcing them to add an extra energy than they normally would to attack. It also makes a revenge using Mario very hard to pull off..

Alakazam can be used against set up decks, seeing as they're generally power dependent, and use Stage 2s as their main attacker... and while Alakazam doesn't do huge amounts of damage, it keeps them from doing large amounts as well, and the power can keep them from pulling off what their necessary powers (flygon's delta supply and stuff)

9. Prime

Maybe Gengar DP might work in this deck. With a good amount of WP's on Mr. Mime, you could hit for 40, and bounce back for Mr. Mime, requiring that the opponent lay 3 energy cards or not do damage to Mime. Then you free retreat Mime to send up Misdreavus when they do get 3 energy cards (if Mime isn't KO'd).

Alakazam is good against a few cards like, Meganium d, Crobat MT, Eeveelutions (Would have loved this last format), Swampert ex CG, and a few other cards. Cards that can only use their poke-powers once or cards that poke-powers end their turn since when you use Alakazam's power, the opponent's poke-power still counts as being used. Just with no side effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.