Magkiss @ nats

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by TORCHWOOD, May 31, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TORCHWOOD

TORCHWOOD New Member

Hey y'all!!

Just wondering what you all think about playing Magkiss next weekend at nats seeing the new water decks like empoleon and glaceon. Is it a good idea or am I going to get rinsed by them???

2. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

hopefully rinsed! (not that I'm showing any family bias at all ! :biggrin: )

3. TORCHWOOD

TORCHWOOD New Member

lol...no but seriosly...

4. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

mags tough really, if you want to play mag do some other energy acceleration, because with so much power lock you can end up not getting what you need, there is still gardy

plus the empoleon matchup is pretty much like saying to a mag player "remember that great feeling pwning a banette deck?" "well now you're banette"

and glaceon is your worst nightmare because it's got the advantages of both gardy and empoleon

i don't think the chomp matchup is too pretty either, unless you flip heads

so in summation, i wouldn't play magkiss at nats, i'd play a different variation if you really like mag, it's an underdog though, to the point where if you don't play the right varient and the right techs you won't win much

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  5. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

In this format, it might be even worth teching in Holon FF or 3. And not to omit Scrambles.

1-0-1 Dusknoir helps against Empoleon...

It's still a good play, but it needs a lot more teching against new threats, so I don't know if you can get it consistent enough.