Magmortar/Typhlosion/Delcatty

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by GKOTM, Dec 23, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GKOTM

GKOTM Member

2 Luvdisc CG
    1 Corsola SW
    3 Magmar MT
    3 Magmortar SW
    1 Magmortar LVX
    3 Cyndaquil MT
    1 Quilava MT
    3 Typhlosion MT
    2 Skitty PK
    2 Delcatty PK
    Pokemon: 20

4 Rare Candy
    3 Roseanne's Research
    3 Celio's Network
    2 Windstorm
    4 Professor Oak's Visit
    1 Steven's Advice
    2 Copycat
    1 Team Galactic's Wager
    1 Strength Charm
    1 Night Maintenance
    2 Warp Point
    Trainers: 25

11 Fire
    2 Double Rainbow
    2 Scramble
    Energy: 15

Ideally you'd start with Luvdisc or Corsola and fill the bench, get the Delcatty and Energy Draw going, and use Typhlosion and your energy drops to get the Magmortars going. If that doesn't work then going aggro Magmortar or Typhlosion isn't too bad. Sometimes consistency has been an issue but when it gets set up it rolls over stuff. Two CCs are coming up this coming week so any ideas/fixes would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  2. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

Seems slow.
    I would prefer a 2-1-2 line of Typhlo and no starter so you can add in more trainers.

3. Go with two differnent Cyndaquil. This way if you have a Corsola start and you already have a Magmar for the bench you can get three basics. Skitty and the two Cyndaquil. Will that work?

4. GKOTM

GKOTM Member

It might but the two different energy costs might be an issue since I run no Multi/Psychic. It did cross my mind though until I saw the PC cost on Cyndaquil d and went with all MT Cyndaquils to be safe.

I'll try dropping the Typhlosion line down to 2-1-2 for a Celio's and something else but keeping the Luvdisc/Corsola and see how that works out.

Thanks... anyone else?

5. pokmeman

pokmeman New Member

I'd go with Professor Elm on this one. That frees up 5 slots, in which, you can add 2 more skitty and another delcatty. Add another Magmar as well, and then your choice of either another Strength Charm or another Celio's/bebe's.

Hope I helped.

6. zthunderz2

zthunderz2 New Member

since you are using corsola you should use the psychic cyndaquil
    you shouldn't use luvdisc either

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  7. fchangus2

fchangus2 New Member

for starters... 4 corsolas (no luvdisc) 2 cyndi d and 1 cyndi mt (don't worry about energy, they won't attack), no catty ex (why, there won't be any energies in your discard), max scrambles to 4

8. GKOTM

GKOTM Member

Edited with the list I'm currently testing. I'll also try out the Psychic Cyndaquil too this week.

9. stalkerex

stalkerex New Member

Ex is an ok tech, but i wouldnt prefer it.

10. EX is good for free retreat and can win games when time is called. But it can also lose games if time is not called due to giving up two prizes. Play it but be careful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.