Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

magmortizer : tempo V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i posted my deck a week ago, and ive been studying these forums and picked up some cards that might be helpful to this deck. i also noticed cards that everyone is using like absol and blissey both these cards i have so ill post the numbers i have so just feel free to make any changes, even major changes

pokemon - 17

1 - stantler
1 - holon castform
1 - minun

4 - electabuzz - SW
2 - electivire - SW
1 - electivire l.X

2 - magmar - MT
2 - magmar - SW
3 - magmortar - SW

Trainers (supporters) - 24
1 - bills maintenance
2 - scott
1 - proffessor birch
2 - team galactics mars
1 - professor oaks research
1 - mr.stones project
3 - bebes search
2- switch
2-celio network
1 - professor elms training method
1 - castaway
3 - roesannes research
1- night maintenance
2 - tv reporters
1 - holon mentor

energy - 19
10 - lightning
8 - fire
1 -double rainbow

i would like to also note i have plenty of absols (more than enough) , 2 weaviles, i have 1 blissey (unfortunatly i traded my other one for the electivire level X) , pokenav, windstorms, bebe searchs and roesannes research. i just added this note so u could make more changes to the deck

thanks for the help
respect

You should think about and write down the strategy for this deck. Number one, it is a rule in this forum, so if you don't have a strategy, the post will get locked and nobody can help you, and number two, it is not very apparent to me at glancing what the flow of this deck would be. Both Magmortar and Electivire want their own energy type to do maximum damage, so mixing energy might be unhealthy. I can see how it might be helpful to have another type of energy attached to Electivire to reduce the discard quantity, making him easier to power back up, but that also reduces the damage potential. I have flipped three tails on Electivire before; you need all the chances you can get, since he takes several turns to power back up and is very weak and difficult to move after discharging.

Number three, I think it is important for you to have a clear notion of how you are going to progress through the game; knowing who you want to start with, how you are going to attach energy and run Pokemon Powers, knowing your bad starts, etc are the most important part of this game, in my opinion. Having the right cards is only half the battle (probably less). A great player can roll over you with a "substandard" deck.

As for direct advice, I would focus on one energy type until you get better, especially wth these two Pokemon. Also, put multiples of trainers instead of onesies and twosies. If you have forgiving friends to play with, use a handful of blank proxy cards when you are getting strated with a deck; when you draw these, use them as a wildcard to figure out which trainers you need more of.

Also, don't limit yourself to the cards you have on hand. Again, if you have forgiving friends, use printouts and sleeves to get the cards you think you need from the Researching Tower, try them out, and buy them on ebay or trade for them if they work out.

Okay, let's work with the trainer line:

"Trainers (supporters) - 24
1 - bills maintenance
2 - scott
1 - proffessor birch
2 - team galactics mars
1 - professor oaks research
1 - mr.stones project
3 - bebes search
2- switch
2-celio network
1 - professor elms training method
1 - castaway
3 - roesannes research
1- night maintenance
2 - tv reporters
1 - holon mentor"

-1 Bill's Maintenance
-1 Mr.Stone's
-1 Holon Mentor
-3 Bebe's Search
-1 Birch
-1 Professor Elm's Training Method (PETM)
+2 Celio's Network
+4 Pokedex 910
+2 Prof. Oak's Visit
-1 Prof. Oak's Research
+1 Strength Charm

thanks guys, im new to this game and started about a month ago, and i haven't competed in a tournament yet, my first one is in 2 days so hopefully the experience there will help me.
you guys are telling me to stick with one type. but which one is more suitable.
the magmortar or the electivire.
and what are some cards i should put in?
thanks again

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

you think magmortar and blissey work well toghether? cause both recquire heavy energies for a lot of damage.
but i mean i could do nice dmg to the bench and toss in an arcaine. and when everythings nice and done send in blissey to take out the rest.
another plus is if magmortar dies there will be lots of energy for blissey.

one more question.
does blissey work more effectivly with a happiny. i mean his poke power obviously but like in terms of up tempo playing

Last edited:
magmortar and blissey work well together.

4-4 Blissey (BTW Happinny isn't good in here)
4-3-1 Magmortar

2 Scramble
2 Boost
12 Fire

4 Celio
3 Copycat
2 Stevens Advice
4 Tv Reporter
etc... good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back