Magnezone(Using Promo)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Hatter™, Jul 2, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

Pokemon: 22
    3 Magnemite SF
    2 Magneton SF
    1 Magnezone(get Pokemon)
    2 Magnezone (Promo)
    1 Magnezone x
    2 Heatran Pop 8
    1 Heatran x
    2 Baltoy GE
    2 Claydol GE
    1 Azelf LA
    1 Eletabuzz SW
    1 Electivire SW

Trainers: 24
    3 Feliticty's
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Premier Ball
    4 Bebe's
    2 Night M.
    2 Conductive Quarry
    4 Roseanne's
    3 Switch

Energy: 15
    6 Lightning
    4 Metal SP
    4 Metal Basic

Strategy: Use Your Vire to get energy back to Set up your Magnezone for 100 every turn.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  2. Ascension

Ascension New Member

Magnezone LA power lets you get a Electric or Metal and attach it to the active for the price of one damage counter. so 4 Magnezone (2 LA/1DP/Lv. x) imho

3. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

wow!! i didnt even know that was coming out lol!!! =D
    ill add that in

4. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

"
    My main problem: getting metal back, i do have patch."

Maybe add some energy restore, but this could need some more Supporter/Non-Supporter draw.

5. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

yeah... idk all the draw in the next set.... thats the problem lol...
    and whats this card called:

1 Idk what its called... but if your pokemon was ko'd you draw 8 instead of 4...

6. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Cynthia's Plan? That seems pretty good.

I don't like Palkia X that much, and if you took it out I'm sure you'd have a lot less trouble setting up.

7. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

i am not going to take it out.. but i guess i could make it 1/1 palkia x sets off the whole combo of the deck... bring up whatever 80 parylize!

8. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

Haha...Carlos will be most displeased. He was playing Magnezone before anyone else ;)

Looks good to me, but I cant be sure without trying it myself....maybe less premier ball? 3 is a bit much.

9. Banette EX

Banette EX New Member

Yea take out Palkia X,it just seems like a waste even tho the idea is good. I would have 1 DP and 2 Magnezone that does super connectivity.

Cythnias Plan is a must in the deck.

3-2-2-1-1 Magnezone LA/Magnezone DP/Magnezone X
    3-2-1-1 Electivire SW/Electivire DP/Electivire X
    2-2 Claydol GE
    1 Chatot
    3 Pachi
    2 Rotom MD

I mean vire dp wouldnt be bad since u dont need the elekid anymore to move nrgy,Zone X can do that.Rotom,recover base and woouldnt be bad. Just my suggestions.

10. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

ok look.... PALKIA = UBER COMBO!!!!!!!
    i did change it though.. so that its only 1 palkia now

11. kristi

kristi New Member

Hatter you HAVE to play at least 1 electavire DP. 120 out of nowhere. Sounds good to me.

12. G-Dog4377

G-Dog4377 New Member

Absolutely not! The free retreat from Magnezone DP is what sets this whole thing off. You can't use Palkia Lv.X effectively at all without it, because your Magnezone Lv.X has 4 retreat, and Electivires all have 3. If anything, this should be 2 DP, 1 LA, 1 Lv.X Magnezone.

Oh, and you folks are all referring to the Super Connectivity Magnezone as the LA one, but that is a more recent promo. There was an older promo one that was metal with 130 HP and 2 retreat. I believe that is the one that is coming out in this set, if there is a new non Lv.X Magnezone coming out in this set at all.

13. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

lol, the Super Connectivity Magnezone isn't even out in Japan yet.

I would go 2/2 on the Electivire SW and uhhh Put 1 Azelf LA in there =)

14. Banette EX

Banette EX New Member

Since the connectvitiy isnt the one coming out(thought it was) then play 2 Xs and 2 DPs.

15. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki New Member

Yeah no its not in LA. There's like 4 different Magnezone now, the LA one (if there is a regular LA one) will be the one that does 100 for LMCC which is also pretty good.

16. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Well with me being very skeptical about the Electivire's

-2-2 Electivire Line
    +4 in combonation of PokeRadar or Buck's Training

Buck Training:Allows you to draw 2 cards and does an extra 10 damage if played that turn
    PokeRadar:Look at top 5 cards of your deck, take all Pokemon there

and 1 Azelf LA would not be to bad in this deck

17. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

is that all the Magnezone does from LA,120???

radar could be nice........

what does azelf LA do?

18. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Azelf LA has a Poke-Power that says once during your turn you can look at your prize cards and take a pokemon card from there and then replace that prize with a card from you hand, and it's attack is :psychic: for 20 and they can't retreat.

really? i am pretty sure that we are getting a Magnezone that has Super Connectivity because i saw a translations for it at some point, i could be wrong though

19. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

ok so, I just lost with this, but I did get everything set up... i couldnt draw into a bebe/premier ball for like 5 turns lol... but by T4:Dol,Zone,Palk x, Vire out... i just couldnt get that way to get out Zone x..
    I lost 2-0 to a Lucario./EEvees deck(HP-On)... i did make a nice come back... stalling for a turn with 80 parylize is very nice!

20. ChaosKnuckles

ChaosKnuckles New Member

lol, you're having the same problem I am with the set up on this deck. You don't need that many Lightning energys. (I only play 4, and am never short) Increasing the Metal count to 11. I've drop 1-1 Claydol , 1-1 Electivire, and a Magnemite(Azelf LA FTW) to try to start with my selected starter(so far I think Pachi is the best). As most loses come from never getteing set up in the frst place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.