Mail TRUK

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by hitmonchan93, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitmonchan93

hitmonchan93 New Member

Pokemon(12)

4 Blissey
    4 Chansey
    2 Arcanine
    2 Growlithe

Energy(18)

8 Fire
    4 Holon FF
    4 Double Rainbow Energy
    2 Boost

Trainers (30)

4 TV Reporter
    4 Celio's Network
    4 Super Scoop Up
    3 Holon Mentor
    3 Windstorm
    3 Pluspower
    2 Castaway
    4 Professor Oak's Visit
    2 Time Space Distortion
    1 Strength Charm

Strategy:
    What you do is set up Blissey in the Active position and drop a Growlithe on the bench while you load Blissey with energy. Then to take out the big stuff you drop k9 and deliver the mail to the Defending Pokemon.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  2. moza

moza New Member

Why 2 growlithe?

3. hitmonchan93

hitmonchan93 New Member

^ Oh yeah..... Growlithe is not an ideal starter in this strategy obviously so I lowered it down to 2 so it has a less chance of being prized and less chance of starting with it. It's only needed to take out the beasts too.

4. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

Well, if you're going to play a 2-4 line, I think you might as well play a 2-2 line or play Time-Space distortion to instantly get back growlithe to have the next arcanine ready. 4 Arcanine leaves alot of dead cards in your hand that could of been used to up consistency. The reason why Houndoom was generally played as a 1-2 is beacause of the prize factor, but one in 2 Arcanine prized doesn't hurt because most likely you'll be getting it before you need it since this deck is built to score quick KO's

5. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Yes, do think about TSD. In my testing, it's very hard to get the growlithe or arcanine out at the right time when one piece of it is stuck in the discard.

6. hitmonchan93

hitmonchan93 New Member

I don't have TSD but I'll try to get some. The reason for 4 Arcanine though is to have them in hand so I don't have to bother searching for them and instead only worry about Growlithe. But I'll try that.

7. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

- 2 arcanine
    +1 TSD (dreams of having TSD!)
    and another draw card, more draw = more consistancy.

with the TSD you could drop a Night Maintenance and that frees another slot: Warp Point maybe?

I'm never very good at the fine details of energy balance so I'd probably start with 3-3 on the boost-DRE, DRE does nothing for blissey.

8. hitmonchan93

hitmonchan93 New Member

I know DRE doesn't help Blissey but it's like gas to the fire for Arcanine and his power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.