Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Major Blissy Counter

L00p_H01eS

claydol ex PK.. the same ex that was not even considered as an ex b4....
can it be a major counter to blissy??

http://pokegym.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=20436

its power turns him to fighting....

1) first one does 20 + 10 more for each energy blissy has....s

2) 60 and you may discard an energy card attached to claydol then the defending
pokemon has to discard an energy card

NEW COUNTER???

Last edited:
I've honestly been thinking about sticking a 1-1 Claydol ex in my decks that use Lake Boundary just for giggles. Because it does do some pretty decent damage to Blissey if you time it up right.

It's actually scary. XD

The problem is that half of the Blissey decks out there play Cessation Crystal. The good news is that the power only fails if one is currently in play. It is also good against Mario.

It actually sounds like a viable option.

Really nice card.
Make a T2 deck out of it.
With 4 Lugia and 4-4 Claydol ex
Lugia has great synergy w/ Claydol.
They either take 120 from Lugia or Claydol keeps on discarding an energy.
ER2 helps also.

I find it hilarious that people look at this card for the Blissey Counter when there IS one that's not weak to Psychic, there IS one that spreads damage (albeit, at an earlier evolution, but it still can), and there IS one that is not EX but still has 120 HP with 1 retreat cost.

Claydol would be a decent Blissey Counter, if it wasn't EX (so you could attach DREs and the like), if it had good (or even decent) basics, and the second attack did 10 more damage. Of course, since this is not the case, it's not the best Blissey Counter. Beyond the already established need for Lake Boundary, why be reliant on making your opponent have 5 energy on Blissey for the first attack OHKO or pulling a Pluspower/Strength Charm for the second attack OHKO, when there's a pokemon that OHKOs Blissey without the extra stuff...?

There are much better counters to Blissey, and all of them aren't ex's. The least of which have been mentioned, Flygon SW and Mismagius.

Meh, anything that is a fighting type, can do 70+ damage, and have Lake Boundary out can be called a Blissey counter. Heck, even the new Donphan SW could be one.

Orrrr we can actually notice that Blissey players are able to counter and prepare for all of these "countoers" because we post them EVERYWHERE. I do actually like the claydol idea. Good counter to a lot of fighting pokemon too!

hectagonman said:
Orrrr we can actually notice that Blissey players are able to counter and prepare for all of these "countoers" because we post them EVERYWHERE.
*shrug* Wanna tell me what a Blissey will do to counter a Donphan? There's not a whole lot it can do, as Donphan only needs a DRE to annoy the little egg thing.

Yes, most Fighting Types can be labeled Blissey Counters. So can most things with Colorless resistance (though really only Sableye CG is actually good at countering blisseys... ._."). The question's more which one's hardest for Blissey to fight against.

*shrug* Wanna tell me what a Blissey will do to counter a Donphan? There's not a whole lot it can do, as Donphan only needs a DRE to annoy the little egg thing.

Yes, most Fighting Types can be labeled Blissey Counters. So can most things with Colorless resistance (though really only Sableye CG is actually good at countering blisseys... ._."). The question's more which one's hardest for Blissey to fight against.

Donphan maims every Blissey varient I've tested against... which isn't to say I've tested against every one, but it certainly is the majority. I have to build a Blissey/Weavile and see how it does against that (one of the bigger pains since Weavile has free retreat). Sadly, the elephant dude has trouble with stage 2 decks, but I'm working on patching that one up, too. :thumb:

Honestly its one of those things that works good on paper. I played it, and yeah it WOULD be a good counter but theres a lot of flaws to. It takes 3 whole turns to power up. Cess crystal shuts you down. You need lake boundary. Low HP for an EX. He's a 2 prize KO for a pokemon that only deserves 1. Try it if you want. I wish you the best of luck.

Back