Make A Gengar!!!!

Discussion in 'Create-A-Card' started by Fawkes0126, Sep 2, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

My favorite of all the Psychic pokemon has always been Gengar. Please make your own here, too!

Gengar
    90 HP
    Weakness: none
    Resistance: none
    Retreat Cost: (C)(C)(C)

Pokemon Power: Delete
    As much as you want during your turn, you may move damage counters from one of your opponent's pokemon to another. If that pokemon is knocked out, draw two cards from your deck (still draw a prize card).

(P)(P)(P) Shadow 40
    Flip two coins. If both are heads, the defending pokemon is now paralyzed and poisoned.

You can also rate this card.

BTW, I will be looking at your cards and putting my two cents in, for what it's worth.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  2. dkates

dkates New Member

Underpowered. Gengar may not have much pure attack power, but they're always stronger than this!

3. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

Whoops. I tried too hard not to make it overpowered, I guess. :) Any better now?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  4. dkates

dkates New Member

Better, but lower the cost for the first one by (P) and the second one by (C). BTW, don't Gengars usually have Pokemon Powers?

5. Carrington388

Carrington388 New Member

Rocket's Gengar
    70 HP {G}
    Stage 2 Pokémon (Evolves from Rocket's Haunter)

{G}{P} Poison Hypnosis The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep and Poisoned. 10
    {G}{G}{G} Toxic Gas This attack does 20 damage to each Defending Pokémon. Each Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: {P}
    Resistance: {F}
    Retreat Cost: {C}

6. dkates

dkates New Member

As usual, Carrington, unusual, but it sure looks like fun to play! Well, I guess it's my turn.

Gengar
    (P)
    90 HP
    Weakness: (D)
    Resistance: (F)
    Retreat Cost: (C)

Poke-Power: Redirect
    If your opponent's Pokemon attacks Gengar, flip 2 coins. (Before applying any effects of the attack.) If both are heads, choose one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. Do all damage from that attack to that Pokemon instead of Gengar. All other effects of attacks still happen to Gengar. This Poke-Power stops working if your opponent has no Benched Pokemon or Gengar is already affected by a Special Condition when your opponent attacks.

(P)(P)(P) Ghostly Hold 30
    Flip a coin. If heads, until the end of your opponent's next turn, the Defending Pokemon can't retreat and ignore any effect that would cause Gengar or the Defending Pokemon to be moved to the Bench. (All other effects of attacks, Trainers, Poke-Bodies and Poke-Powers still happen.)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  7. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

Is my card better now?

Carrington388: I only don't understand why Rocket's Gengar is Grass type. Is it just creativity? :) Other than my confusion about type, I really like it!

dkates: I love it (duh) ;)

8. dkates

dkates New Member

Interesting, but that Power seems a little overpowered. An "evil" version of damage swap that not only permits, but rewards Knock Outs? Here's an idea for the Power, though (you'll notice I took it pretty directly from part of yours):

Poke-Power: Delete
    Whenever one of your opponent's Pokemon is Knocked Out, draw 2 cards in addition to taking a Prize. Apply only one Delete for each Knock Out. If the Knocked Out Pokemon is an ex Pokemon, draw 3 cards instead of 2.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  9. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

O.K. Got it.

10. Carrington388

Carrington388 New Member

It's a simple matter of GB types. In the game, Gengar is Ghost/Poison. Ghost in the TCG is {P}, while Poison in the TCG is {G}. So far, only the former has been used for the Gengar line. I figured that I'd make Rocket's Gengar {G} in that instance.

11. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

Oh, okay. I've got it now. :)

12. ShadowOfTyranitar

ShadowOfTyranitar New Member

my Gengar

Gengar-80 HP-Dark(Remeber, this isn't the Gameboy Game)-stage 2-
    PokePower-Shadow Control-All attacks performed by (F) pokemon in play do 30 less damage. This power cannot be used while Gengar is affected by a special condition.
    Attacks-(P)Nightmare Ball-20-The defending pokemon is now confused.
    (P)(P)(C)Dimension Slice-Place 2 damge counters on all of your opponents pokemon.
    Weakness-
    Resisance-(P)
    Retreat-(C)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2003
  13. dkates

dkates New Member

A single (P) for 20 and guaranteed Confusion seems a little overpowered (but not broken). BTW, was the misspelling on "Dimension" (I wrote it as it's usually spelled) intentional?

14. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

I agree on what dkates says, but I do otherwise like the card. Very good! :)

15. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

Gengar 90 HP Holo-Rare Stage 2 Pokemon
    Evoles from Haunter. Put Gengar on the Basic Pokemon.

(P) (P) Mean Look as long as Gengar remains your active Pokemon the defending Pokemon can't retreat.

(P) (P) (P) (C) Super Psy Wave The defending Pokemon is now asleep. 50

Weakness:Dark
    Resistance:Fighting-30
    Retreat:(C) (C) (C)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  16. dkates

dkates New Member

Nice! That looks like a fun Gengar to play!

17. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

I think Gengar needs a Poke-Body. I do like the card, however.

18. Dek

Dek New Member

I got a good one...

Gengar ex
    Psychic
    140 HP

(P)(P) Hypnotic Beam- Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Asleep. 20

(P)(P)(P)(C) Dream Eater- The Defending Pokemon must be Asleep, or this attack does nothing. 60

Weakness- (P)(D)
    Resistance- (F) -30
    Retreat- (C)(C)

Ok, most of you are going :confused: about the weaknesses. Well, I decided to do something like Carrington did and make it GB releated. Since Gengar is half poison, it would make sense for a poison type to be weak to psychic types.

19. dkates

dkates New Member

Other than the HP, this guy's weak for an ex.

20. ShadowOfTyranitar

ShadowOfTyranitar New Member

Another Gengar

Morty's Gengar-100 HP-Psychic-Stage 2-Attacks-
    (P)Evil Grin-You may switch the defending pokemon with one of your opponents benched pokemon. Place a terror counter on the defending pokemon. Place 1 damage counter at the beggining of every turn that a terror counter exsists on a pokemon. Each pokemon may only have 1 terror counter on it at a time.
    (P)(P)(P)Spirit Switch-You may place 4 damage counter on Morty's Gengar. Then flip a coin. If heads, remove all damage counters from Morty's Gengar and place them on the defending pokemon. You cannot use this attack during your next turn.