Mario v2

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by arcane, Oct 1, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcane

arcane New Member

Pokemon (19)
    4 Electrike
    4 Manectric
    3 Doduo
    3 Dodrio
    2-1-2 Omaster PK

Trainers (26):
    3 holon mentor
    3 steven's advice
    3 cessation crystals
    2 buffer pieces
    2 Lake Boundary
    3 celio's network
    2 rare candies
    2 Team galactica's bet
    1 scott
    2 castaways
    3 quick balls

Energies (15):
    4 scramble
    11 lightening

obviously, it's mario from MA-nectric and dod-RIO, but i mostly need help with the trainer line i figure (any help is welcomed though!)

Strat:
    basically snipe at the bench with manectric early game and dodrio a little later when their evolutions are set. The scramble works beatifully with manectric and dodrio. Lake boudary, scott are there in case they have crystal beach. I added the castaway and buffer so the 80 hp of both could survive at least one fire monkey blast among other attacks. Of course Omastar is there for taking all those evolutions down and gaining easy ko. Also, both manectric and dodrio have free retreat, and work with each other with weaknesses (dodrio's resistance to fighting) so that's always a plus.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  2. Blassari

Blassari New Member

What about Boost, for QUICK 30 to 3 Evolved?

But I like thaT!

3. arcane

arcane New Member

cause boost won't work with manectric so it kinda has a limited use...

4. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

Not bad at all. I'll test and see.

5. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

You need to max out on Castaways! You are very reliant on tools, so four castaway would be a good choice.

BTW, this isn't Mario at all... Mario stands for Machamp + Lucario. You have some similar trainers, but by no means does it make this "Mario v2"

6. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I feel like the fact that you're playing scott with Manectric ought to be a hint that Empoleon and Feraligatr REALLY don't like Lake Boundary.

Unless you don't see any of those in your area, it'd seem like a decent idea to tech it in (at least for Empoleon, since Aqua Shower + Aqua Jet = dead everything in your deck)

7. arcane

arcane New Member

KingGengar- Thanks!

Mew*- Yea castaways maxed might be good, but then again i'm also aiming to get those scrambles too. But what do you suggest to take out? maybe 1 team galactica's and 1 quick ball?

Oh I said mario from MA-ectric and dod-RIO, it's not supposed to be the fighting deck mario with machamp and lucario...

Rai- Well I see more infernape than empoleon around here and basically no gaters, so i think i'll stick with BF for now at least, BUT then again, actually, now that i think about it... with lake boundary i can scramble an omaster to KO infernape, which is actually A LOT better, thanks!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.