Mario Wins Again

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by Jaeger, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Jaeger

Jaeger New Member

So after bombing 2 battle roads with an Empoleon Varient, I was defenitly looking for a win here. After the release of Secret Wonders I believed cards like Oak's Visit and Roseanne's Research came Mario something it really needed, consistency. Go in I expected it would mainly be local players with maybe a few Minnisodia players considering Emanuel won both of our Cities with Kingdra Ex, which after some extensive playtesting I felt I would have a favorable matchup as for the rest of the field I expected mainly Mario which I thought I playtested the mirror match more than anyone else and at the expense of sounding cocky I felt as if I had the best list. So me, my bro and my mom all played almost identical Mario lists

So I get their at there is 13 people with 5 rounds of swiss

Round 1 Peter Lucario/Gallade

He get the Turn 2 Lucario and although I stay in this game untill the end, this just one of those games where he has all the answers I play Lucario LV X he is holding Warp Point, I play Wager he wins it and then finishes it with a Switch/Warp Point combo. Even though I hated losing he's a great guy so good luck man.

0-1

If you hate Riolu skip to round 4

Round 2 Darren with Gyrados/Weavile

1-1

Turn 1 Rilou vs Magacarp GG

my moms 2-0 and so is my bro

Round 3 TheDuck
    Riolu PP+PP vs Apion GG

2-1

Round 4 Magmortar/Archanine
    He gets the Turn 2 Magmorar and kills a Riolu and bring up Machamp and Revenge he level ups and Burns me attachs Double Rainbow and hits me for 90 I flip redicuolsy well on burn flips I think I get 4 heads followed by 2 tails anyways I dynamic punch for a ko and between some well played cess crystal and a lack of draw power on his part I pulled ahead and hung on for a win.

3-1

So I make it in at 4th seed

Top 4 vs. James with Blissey/Eggicuator/Raichu

Game 1

Turn 2 Machamp Double Rainbow and I quickly take game 1

Game 2

Turn 3 Machamp, this one is a bit closer put weakness played a huge part

Finals vs. Peter Lucario/Glade

Game 1
    He gets turn 2 Lucario again but sees one celios the entire game vs. my everything

Game 2
    He starts with riolu whiffs I go Machop Low Kick his turn fighting, plays Oaks Research and gets a basic and whiffs again I Castway Strenth/PP KO and its down hill for him from there in the end I KO a Gallade with Lucario LV X

2. GinoLombardi21

GinoLombardi21 New Member

Congrats on the win but ewww on the deck choice.:cool:

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

You were a daredevil when you invested two Plus Powers on Wild Kick! Good job winning!

4. Jaeger

Jaeger New Member

Gino I can't say I'm a huge fan of Mario but it was the play that day

Mew yea but it was a bad match up and my hand was less than stellar so I decided to take a 50/50 chance at game vs playing it out.

5. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

Congraz on the win!

MARIO WINS AGAIN!!!!1!!!

6. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

helk ya mario rox!!

congrats on the win dude

7. ChicoBlanco

ChicoBlanco New Member

dude 2 TURN 1 WINS?? lol... nice. :pokeball:
    btw Good Job on beating Galade in finals Jay.
    tough matchup for Mario.

i dunno Gino, Mario's not as horrible as people say it is.
    I'm not saying its the top deck out there, but it does have strength.
    I mean everyone's like: "Machamps soo horrible, you have to rely purely on luck to win" but thats not true. Revenge is easily the better out of the two attacks, and is probably one of the best (if not best, efficient) attacks in the game.
    & Dynamic Punch (although flippy) isn't horrid.
    (and I am a pessimist about flipping)
    plus Chop and Choke make good understages

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  8. Jaeger

Jaeger New Member

Actually it was just Gallade it was like Mario but Gallade instead of Machamp no Gardevior.

9. ChicoBlanco

ChicoBlanco New Member

gotcha. k yea ive never tried that match...
    but still congrats on the bling bling

10. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

the bubble rap it comes in is better :mad: