Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Maryland State Championship May 2, Rockville, MD

RainbowRichards

Okay, since the TO doesn't hang out here, here is the info from www.dreamwizards.com (where you can find more info - tel #, maps, directions, etc.):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nintendo's Pokemon State Championship

Sunday, May 2, 2004

Registration - (For all Age Groups): 10:30 to 11AM, Play begins at 11AM.

Players who are 10 or younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Open to all players, regardless of which state they live in!!!

Entry Fee: $10, includes a new State Championship Promo card!

Format: Modified Constructed. You will need to bring a deck that is constructed ahead of time. The deck should include 60 cards that are Legal in the modified format. When constructing your deck you may use cards from: Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, Ruby & Sapphire, Sandstorm, Dragon, and Team Magma vs. Team Aqua. In addition, all Nintendo-issued promo cards are legal (001 & up).

Prizes: Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in all of the following age categories: 10 or younger, 11-14, 15 and up. 1st Place receives an incredible set of prizes - the State Champion Award, one Display Box of Pokemon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua, a Two-round bye at the National Championships (a bye means you don't play the round and are awarded a win in those rounds), and a Stage One VIP Package containing cool Pokemon Merchandise (this package will be awarded when the winner registers at the National Championship event at the Origins Game Convention). 2nd Place receives 18 Booster Packs of Pokemon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua. 3rd and 4th Place receive 9 Booster Packs of Pokemon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua. 5th through 8th Place receive 4 Booster Packs of Pokemon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I expect Sensei` will again HJ - I am on the fence whether to judge or play (but I'll still have the laptop with working printer there for ya' Mike!) - it would be really cool to pick up a VIP package at Nationals (definitely going to Nationals! :D).

Last edited:
Yep,I`ll definately be HJ`ing.If you choose to play,then by all means play.I will say that If you can still be judge,I`ll definately need your help.I`m modifying how we run a few things to make it an even better and more professional event for all.I`ll be e-mailing you the details by this weekend. :)

`Sensei

I'll definitely be available to work [shameless plug]the Virginia State Championship on the 25th of April in Stafford, VA [/shameless plug], though! (link to come)

Adv1sor said:
I would like a chance to play against you again Brian.
Maybe we could start a new age bracket? :)

Not this link?

YES - that link! Thanks!

BTW, I thought we were already hoorary members of the old fart club (IIRC that was the name PokePop and NoPoke gave it :))

Except - no trips for that age group :(

Last edited:
Hey everyone,Laurel will not be in until late due to a big Magic Event in Baltimore so she handed the reins over to me. We will be opening the doors approx 10:15 so we can get the event started as soon as possible!

See everyone there!!

`Sensei

Whew,what a day! Congrats to Sean G (our own CrossFormatKid),Matthew L , and Bradley R (RainbowRichards son) for winning the 15+,11-14, & 10- divisions respectively. Hopefully we`ll get a Tourney report from Sean and Brian(RR) and anyone else as well!A HUGE thanx to Dave R and Mike P (the Va. State Champ) for their awesome help and judging.You guys were great! Oh,and congrats to Alan E and Kim V for taking 1st and 2nd respectively in the side event to both win an entire box of TM vs. TA!

I`ll post all info within the next day or two but the turnout info I posted in the attendance thread is below.Thank you all for coming and hope you had a great time and I`ll see everyone at my Stafford,Va. Gym Challenge in two weeks on Saturday May 15th!

`Sensei

Maryland had 52 total entrants:

10- = 8
11-14 = 22
15+ = 22

We also had a single elim side event started during the playoffs with 28 entrants.

Last edited:
Cory(Mr_Fuji) will be posting a report, but i dont remember enough to do a report :-[. Oh well, the trophy's hot and the box had a blaziken ex <3

Thanks again for another GREAT tournament

OK everyone,here`s the results.Thanks to everyone for being great sports and sharing the day with us!The event ran smooth and I was prepared for the "glitches" this time ;). Congrats to the first place winners Bradley,Matthew, and Sean.You guys did a great job!

We ran two main events(15+ and 10-,11-14) and one single elim side event.The judges Dave and Mike did an awesome job!I forgot my camera but good thing Brian brought his so I took some pics.I`ll post them later when I upload them to my events pics

Anyways,the results are below.Enjoy!

`Sensei

-----------------

Overall Attendance

52 Players

10- : 8
11-14 : 22
15+ : 22

Top 4 Decks

10-

1) BAR
2) Team Magma Deck
3) Swampert/Gardy
4) Swampert

11-14

1) RAMBO
2) Sceptyle
3) RAMBO variant
4) BEX

15+

1) BAR
2) BAR
3) BAR
4) Ampharos/Raikou EX

Overall Results 15+

1st) Sean G
2nd) Ed H
3rd) Cory R
4th) Neven K
5th) Brian R
6th) Luke R
7th) Jonathan A
8th) Javier S
9th) Terry M
10th) Emily K
11th) James M
12th) Kim V
13th) Randy M
14th) Russell S
15th) Chris B
16th) Joe F
17th) Kevin W
18th) Timothy F
19th) Mahir M
20th) Missy C
21st & 22nd)(Dropped) Jeff V and Laura K

Overall Results 11-14

1st) Matthew L
2nd) Alex E
3rd) Billy R
4th) Mike R
5th) David A
6th) Steven F
7th) Melody A
8th) Alan E
9th) Jeremy G
10th) Alex S
11th) Minuet K
12th) Brian H
13th) Emerson K
14th) Erika L
15th) Pablo G
16th) Devin S
17th) Angela W
18th) Chase H
19th) Justin M
20th) Michael R
21st) Anik C
22nd)(Dropped) Ben V

Overall Results 10-

1st) Bradley R
2nd) Arron S
3rd) Patrick R
4th) Zoran K
5th) Jeffrey M
6th) Benjamin R
7th) Sabrina E
8th) Rebecca C

Overall Results 10- & 11-14 Event

1st) Matthew L
2nd) Alex E
3rd) Billy R
4th) Bradley R
5th) Mike R
6th) David A
7th) Steven F
8th) Arron S
9th) Patrick R
10th) Melody A
11th) Alan E
12th) Jeremy G
13th) Alex S
14th) Minuet K
15th) Brian H
16th) Zoran K
17th) Emerson K
18th) Jeffrey M
19th) Erika L
20th) Benjamin R
21st) Pablo G
22nd) Devin S
23rd) Angela W
24th) Chase H
25th) Justin M
26th) Michael R
27th) Anik C
28th) Sabrina E
29th) Rebecca C
30th)(Dropped) Ben V

Props

• Dream Wizards/Laurel and staff for letting us a have a place to play and being great people!
• All the participants for being great sports!
• Dave,Mike and Wendy for doing an outstanding job judging and/or helping and helping to make the event run great despite the minor software glitches! You guys were awesome and did a superb job! I couldn`t have done it without you! :)
• PUI for throwing the Pizza party!

Slops

• The software! :)

Last edited:
Ack,forgot the pics...I`ll get to them by Monday at the latest as I have some obligations this weekend and don`t have the time until then.

Yes,there will be League tomorrow.As I have the aforementioned obligations all weekend,I won`t make it.Dave may be there or if not,Travis will make sure things are going right and everyone gets the papers and points and whatnot.:)

`Sensei

Sensei said:
Ack,forgot the pics...I`ll get to them by Monday at the latest as I have some obligations this weekend and don`t have the time until then.
`Sensei

so ahh whatever happen to monday ;)

Ack...Getting there...have a dozen things to do at once...I`m currently updating the East Stadium post.I`ll get to the pics shortly.I have them on there,just not viewable.I have to edit and name them and then I`ll let everyone know when they are up.:)

`Sensei

Back