Maryland States March 20th

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by Aardvarkvcg, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Aardvarkvcg

Aardvarkvcg New Member

Maryland States is set!

Date March 20th

Location Games Comics and Stuff in Glen Burnie
    7476 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd

Ed, Matthew and the rest of the crew of Games Comics and Stuff welcome us back for the third year in a row.

Registration 9:00am until 10:30

Stay tuned for more details to follows..

Check out www.somdpokemon.com

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

2. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

Last year, when we had 5 rounds with top 16, was that due to a time issue on the store's available time, or just normal tournament organizational procedure?

3. ShadowCard

ShadowCard New Member

You mean swiss-1?

I can't find swiss-1 in the Tournament Operation Procedures . Maybe flights replaced it as the method for maintaining a large event?

4. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

*Marks calendar.*

5. Bellythief

Bellythief New Member

I'm in. ;)

Bringing my kyrogue deck.

(ahahahahah...)

6. Shadowwiidragon

Shadowwiidragon New Member

I'm so going, can't wait.

7. ninetales1234

ninetales1234 <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

:nonono:Can't make it to MD States this year, I regret to say; Make sure you folks have twice as much fun for me while I'm gone! I'll be cheering from afar. :thumb: I'll see you all at Virginia on the 13th.

We've got some great staff this year (as always:biggrin:). Someone take photos! Last year we had 127 players. Can we break 127? Join us on facebook.

Yep, it's been great.

A lot of talk went into that. The software allowed it and this was no deviation from protocol as we recognized it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  8. pokemonforever

pokemonforever New Member

Say wha??!! :eek:

9. Bellythief

Bellythief New Member

I assume you'll be there, Kevin?
    I need a familiar face or two. :lol:

10. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Awesome! WE GET STATES! I was seriously worried that MD might not get one this year. Really glad to see that it's back in GB. It's such a great location.

11. totoro

totoro Active Member

..... because it's practically in DP's backyard!!!

12. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Actually, it's not so much the distance from my house, as I like the venue. It's considerably nicer than some other locations which shall remain nameless.

Err... there's a chance that I might not be able to make this. I might have something else that's college related on the same day. I'll have to double check. :(

13. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

I know it wasn't against protocol, but was the decision to make it 5 rounds because the store?

14. the cheating bidoof

the cheating bidoof New Member

yea i can make this one...=)

15. Aardvarkvcg

Aardvarkvcg New Member

No Games Comics and Stuff is happy to have us as long as we need. They have never complained about staying late. It was however due to time and even with the way we did it I think we did not get done until after 11:00pm.

Looking forward to another great year!

16. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

Alright, sounds good.

17. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Ugh, the toll road is my mortal enemy. Nevertheless, I will be there. Everybody within range of this post bring some Double Colorless Energy for poor Spencer! =)

18. wyrmlord

wyrmlord New Member

I'M IN!!! MY MOM WILL FINALLY TAKE ME!!!!! (because i can't drive myself...)

19. Aardvarkvcg

Aardvarkvcg New Member

Japanese Cards

I have had some emails about using Japanese Cards in your decks. The use of foreign language cards is limited to 6 in a deck. Remember to bring your official Card Dex translation if you are using any foreign language cards.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Glen Burnie Saturday!

20. totoro

totoro Active Member

To piggyback on Mike's post, all rules regarding foreign cards and older cards requiring outside reprints will be enforced. IIRC, we had a few of these "reprint" issues at VA States. Quite a few older cards that have been reprinted DO require a more recent reference.
    "Know Before You Go!!"