Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Maybe next time (FL states)

ryanvergel

I got about 1 hour of sleep (so did Alex/Randall) before the tournament, and decided to play Gardy. I finished my list minutes before the registration closed. It's hard to build decks for 5-6 people =*(

Round 1-Dawn/GG
I get a torterrible start and she ends up taking 5 prizes to my 1/2 and then when time is less than 10 minutes I mount a comeback and take all of my remaining prizes with some nice maneuvers and bring downs.

1-0

Round 2- Don't remember...

2-0

Round 3- Richard
My best start of the tournament and my opponent gets bad draw =\ I was hoping for a real game. Oh well. I feel Richard's pain, as my two later losses were of similar lameness.

3-0

Round 4- Alex/Mirror
I have a bad start to his good start, and lose of course.

3-1

I forget how the next 3 rounds went, but my only loss was getting t2'd by some scrub with Banette.

Top 8- Robert/Banette
I get HORRIBLE starts to my autoloss which consisted of: not seeing a Gardy SW, not seeing a celio's, not seeing a warp point, not seeing a wager, and missing energy drops like it was nobody's business.
His deck works like it's supposed to and he dominates me.

All in all I think I made the correct deck choice and played very well for my games, but ran into some atrocious luck. My only losses in swiss were from getting t2'd and from getting a pachirisu no energy draw/pass start for 3 turns. Unavoidable stuff, really.

Hopefully if I go to Georgia I will have more legit games.

Props:
Team R for dominating. All of us went positive, and 4 of us were in the top 8.
Florida for being so legit. What other state can really boast the kind of talented playerbase? Even our pokeparents are insanely skilled. John S, Hubbs, Curry, Roll, now Gabe, people I fear playing just as much as people my own age.
Florida for having such high numbers and being such an isolated area.

Slops:
Anthony
My starts
Omar

Last edited by a moderator:
Gj on your performence, Ryan.

Hope youll do better at GA States.

I assume GA states will be more legitmate? As you will get...Anthoy, Richard, Chris, Bianchi, Omar, Alex, Bobby, John, Stephen, Gabe, etc?

Better luck this weekend Ryan. I also had bad luck this past weekend, so I know what it's like. Great job on providing lists for other people. You have my utmost respect. When am I going to see you guys again? : ( : (

Don't worry Omar, your not the only one whose friends made you cry because of being in Slops.
My friend Sam got his name in slops by THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
So yeah. it is not much of a big deal tho.

hey gj man, not many people on these boards could have done as well as you did in such an intense tourney,

you should have used that deck i sent you, or at least messaged me back, it autowins banette, and has obviously good mathups vs mag and gallade, it only got 1 t4 position,but that's out of the like 5 people i told about it, from what i hear togekiss beats it but it didn't look like togekiss would have stood much a chance against gardy lock in florida,

Back