Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MD Infernape image

SD PokeMom

Mod Supervisor
Staff member
displayimage.php

the official Pokémon website of Norway has just uploaded a picture of Infernape above

'mom

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! Finnaly! the other Infernape! Can inflict a possible 120 for 3 fire! And 1st attack hits the bench! :D Yes!

Mega Bravo doesn't have a damage cap?! Yessss!!!! You could OHKO a Wailord with that! You could OHKO anything with that! *plans something with Energy Restore* And a bench sniper? 30 damage + 10 to the Bench? Looks like that's the end of D/P Infernape!

Great card.
I need some Typhlosions quick, because this card scream combo with that card. DRE = 70. Not quite as good as DP 'Ape, but still great. Scramble = 120. Better than DP 'Ape.
More HP than DP 'Ape and a bit of a bench sniping attack (30 and 10 benched damage for C is great, and better than DP 'Ape, who needs flips) is just great.
However, the thing that interests me most is the card number. 22/100. So it's non-holo, and the Empoleon and Torterra are probably going to be the same aren't they? I wonder what others will be non-holo as well.
I can't wait for more scans.

Disagree

Mega Bravo doesn't have a damage cap?! Yessss!!!! You could OHKO a Wailord with that! You could OHKO anything with that! *plans something with Energy Restore* And a bench sniper? 30 damage + 10 to the Bench? Looks like that's the end of D/P Infernape!
I slightly disagree. Blissey's Happy Chance doesn't have a cap and allows you to search you're discard pile for a basic energy and attach it to the card. Plus, Manectric's Lighting twister is another one without a damage cap. The downside to this Infernape is that when the attack is used, you have to discard the :fire: energys attached to it... Therefore, I would rather prefer to use other cards instead of this...

We just may be seeing the rise BACK into popularity. Weakness is a problem though.... *plays down gyarados/anything water with a LB*

According to the spoiler I remember, this is exactly what was printed in Japanese. It won't get an errata unless it violates the Japanese text in some way.

I think that this single card has confirmed at least two things about this set.

1. The Japanese Movie packs (or whatever they were called) will be in this set.

2. All three of the Starters will be regular Rares, not Holos.

3. There will be, at most, 20 Holos, and I'd put that number closer to the 13-15 range.

Can somebody put together a prospective list given this new information?

Back