Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MediCario: I wanna see some fist-pumpin'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco Falconi

4 Riolu DP
2 Lucario DP
1 Lucario POP6
1 Lucario Lv. X MT
3 Meditite DP
2 Medicham DP
4 Sentret SW
3 Furret SW
3 Smeargle SW

4 Professor Oak's Visit (don't need TVR in here....)
2 Team Galactic's Mars (a little disruption never hurt anyone...sans the opponent)
4 Celio's Network
2 Roseanne's Research (as I have no Mentors yet...besides, searching a basic and an energy is better when I don't need three basics.)
3 Crystal Beach
2 Scott
2 Castaway
3 Cessation Crystal
2 Professor Rowan
2 Night Maintenance

15 :fighting: (I like Beaching you and saying no to your Scrambles and DREs)

Strategy is pretty much identical to that of my InFurret and FurMortar decks: Smeargle for Color Pick x2/Trace, Furret to set up Lucario and Medicham lines, Lucario gets in there first (I won't drop the X onto it until I reeealy have to) and Medicham will clean up anything Lucario can't quite get rid of.

Last edited:
Hm, well, it certainly is interesting, isn't it? Problem is: Medicham dies early. Plus, it only has 90 HP. I guess it could work...

Do you really need 4 CBs? No. Cut that down to 2. I don't like Smeargle being in here either, nor do I like Prof.Rowan. Cut back on the TGMs. Add in whatever you like.

I only have the mass CB to 1) make sure I get one early, and 2) make sure I have one ready for when they Windstorm it away.

Smeargle gets me my NRG quick. Plus, I know Trace is a chance, but late game, that Trace can copy some heavy-hitting attacks on the bench (Gallade's Sonic Blade, anyone?)

Rowan gives me a nice hand refresh when I'm low on cards. He's perfect at 2.

Why cut draw power? +2 to you, -1 to them is still good, and should be abused.

I do appreciate you taking a look and offering suggestions for it, though. it's a lot more than I can say for alll the others who view and don't throw their $0.02 in.

Yes, but you have 3 Scotts.You'll probally have some dead CBs in your hand. They Windstorm you? Fine. Just use Scott to get another. Take out some (F) Energies and put in some Scrambles and DREs. Why? Because then you can attack faster even if you don't have CB in play.

Smeargle does get you 3 NRG, but I think you'll want to start with Senret.

Rowan leaves you with 5 cards. Why use this instead of Prof.Birch? Or TGW if you want a new hand?

I made a trial change for now.

Thing with Windstorm is that people run Windstorm in fours and will Scott-Away to make sure they always have two ready, hence my initial reason for four CBs.

That said, I ALWAYS want a CB out, so I don't see myself dropping 8 :fighting: for Scrambles and DREs just yet.

Very intersting deck...does this deck do well against blissey (probably) gardilade (not sure) monarchy with psy king in it (again not so sure about 50-50 really) i dunno seems like an intersting deck to me..

I never said run 4 of each DRE and Scramble. I'd put in about 2/3 in there.

I do think it's an interesting deck. I've seen it before. Cool deck!

I made a trial change for now.

Thing with Windstorm is that people run Windstorm in fours and will Scott-Away to make sure they always have two ready, hence my initial reason for four CBs.

That said, I ALWAYS want a CB out, so I don't see myself dropping 8 :fighting: for Scrambles and DREs just yet.

Most decks I've seen with windstorm only run 2 or 3 because Cessation crystal isn't to popular... (I know I usualy ony run 2...)

Anyway, nice deck, you may want to use a Cessation crystal or two yourself due to lack of powers in your deck. (Just make sure not to play it on a Lucario that you want to level up and you'll be fine.) :biggrin:

You may also want to trade some of your draw supporters (Gardylade is gunna love that.) for some things like quick ball, great ball, and pokedex for some extra draw even when you use a supporter. :thumb:

I'll definitely add three Crystals to this build, as I want to shut Gardilade's Power Supporter abuse down.

Quick Ball and Great Ball and next-to-pointless because I'll be using Furret T2 to gather up Pokemon.

Meditite can handle himself for a turn. (Detect)

The Riolu situation, I can understand. I'll try to fit 2 or 3 Dusk Balls in there (I have them, but no quick balls.)

Meditite may get tails, and then Meditite might be in trouble. Besides, 1 turn may be all your opponent needs, with Banette/Blissey/other T2 decks running around.

i made a T2 medicham deck a long time ago (4 dre, 4 pokedex, 4 pokenav, 4 quick ball, and i didn't play it expecting to shock people with it, i waited too long and now it's completely unplayable,

i don't think this is very playable, it's easily within one hit target range, magmorter only needs to spread a couple times to the bench to be able to knock them out with little energy when they are active, that's if you had that amount of pressure on them, theres no reason fire truk would ever be in the position to not be able to one hit your pokemon when their fresh though

I played this deck too, but I had Unown E, Absol ex, and Tauros (CG), they were my mentor basics. Medicham can do pretty decently against Murkrow though. But against higher hitting pokemon it maybe harder to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back