Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mega-w00p!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

merman

Mega-w00p :thumb:
One of my recent creations.
This is a deck that can have a full set up in less than 3 turns reducing 50 damage per turn. I have only been able to play it twice this season but I think it has potential. It earned me 2nd place at one of the battle roads I attended and I might be playing it in cities.

POKEMON
4 Chikorita (1 delta 3 MT)
3 Bayleef (1 Delta 2 MT)
4 Meganium d
3 Wooper d
3 Quagsire d
1 Ledyba d
1 Ledian d
2 Castform
TOTAL:21

Trainers

4 Celio’s Network
3 Roseannes Research
3 Rare Candy
2 Scott
3 Lake Boundary
2 Windstorm
4 Buffer Piece
3 Castaway
2 Team Galactic Wager
Total 26

Energy
4 Rainbow d
5 Fighting
2 DRE
2 Scramble

Strategy:
1) Set up Meg t2/t3
2) Delta Reduct + Buffer to reduce 50 damage
3) l00p buffers with Quag
4) Repeat

The POKEMON
Chikorita- the mt one is superior to the d one just because of the 10 extra hp and the energyless attack. Also not having double weakness is great. However I keep one chikorita d just incase I need to delta draw with castform.

Bayleef- the mt one has an amazing first attack which has saved me many times during matches. Allows me to search for that meganium or any evolution that I can’t seem to get. One delta bayleef in list just incase I need to delta draw.

Meganium d- So much to say about this guy I will go step by step going through its attributes.
1) POKEPOWER. Lets me set up quags or other meganiums in seconds. Ideally search first for another meganium and then quags. Late game use meganiums power to search for the ledyba for that quicksearch you may need for that one crucial card you need.
2) ATTACKS Its first attack is what you use most. 40 damage and reduce 30 for 2 energy. BE CAREFUL THOUGH – if your opponent switches active pokemon the effect goes away. What I love about delta reduction though is that it stops bench damage as well. (ie. Lucario’s aura sphere will do 10 do meganium and 0 to bench) Once your opponents pokemon is in range of being koed by megaimpact attack for 60. Delta reduction wont have any effect if you ko a pokemon. Delta Reduction + Buffer = -50 damage. Meganiums 110 hp makes it a tank against most pokemon.
3) RESISTANCE -30 for water pokemon. In my experience its very hard to loose a matchup against a water deck. Empoleon wont be able to hit your bench either due to delta reduction. Hurricane has to shuffle almost half of their energies just to OHKO one meganium. If you set up first Meganium will be reducing a steady 80 damage each turn.
4) ENERGY TYPE: Meganium is a fighting pokemon making it have many advantages over the current medigame. Blissey and Electrivire naming two of the many pokemon with weakness to fighting. Lake boundary turns Meganiiums delta reduction to 80 damage for two energy during matches like those. Matchups agains Infernape can prove to be challenging though but you can tech against those.
5) HP- 110 for stage one is not amazing but very playable. It’s the delta reduction/buffer pieces that will make this number seem even bigger in matchups.

Wooper d- Amnesia is great; you can use it to stop krickets from calling for family, or blissey from attacking. The only downside is the low hp and the double weakness. If you don’t like playing with 40 hp pokemon you can always switch to the new MT one which has 20 extra hp but lamer attacks.

Quagsire d- First of all each time you play a meganium you can search for the wooper and quag + one other pokemon. This makes finding quags nothing to worry about. Its power is what allows you to loop 2 buffer pieces back into your hand. If you play all your quags you will be able to play a buffer piece for 12 turns. (if none are prized) Looping buffers + delta reduction makes it extremely hard to ko meganiums. Its attack isn’t so bad either. You can dre quag or power one up for 60 or 70 damge with a bonus of reducing 20 damage thanks to the buffer.

Ladyba d/Ledian d- This 1-1 tech has proven to be extremely useful in matchups when im looking for that one card that could turn the game around. Whether it be a buffer, scramble, or stadium this card lets me search for anything. Basically if you choose to search for ledian from meganiums power your getting a free quick search. Its also nice because it has free retreat and starting with a t2 ledian allows you to 1) quick search for any card 2) attack for 30 and potentially draw 3 cards if you have a buffer attached.

Castform- Searchable energy from meganiums power or you can use it to start and deltadraw careful against Lucario matchups ;D

TECHS- there are several techs that I have tried and others which I have not. If you have tested some which I have not please let me know so I can add them. Whats great about putting techs in this deck though is that they are so easy to bring out thanks to meganiums pokepower.

Venasaur SW- a 1-0-1 line in this deck can be nice for its easily pulled out of your deck thanks to meganium. What I like about this card is that it can add damage to meganiums delta reduction. 40 damage a turn can be slow to ko pokemon but if you land a heads you can poison or burn making meganium go through pokemon faster.

Exeggutor d- I actually did play this card in my list during one battleroad. It won me my match in top 4 and helped me in the top 2. Its delta circle is EASILY powered up with meganiums power and its 2nd attack can snipe the pokemon that have retreated to get rid of the delta reduction effect. Very playable in the deck.

Blastoise d- a 1-0-1 line is a must if you are playing in an area where fire monkey and magmortar are popular. Although delta reduction reduces BEFORE applying weakness it wont help much against the double weakness.

Burmy/Wormadon Sandy cloak SW- if a meganium goes down and you need a heavy hitter you can send out burmy attach an extra energy from discard and hit for 70+ damage depending on how many energy’s were previously on burmy.

Vaporeon *- remove 3 damage + special conditions. Searchable through meganium.

So let me know what you guys think of it and if you have comments and suggestions please post !!
-Pablo

Last edited:
I played the same deck last year with sitrus berry, It's really fun.
Your list looks nice, good luck with it

I love the idea behind this deck, and might use it for citys.

What was your record at Rockville?
Ah that was my first time playing it. First i lost to your brother with the free retreat dodrio getting rid of delta reduction and i lost to a blissey deck playing holon FF. 3-2 for that day.
How can you play x6 Wooper d?
Typo- changed. Its supposed to be quasire d as flariados said :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back