Megachomp deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by PkmnManiac, Sep 27, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

This is a deck that generally deals w/big damage.

Pokemon Set

4-2-4 Meganium DF
    3-4-4 Garchomp MT
    3-3 Rhyhorn DP

Total Pokemon=26

Trainers

3x Claw Fossil PK
    1x Great Ball PK
    1x Energy Switch PK
    1x Poke Ball DP
    1x Prof. Elm’s TM DF
    2x Potion DP
    1x Energy Rec. Sys. PK
    1x Energy Restore DP
    1x Mr. Stone’s Project HP

Total Trainers=12

Energy

10x Fighting
    3x Grass
    2x Water

Total Energy=15

Seeing how Meganium and Rhydon can last a long time, I can build up for Garchomp.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  2. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

22 Energy is way too much! Cut it to 15 or a few lower than that! Your trainer lines are all over the place, which would be very inconsistent. Don't play Professor Elm's Training Method, use Celio's Network. Don't play those Energy restoration cards, they're a waste of space considering their effectiveness. Rhydon-Rhyhorn aren't as good a Blissey at being a wall to stall early game. I noticed that you don't even play Rare Candy, you need them so badly it isn't even funny, play 4. They will boost your speed and make it easier to get your stage 2s out! You need some draw trainers/supporters like Steven's Advice, TV Reporter, or Copycat! They would really help a lot. This is a trend that I've been seeing recently for reasons beyond my understanding, playing 3-x-4 stage 2 lines. (x is a variable) Why do people do this? You need Holon Mentor.

3. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

I do have one Rare Candy and a Celio's Network or two. I also have those other Trainers. I only have one Holon Mentor.

If I cut back on Energy, will I have to increase my Trainers?

Also, the Meganium line, those are the only 2 Bayleef I have, but if I need two more, lete me know.

4. Absolution

Absolution New Member

What's the logic behind Claw Fossil? Your opponent gets prizes for those now.

5. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

I remember something about discarding them at will.

6. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Yes, that can be done.

Energy: Yes, you will want some type of draw like TV Reporter, Bill's Maintenance, or Steven's Advice to help you draw into them. You could play a mix of them if you don't have 4 of a single one.

Bayleef: If you play 4 Rare Candy, you wont need to add any more since the Candies will help you get them out.

Supporters
    : Despite being one of the best cards out there right now, you should have no problem getting Holon Menors. They were printed in two sets making them easy to get. Rare Candies aren't so bad anymore to find either. Celio's should be getting easier to get now that people think that BeBe is so great.

7. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

So, how many Energy and Supporters/Trainers do you count? As far as I know, I wasn't that good w/math.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Can someone please finish where Mew* left off? I don't know how many cards I have now.

8. Skarmbliss

Skarmbliss New Member

You have 1 or 2 meganium MT and you can also throw in ariados MT as a tech for its body.

9. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

I've actually been told that I should have Chomp, Delcatty, and I do have 2 Meganium MT.

How about that? If these do work, I'm gonna need a new list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.