Megenium D Atk Delta Reduction

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by tglilly, Nov 3, 2007.

1. tglilly

tglilly New Member

This may be kind of silly but I was wondering if Megenium uses Delta Reduction:(During your opponent's next trun, any damage done by attacks from the Defending Pokemon is reduced by 30 before applying weakness/ Resistance) on a flygonD and that flygongD uses swift would the swift damage be reduced since delta reduction reduces effect is on the defending pokmon and not on Meganium... (correct me if I am wrong) Swift says (This attack is not affected by weakness, Resistance, Poke-Powers,Poke-Bodies, or any other effects ON THE DEFENDING Pokemon) Thanks...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  2. mtjimmer

mtjimmer Master Trainer, Emeritus

From the Compendium:

== DELTA REDUCTION (Deoxys - EX:Holon Phantoms; Meganium - EX:Dragon Frontiers)

* The correct wording for the "Delta Reduction" attack should be, "During your opponent's next turn, any damage done by attacks from the Defending Pokémon is reduced by 30 (before applying Weakness and Resistance)." This means that the effect of Delta Reduction resides on the Defending Pokémon, not on the one performing the attack. (Jan 18, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can a Pokémon that was attacked with Meganium's "Delta Reduction" use "Feint Attack" to do full damage to Meganium?
    A. Feint Attack ignores effects on the Defending Pokémon, but the Delta Reduction effect is on the Pokémon that was attacked by Delta Reduction. Therefore, Feint Attack's damage will be reduced. (Apr 5, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Swift's damage would be reduced.