Merry Christmas!!!

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by SwampertEX, Dec 24, 2003.

1. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Merry Christmas from all the Pokemon Players in the eastern time zone! May all your Christmas Wishes come true!

-Swampert

2. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An Angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. 12 This will be a sign unto you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavely host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest,

and on earth peace to men on whom the favor rests.”

Luke 2:8-14 (NIV)

3. The true point of the holiday. Good show mysterioustrainer.

4. Team Rocket Elite

Team Rocket Elite New Member

Merry Christmas everybody!

5. jdb728

jdb728 New Member

Yes, Merry Christmas to all, and thanks myst. for not being afraid to quote the Bible(even though I'm partial to King James, oh well, kudoes to you anyway).

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Merry BAH HUMBUG everyone

j/k

Merry Christmas all

I think it is funny all the pagans who celebrate CRISTmas. There just in it for the presents obviously, but it is still a relegious holiday no matter which way you slice it.

7. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

*Tries desperately not to transform into Inform-O-Dunjohn, but the pressure is just... too... nngreat...*

Christmas Day isn't actually Jesus' birthday, it's just the day that Christians remember His birth. The actual date was chosen as a covert way of spreading Christianity; December 25th is a major date in the pagan calender, too. The Solstice was just a couple of days ago. By putting their most important date on top of it, the early Christians aimed to subvert pagan tradition by stealth. Truth is, no-one knows Jesus' exact birthdate.

*Reverts back into a quivering, anguished figure coiled on the floor in a fetal position*

Ehrr, have a good one!

8. Raichu

Raichu New Member

Merry..... late Christmas... anyway, I'm proud of MysteriousTrainer. "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."