Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

mewtwo and mew

Arceus597

Just thought of a little idea:

Mew-Baisc:psychic:-60 hp

PokePower: Clone
Once during your turn, you may put Mewtwo onto Mew (this counts as evolving Mew), and search your deck for a trainer card with Genetics Upgrade in its name and attach it to this Pokemon. You may not use Clone more than once on your turn

Attack(no cost): Morph
Search the modified format for a pokemon, and show it to your opponent. Choose one of its attacks, and copy it (mew must still have the necessary energy attached). Perform that attack. If Mew is evolved, this attack does nothing.

Attack:psychic:: Clone Power!-20+
This attack does 20 damage plus 20 more damage for each Mew and Mewtwo under Mew.

Weakness::psychic:x2
Resistance::colorless:-20
Retreat:

Mewtwo-Basic:psychic:-90hp

PokePower: Original Form
Once during your turn, you may put Mew onto Mewtwo (this counts as evolving Mewtwo), and search your deck for a trainer card with Genetics Upgrade in its name and attach it to this Pokemon. You may not use Original Form more than once in your turn.

Attack:psychic:: Clone Power!-20+
This attack does 20 damage plus 20 more damage for each Mew and Mewtwo under Mewtwo.

Attack:psychic::psychic::colorless::Final Blast 200
If the defending Pokemon is knocked out, take 2 prize cards. Mewtwo is now knocked out. This attack does nothing is Mewtwo is evolved.

Weakness::psychic:x2
Resistance::colorless:-20
Retreat::colorless::colorless:

Trainer-Genetics Upgrade 65 Health Boost
Attach this card to a Mew or Mewtwo. While attached, that Pokemon has 10 more HP.

Trainer-Genetics Upgrade 78 Quick
Attach this card to a Mew or Mewtwo. While attached, that Pokemon pays :colorless: less to retreat

Trainer-Genetics Upgrade 101 Guard
Attach this card to a Mew or Mewtwo. While attached, prevent all efects of an attack, excluding damage, done to that Pokemon.

Trainer-Genetics Upgrade 134 Metal Coat
Attach this card to a Mew or Mewtwo. While attached, that Pokemon takes 10 reduced damage from attacks.

Trainer-Genetics Upgrade 9999999 OVERLOAD! (this is a secret rare:thumb:) (1 per case)
Attach this card to a Mew or Mewtwo. While attached, that Pokemon has no weakness, 10 more hp and does 10 more damage. Only 1 may be attached at a time.

What do you think? Broken? Underpowered?

Last edited:
I really like the concept, but after using a Mew/Mewtwo's Poke-Power, would I be allowed to use the Poke-Power of the new Mew/Mewtwo I just played ontop of the previous Mew/Mewtwo? Or are they a Poke-Power you can't use more than once per turn if you had multiples of that Pokemon?

If it's the former then it might be broken because of how easy it can be to obtain Basic Pokemon (Dual Ball, Great Ball, Pokemon Collector etc.). Just by using 3 Mew/Mewtwo for the Poke-Power, Clone Power already does 90 damage. And while it might be difficult to get 7 Mew/Mewtwo under a Mew/Mewtwo, that would be a damage output of 210 (Although possible within 2 turns by using Pokemon Collector each turn and a Great Ball, providing you're lucky enough that none of your Mew or Mewtwo are prized).

Also you might need to nerf the Genetics Upgrade cards because again of how easy it is to obtain Basic Pokemon. If I have 4 Mew/Mewtwo under Mew/Mewtwo, with the Genetics Upgrade cards I could already get it powered up with these effects:

1) Prevent all effects of attacks (Excluding damage), done to Mew/Mewtwo.
2) Reduce all damage done to Mew/Mewtwo by 60.

Then maybe on the next turn add on another Metal Coat and 2 Health Boost cards and I could have a Mewtwo with 130 HP, takes 80 less damage from all attacks, and is protected by all effects of attacks.

These cards can be fixed in two ways, but it depends if you want speed or power. But anyways I think Health Boost's HP increase should be lowered to 10 and Metal Coat's reduce damage should be lowered to 10. If you want to keep the speed of the cards, lower Clone Power's damage to 20x. If you want to keep the cards' power, both Poke-Powers should have this rule added to the end of them:

"You can't use another Clone or Original Form Poke-Power during your turn."

Or if you think that might be too slow:

"You can't use more than 1 Clone/Original Form Poke-Power per turn."

So at least then you get 2 Mew/Mewtwo under Mew/Mewtwo per turn. But either way I'd probably suggest raising Clone Power's Energy requirement if you keep it's damage at 30x (About 3-4 Energies I'd say).

Last edited:
Your right. I'm reducing Metal Coat since it might get too good when you stack it a lot. Also, I'm changing the power so you can only do each one once a turn, but I'm changing the attack so it has more early power, but less late game power. I'll also change health boost to +10.

And the whole point was to get an easy evolution of basics, so you could first turn collector for three Mews/Mewtwo to get powered up.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:
Back