Mewtwo EX watch out (eon)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Prime, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

18 Pokemon
    3 Slaking
    3 Vigoroth
    4 Slakoth
    3 Mewtwo EX
    2 Mightyena(Holo)
    3 Poochyena(#65)

22 Trainers
    2 Professor Elm
    3 Copycat
    2 Desert Shaman
    2 Lure Ball
    2 Fast Ball
    4 Oran Berry
    2 Memory Berry
    2 Power Charge
    2 Potion
    2 Scoop Up

20 Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    14 Psychic Energy
    2 Rainbow Energy

This is a more or less anti-mewtwo deck. You knock out a mewtwo in one shot with slaking, stall a mewtwo with Mightyena and knock it out by weakness by another mewtwo ex. Also you have drawing from Elm, Copycat, Desert Shaman. Healing from scoop up, potion and oran berry. Retreival by fast ball, lure ball, power charge. Nobody at where I play plays desert shaman. Just all play four elm. Shaman is anti-elm so I mean it turns elm into a totally useless card LOL. Now with focus band and gold berry gone, you need healing. I think the rest is just easy knowledge.

2. Carrington388

Carrington388 New Member

Now THAT is a good deck. Only change I'd make is drop the Potion for Moo-Moo Milk (it WAS reprinted in Expedition), but you don't have to make that change.

3. dkates

dkates New Member

For perhaps the first time in my life, I agree with Carrington, although I don't share his enthusiasm. Is Scoop Up Eon-legal? If not, use Super Scoop Up instead, and drop one Psychic Energy to add a third.

4. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I'm guessing that this is Eon, using Best and Nintendo promos. Kool. Let's take this and run with it...

Pokemon:
    Quite frankly, I don't know about Slaking. I'm sure that you can find something else that can do better than (what Baboon calls) a "pretend" 50 damage per turn for [4]. Lemme look over all the colorless, darkness, and psychic evolution lines for something better...
    There's really nothing else. Unless you want to go Eeveelution or something, Slaking's most likely the best you're gonna get, as much as I don't like it. There might be a remote possibility of using either Alakazam or the E1 Gengar, but I'm guessing that you don't want either.

Trainers:
    I know that there was something that I wanted to say here, I just can't remember it. I think that it has something to do with your use of Oran Berry. I think that it's useless, and the Potion is better. If Super Potion is brought back, play that. I've never been a big fan of potential opponent-helping trainers, such as Shaman. I think that Elm and Copy are better if you want pure card drawing. However, all those suggestions are personal preferance.

Everything else looks great here. Good job, good luck, and have fun!!!

5. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Slaking I think will turn int one of the more popular decks. Especially if it becomes RSon which your pokemon are set for.
    Here's an idea: try Juggler so you might be able to powerup Mewtwo ex on the 1st turn. Scoop Up isn't in Eon right now. I thought I heard a rumor of it being in Sandstorm. BTW, your deck is very weak to Hariyama. In Eon Hariyama might not be one of the top decks but if you convert to RSon watch out for it.
    The rest looks pretty good.

6. Prime

Carrington - Moo-moo is good. I have to admit that now with gold berry gone, it has passed my mind. It does heal the most of any card with the best cost, nothing. But it is flippy, and I have had flippy go all over the place on me, from messing up my hand to making me lose the game. I'll try moo-moo milk if potion doesn't work.

dkates - yeah, I looked at how many mewtwos I had and I agreed that I needed another scoop up. Right now, it is not confirmed that scoop up is in sandstorm but heck, its only around 15 days till it comes out so I can try it out with scoop up and if it isn't in sandstorm, then I can switch to super.

bullados - I actually like slaking. The ability of its attack makes it worse, but that is get-around-able. You can switch for something, you can scoop up the slakoth if you have to. And Slaking, with some healing, can withstand ALOT. So I think its worth a good knock out. This deck was really made to take on a mewtwo EX deck so against other decks, it might not work as well. Actually, I guarantee it won't do as well =D

For potion, I like oran berry more. I want to keep a constant hand changing, and for potion to work right, it has to stay in your hand. So if I copycat alot, that doesn't work. So with oran berry, it heals the same, and I can attach it whenever I want to heal whenever I want. Very flexable.

Shaman is aw3some. Really it is. It can be helpful to your opponent, but that is when not to play it. What I usually do is ask how many cards in their hand. THey think it is a copycat and tell me. Then if they have more than 4 cards, I play shaman. That doesn't always work though. You never play shaman early. That just gives them the cards they need to get going. Really, it is a mid-game, late-game tool. When they need a card to win or something and you can tell they got it, you play shaman. Or when they elm, perfect, shaman. See that way, they lose their hand and can't play any trainers that turn, and they only get 4 cards! Awesome! Then you get a hand of 4 too. I think shaman is a awesome hand-disruption card in a non-hand-disruption metagame. I might even think about taking out mightyena and putting in umbreon to increase the hand disruption.

Pidgeotto Trainer - Yeah, I agree. Hariyama will murder my deck lol. But each of my pokemon, other then mightyena can take out hariyama in one shot too, right?

7. Tego

Tego New Member

You need Switch! And a free retreater. Why? Because then you can attack with Slaking several turns in a row.

Attack, use Switch for free retreater, retreat to Slaking, attack, and so on. When Switching, you remove the effect that you can't attack. ;)

8. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

I agree about the Shamans. They're perfect for those moments when you want to stuff up your opponents 'Oracle'-based plan. I have only one in my deck, but my RelicHunter cards bring it out, so I don't need any more than that.

They're also right about those Switch-'s. MewtwoEX has a retreat cost of 3 as I recall, making it quite nasty if you've not been charging it up and they force it out (aome attacks and the new GustOfWind replacement [can't remember it's name, sorry] which bring out your MewtwoEX are going to hurt badly when they draw TWO prizes all because you didn't have the energy spare). Get 4 of them in there, ASAP.

I'd say drop the two 'Balls for Master Balls instead, so you get more choice in what to bring out.

Yes, if you're the type that uses Copycat, then OranBerry is much better than Potion.

9. Prime

SWITCH! Ah, I forgot that! Okay well I guess I better fix the deck. Okay the deck needs to go a new way. May I announce the new deck, SPEED MEWTWO!

16 Pokemon
    3 Linoone
    3 Zigzagoon
    3 Mewtwo EX
    2 Mightyena(Holo)
    3 Poochyena(#65)
    2 Promo Cleffa

26 Trainers
    2 Professor Elm
    3 Switch
    3 Copycat
    2 Desert Shaman
    2 Lure Ball
    2 Fast Ball
    4 Oran Berry
    4 Power Charge
    4 Super Scoop Up

18 Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    12 Psychic Energy
    2 Rainbow Energy

Okay for the changes. I took out Slaking. It was nice but I couldn't fit it in. Maybe one day, I can make a deck just for it. I beefed up 3 cards in my deck. I added 3 switch. Switch is a staple in all my decks. I up'd the power charge to 4 because now with the new dark rule, I can use dark energy to provide colorless cost too, so I will be using it alot more and I want to keep it cycled, not adding in that they are a flip of a coin. They can get back psychic too so its good. I up'd the super scoop ups to 4 because they are a flip and with the only healing as oran berry, I will need a few scoop-ups. I lowered the psychic alittle just because I had to to get the rest in. I added in promo cleffa. It might not be legal when nintendo issues their modified but if it is then yay. It has a free retreat and works well with stuff lol. I used Linoone because I love it. I think it is so grand. It's first attack, for ONE colorless energy, is a built in computer search with no drawback. Let me go get 2 of ANY card. That's just plain awesome. Then it's second attack for 2 can hit continuously for 40 damage. But it can also flop. Hopefully it doesn't in battle.

In conclusion, the deck isn't as powerful hit wise but is alot quicker with added switch, and linoone and cleffa added.

10. dkates

dkates New Member

Nice. Since you're using Promo Cleffa, why not also use Oracle, to add even more deck-searching power? To put in 2, you could drop either 2 Psychic Energies or 1 Psychic Energy and 1 Oran Berry. Of course, it would mean you would have a total of 7 Supporters, but...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  11. Prime

Yeah, I rather not add another supporter to the list. A good supporter, yet not as important to me. Same for juggler. Thanks for the idea though.

12. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

It wouldn't make much sense for Nintendo to keep promo Cleffa. It doesn't make sense to make the only real baby left a promo when they pretty much said no more free retreats in the wizards e-cards. I doubt that will be there.

13. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Energy Switch / Energy Flow (not sure if it was reprinted). With these and M2 ex, you have a reliable way of getting back your energy, especially if you want to MAX out a Mighty or something. It all depends on your style, tho. Personally, I don't like relying on flippy cards to get what I need: I never flip right.

14. The_Matrix999

The_Matrix999 New Member

looks alright to me but could be faster than it is. heres what i would play and have a diff version of.

14 Pokemon
    4 skitty(50 hp)
    4 delcatty holo
    4 Mewtwo EX
    2 Chansey EX
    2 Sneasel EX

26Trainers
    4 Professor Elm
    3 Switch
    2 Copycat
    2 juggler
    4 bill
    2 Fast Ball
    4 moo moo milk
    2 Super Scoop Up
    1 pokemon fan club
    1 town volunteers
    3 oracle

15 Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    9 Psychic Energy
    2 Rainbow Energy

this is ALOT faster IMO. delcatty is just sick with mewtwo. and the oracle helps with delcatty's power and combos with bill.fast ball is for T2 catty and a pumped mewtwo.sneasel is cleanup but is all around good. this is a fast version.the 2 lines you ran didnt make it as fast as it could have been.besides, mightyena is medicore and can only do limited disruption.linoone is good for searching but delcatty is all around draw power.moo moo milk is good in the format because its almost the strongest form of healing.i though of putting super potion form skyridge in because it helps the mewtwo by discarding and healing but juggler and delcatty do enough of that.try this list out over the newest one you've posted and i think you might like it.

15. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

The_Matrix999,

Please keep your fixes focused on the deck that's being discussed. The deck you posted is so different from Prime's deck, you really should have posted it in it's own thread and just linked to it from this post. That way people can find it and discuss it on its own merits, without turning Prime's topic into a discussion of your deck.

Thanks,

BDS

16. Prime

The_Matrix999, Yeah I would never play a deck with more than 2 EX in there unless they dropped the 2 prize rule lol Sure it meets the requirements(weakness/resistance) and such of psychic and yes it may be faster but that is because theres only one evolution in there and delcatty is a speed demon.

A cool OHKO of 3 EX = game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.