Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mewtwo LV.X

We all know this card and how to get access to it. You don't need to bother getting it. I think it's good.
Maybe with Holon Circle/Swamper ex CG.

You do know Mewtwo does nothing against them, right?
Mewtwo will however help keeping the Pixies, Deoxys, Kyogre, Groudon and stuff in check.

mewtwo lvl x will really be used to tech against garchomp lvl x decks and all the stage 2s that have been brought back as basics with rebirth.

yes, that is true. However, IMO, this thing is overhyped. 3 energy for 120 is good (i would much rather do 80-90 for 2 being able to attach DRE) which is another reason why i don't like this card is because it is not accessible to DRE/Scramble. But everybody says we are getting an Energy Absorption Mewtwo, and i have YET too seen it.

PokePockets, the energy absorbtion Mewtwo was in Japanese DP4 on it's own, the other Mewtwo was released in their DP5 along with the Lv.X. We'll probably get all 3 Mewtwos at once in our DP6.
Back to main topic, T2 120... well that always going to be good, and energy patch will help with the discarded energy, but many decks won't be able to deal with 120 every 2 turns anyway, coming so early on in the game. All the mega basics coming soon, like Groudon will have problems with this guy. Personally I love it, Mewtwo- the original legendary beast... still the best IMO :wink:

yes, that is true. However, IMO, this thing is overhyped. 3 energy for 120 is good (i would much rather do 80-90 for 2 being able to attach DRE) which is another reason why i don't like this card is because it is not accessible to DRE/Scramble. But everybody says we are getting an Energy Absorption Mewtwo, and i have YET too seen it.

You can't attach DRE to a basic

our version of DP 6 wont come out till after worlds anyways, considering they havent even released MD yet, and DP6 will be split to 2 sets like Moon hunting/night dashing

In my opionion, the only use of this card is to counter the fairy deck.

Garchomp Lv.X can play around it. Rebirth is an addition to the deck and makes it easier to play special techs, but its not a main strategy.

Without its Body, Mewtwo Lv.X isn't very good. You still have the charging attack of the standard Mewtwo, but it takes a turn, and discarding 3 energy w/o DRE/Scramble for 120 damage doesn't convince me.

Still, its power against Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie shouldn't be underrated. This deck is played in Japan right now and will most likely be an archtype next season, because unlike many other decks, it has no problems with the loss of cards like DRE and Celio's Network. But since it can't run evolved Pokémon without losing speed, Mewtwo Lv.X should be a very powerful counter against it.

Back