Mewtwo Lvx

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by gardevoirlvx, Jul 30, 2008.

1. gardevoirlvx

gardevoirlvx New Member

Does anyone think that mewtwo lvx will see alot of play?

2. Naki Feralkin

Naki Feralkin New Member

There are some people who think that it won't be as efficient as it could be, but it will definitely see at least a 2-2 tech in most psychic decks, or more decks that worry about AMU's power.

Honestly, I think it will definitely be teched. AMU is too much of a threat for it to not be, and before people say AMU will dominate it, remember, Mewtwo is a tech. Your techs can be destroyed, and when that happens, what do you do?

The real issue is what to put with it because not all decks will be AMU. I've been experimenting with possible lightning to take care of Kingdra.

3. tglilly

tglilly New Member

I think it depends also how popular not only AMU but other possible basic decks are around your area. Though it is a good tech in a few decks since it can still charge it self up.

4. Killax

Killax New Member

Personally I also expect some people to put it in, not only charges it self up, it can heal itself to, wich for that single energie can be a great stall move.

The U,M,E deck will also have big problems with it, however I've fought U,M,E before and while it is tricky (and offcourse not that good as it will be after august the 20th) once you go basic killing with any pokemon it has lots of trouble, God Blast with 200 dmg may seem nice, but a well placed warp point still cancels it out for at least a turn.

Cheers,

5. Ignatious

Ignatious New Member

That card does a LOT of damage to AMU, and will probably see play until AMU dies out.

6. empoleonperson

empoleonperson Active Member

some if amu is popular.

7. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

I think that Mewtwo Lv.X will see a bit of play because it shuts off things like UMA and Garchomp Tech Decks.

With Snowpoint Temple, you can give your Mewtwo Lv.X an extra 20 HP, but it has to be played at the right time if you are battling against Garchomp Restore decks or UMA, etc.

8. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

mewtwo X reeeaaalllyyyy isn't that great against even a half-decent amu deck guys, lol, since they're playing frosty or something like that to counter it anyways. Heck, I don't even like AMU and I can see that.

9. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

Considering AMU SHOULD BE teching in 4 Warp Points, I don't think this will be a humongous problem.

10. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

Mightyena is better in some cases.

11. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

It's not. Just warp point out something else. If they try and stick it as there only pokemon, bring out Mightyenia/Mewtwo tech and force them to play down benched, and just warp point them out.

12. Zumanity

Zumanity New Member

Mewtwo Lv. X's play i think will depend on how popular AMU decks will be which could be low because of $$ required for that deck. If it's popular Mewtwo/Mightyena will arise to destroy it. Play it with Leftovers and maybe potions and the AMU player will/should resign lol, crushing bite = pwn lulz

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  13. Ryu99

Ryu99 New Member

it wouldn't surprise me if alot of my local kids start playing it when it comes out in a tin just because its mewtwo lol

14. Naki Feralkin

Naki Feralkin New Member

This is also not assuming the person playing Mewtwo doesn't have their own techy tricks up their sleeves to deal with stuff like that.