Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mexeggutor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renfox

I am a total noob when it comes to pokemon well i play well but i dont build decks. As soon as i saw the Meganium in the new deck i thaught it would be so much fun to run so i decided to make a deck with him and broke exeggutor.

Most of these cards are from new set MT.

4x Chikorita
4x Meganium
2x Bayleef
3x Exeggutor
3x Exeggcute
4x Cessasion Crystal
4x Castaway
4x Crystal Beach
4x Rare Candy
3x Celebi
3x Holon Mentor
2x Night Maintenance
3x Celios Network
17x Leaf Energy

Please let me know if you have any tips im trying to use this for Battle Roads this Saturday

lolz ok well my strategy is to either have meganium out or exeggutor out lol kinda simple but i need help with getting them out faster. With meganium depends who im agains if fire and i have 3 energy on meganium i use his attack that does 80 if not usually ultra powder which does 20 and flip for poisin burn and paralize, with exeggutor just his borke as 30x move no real strategy just depends on which one is easier to pull out and in my hand if i had to chose i want meganium out and so basically while one is out if i can becnh another one id boost the one up on my bench. just ready to have one or the other out if one of them dies.

New Ariados doesn't help Meganium. If you paralyze, your opponent can't retreat anyways, unless they Switch (which overrides Ariados's body. :/)

Swalot is the Reactive Poison guy, and he requires enough energy (3) to be an icky choice. ...Not to mention he's plenty ugly. *SHOT*

To get Meganiums quickly... Hm. I've never had problems getting Delta Line of Meganium out quickly (They're from Dragon Frontiers). Perhaps it's Meganium Delta's ability to search out pokemon when he's played? Iono. Perhaps it's Fearow d (From Crystal Guardians)'s power? Iono.

Of course, use of those contradicts your Cessation Crystals... But Meganium d makes you almost want to replace a couple w/ Buffer Piece, to make your opponent REALLY miserable ("I can't damage that bloody dinosaur thing!")

4 Rare Candy is overkill here. 3 ought to be fine. 3 Celebi feels odd too, but it depends on your testing (how much of a difference in starting with the little fairies does it make, having the 3rd one?). If you find that you can get 2 Celeries out consistently, that'd be a good idea.

Yeah i agree i should probly run 3 candy and 2 celebi but i tried some buffers they arent going to be as helpfull as cessation but i guess i can replace a candy and celebi with 2 buffer

This is my 2 cents worth, but take it with a grain of salt. I'm not very good at this game.

19 Pokes

4 Chikorita
3 Bayleef
4 Meganium
4 Eggsecute
4 Eggsecutor

25 Trainers

3 Holon Mentor
4 Castaway
4 Rare Candy
3 Team Galactic's Wager
3 Battle Frontier
2 Pokedex(DP)
2 Cessation Crystal
1 Strength Charm
2 Night Maintenance
1 Scott

16 Grass nrg

I think that getting out either Eggs or at least bayleef asap is critical. That way you are guarenteed either a Meganium, extra nrg attachment, or heavy hitting Eggs next turn. Also the disruption of TGW is great when your opponent is trying to hold onto a switch card to combat the special conditions of Meg. Less Cess crystals because you play 4 Castaway. 1 strength charm for that pesky fire monkey to be OHKOed, Battle Frontier to assist against Delcattly, Garchomp( if anyone even plays it), Blissey, etc(plus it can help win stadium battle if anyone plays Lake Boundary with fire. 4 Rare Candy is needed in my eyes to help to try and 1st turn one of your big guns. It may seem like overkill, but I've prized 2 or 3 in way too many matches.

Hopefully your luck is better than mine and you can change some of these cards out, ie a castaway, Candy, Pokedex, or whatever, but it seems to help me with the 1 leaf clover syndrome.

Please dont mind my spelling, I'm not very good at that either.
Good luck with the deck.:thumb:

Last edited:
This is my 2 cents worth, but take it with a grain of salt. I'm not very good at this game.

And you are a professor? How Modest :thumb:

4 Castaway and 3 tools? :confused:

Put more Scott 2 or 3 will do the job.

13 Energy will be fine, remember you can search for it with Eggs... when its get discarded use Mainteinance and Eggs-it again :lol:

Last edited:
some improvements...

19pokes
4-3-4- Meganium
3-3 eggy mt
2 celebi

25trainer/supporter
4x Cessasion Crystal
2x Castaway
4x Crystal Beach
1x scott
3x Rare Candy