Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Midwest Trading Card Game Regional Championship April 13-15, 2012

Midwest Trading Card Game Regional Championship​

This event is open to all players and is run using the Swiss pairing format, so you can play through each round and never be eliminated. Regional Championships are a great place to show off the power of your decks strategy and showcase your play skills! The top players of the Regional Championship are awarded prizes for showcasing the skills needed to do well in such a large event.

When preparing for a Regional Championship Tournament make sure you have a Deck that is ready to play in a competitive sanctioned tournament. To do this first check that your Deck complies with the current Modified Format Regulations. After checking your cards are legal for play, you will then need to fill out a DECKLIST!

If you are using sleeves be sure they are all the same color and size. Damaged sleeves will NOT be allowed for this event. Shiny backs or printed backed sleeves will also not be allowed.

Pokemon Trading Card Game Regional Championships

DATE
April 13-15

TIME
Preregistration will be held on Friday 4-13-2012 from 4pm till 8pm.
Doors will open on Saturday and registration begins at 8:30 AM and will close at 9:30 AM. This will be strictly enforced.
Tournament will start shortly after all players are registered.

TOP CUT ROUNDS
The top cut rounds will be held on Sunday morning for ALL age groups. They will start promptly at 9am

Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center
One John Nolen Drive
Madison, WI. 53703
http://www.mononaterrace.com/

DIRECTIONS
We recommend using Google Maps for directions to this location.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT
Modified Constructed.
For a copy of modified legal reprints look HERE!

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE
Modified Swiss with a cut to the top 32 players. The number of rounds will be based on number of players in the event.

ENTRY FEE
FREE!!!
Players will be entered into random door prize raffles just for signing up!

DECK REGISTRATION
Every player must provide us with a legible copy of their decklist PRIOR to the close of registration. This deck list will need to accompany your registation form to enter the event. Anyone failing to turn in a decklist BEFORE Registration closes will be considered late, and will not be registered until AFTER the start of Round 1. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED WITH NO EXCEPTIONS!

PRIZES
All participants receive a Regional Championship promo card for entering, while supplies last. They will also recieve 5 "Play! Points.

1st place:
•A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 1st Place Medal
•A Travel Award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18), U.S. residents only, to the 2012 U.S. National Championships in Indianapolis
•A first- and second-round bye at the U.S. National Championships
•72 booster packs
•10 Championship Points

2nd place:
•A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Medal
•A first- and second-round bye at the U.S. National Championships
•72 booster packs
•8 Championship Points

3rd place:
•A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Medal
•36 booster packs
•6 Championship Points

4th Place:
•A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Fourth Place Medal
•36 booster packs
•6 Championship Points

5th & 8th place:
•24 booster packs
•5 Championship Points

9th through 12th Place
•18 booster packs
•4 Championship Points (If age division attendance is 32 or greater)

13th through 16th Place
•18 booster packs
•3 Championship Points (If age division attendance is 64 or greater)

17th through 32nd Place
•7 booster packs
•2 Championship Points (If age division attendance is 64 or greater)

33rd through 64th Place
•1 Championship Points (If age division attendance is 128 or greater)

Hotel Accommodations
The Madison Monona Terrace Hilton is connected to the venue. This hotel is just minutes away from the actual event. The Hilton has set aside a block of rooms at a discounted price for this event. You can contact them directly and ask for the "Pokemon regional competition room block". Their room rates are $139 a night, down from $179 a night. You can book rooms using information below.....

Madison Monona Terrace
9 East Wilson Street
Madison, Wi. 53703
608-255-5100
Hilton Information

YOU CAN ALSO BOOK AT THE FOLLOWING

The Sheraton Madison Hotel is about a mile and a half from the venue. This hotel is about ten minutes away from the actual event. They do have a shuttle that runs to the convention center several times throughout the day. The Sheraton has set aside a block of rooms at a discounted price for this event. You can contact them directly and ask for the "Pokemon regional competition room block". Their room rates are $89 a night, down from $129 a night. You can book rooms using information below.....

Sheraton Madison Hotel
706 John Nolen Drive
Madison, WI. 53713
Sheraton information

SIDE EVENTS
Win-a-Box - New Event! - Limited Availability!
Format: Modified
Type: 8 player, 2 out of 3, Single Elimination Tournament
Price: $15.00 - each player receives one pack when they sign up
Prize: Full Sealed Box of most current set

Limited Draft
Format: Limited Sanctioned
Type: 8 player, 2 out of 3, Single Elimination Tournament
Price: $15.00 for 3 pack draft
Prize: 1st place: 8 packs of most current set
2nd place: 4 packs of most current set

Kiddie Corner
There will be several smaller events such as, coloring contest, guess how many, drawing contest, etc... available for all to win additional prizes. Camille Peltier-Robson will have all sorts of things planned for this event. I would be willing to bet she will also have a few of her custom hats!!!

TRADING
While trading is fine, please note that buying/selling cards with anyone except for our authorized dealer(s), or soliciting to do so elsewhere, is strictly forbidden at this event. Failure to obey this rule may result in both the buyer and the seller being removed from the event, and banned from attending future events.

Top Cut Comics also reserves the right to limit the amount of space being occupied by any one individual while trading, and does not allow the use of suitcases, handcarts, luggage carts, etc. to be used for the purpose of transporting excessive amounts of trade stock. We need to be considerate of all those around us.

MORE INFORMATION
Players who want specific information can contact us at [email protected] or by phone at 815.633.0330.

All information is subject to change. Please send me a PM with any corrections needed to this post!

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! They are actually hosting an event IN MADISON!!! FINALLY!

Ahem. A Regionals at least. :p

Just about half an hour away. ;)

Awesome....

Just some quick things I did not mention in the above post....

Camille has agreed to assist us with all the entertainment. YAY!!! :clap: Camille has a real passion for what she does and will be a great asset to this event.

Troy has also agreed to head Judge the event!!! YAY!!! :clap: Tray has been judging for years and will ensure that all of you experience a smooth event.

Devin has also agreed to assist us for the VGC tournament on Sunday!!! OMG!!! :biggrin::clap::biggrin: DOUBLE YAY!!! Most of you know Devin and would agree he is the best for the job.

We literally have the DREAM TEAM of the midwest!!!

I cant wait to work with them and learn a few things.

Jimmy

Holy cow, spring regionals in Madison?! I love it. I should be going at this rate. I'm definitely looking forward to it.:thumb:

Oh ya baby! We're gonna ROCK up the MIDWEST for ya! We've got an amazing Staff and we plan to make this quite an event to remember!! We've got a fantastic location, we'll have some of the top players in the country to compete with, we'll have all kinds of fun activities for you for in between rounds and Side Events, I'll be making a bunch of hats to give away, and for all the VG players, we've got Marriland!! It's gonna be a sweet weekend! Can't wait for it to get here!! We'll keep ya posted!

Updated discounted hotel room information.

These need to be booked by MARCH 14, 2012. Do not be late as this price will not be honored after that date.

There are a limited number of rooms for this price. It will be honored on a first come, first served basis. All rooms need to be booked through the hotel directly. NOT THROUGH ME!!!

Hope to see you all there,
Jimmy

Also, I'm looking for 'Parent' Helpers to assist me in our many Activity Areas. If your parent will be there, or if your child will be playing and you're looking for something to do to help out while you're there for the day, contact me to be added to our Helper Staff! An amazing event like we'll have planned requires a lot of dedicated people... You/they can help be a part in making this a very special day for everyone too! So for the non-playing parents who want to be a part of the Magic, contact me! :thumb:

Also, I'm looking for 'Parent' Helpers to assist me in our many Activity Areas. If your parent will be there, or if your child will be playing and you're looking for something to do to help out while you're there for the day, contact me to be added to our Helper Staff! An amazing event like we'll have planned requires a lot of dedicated people... You/they can help be a part in making this a very special day for everyone too! So for the non-playing parents who want to be a part of the Magic, contact me! :thumb:

What if I'm not a parent but would still like to help out
Posted with Mobile style...

Well, I often have parents who like to help me out while their kids are playing, since they're there for the whole day anyway and like to be a part of it all too, doing something useful. But I guess I should rephrase that to Non-Player Helpers :)

Back