Mighty Morphing Power Rangers(E-On)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Prime, Oct 29, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

12 Pokemon
    3 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)
    3 Zangoose
    3 Mighyena(holo)
    3 Poochyena(40HP)

28 Trainers
    3 Desert Shaman
    2 Copycat
    2 Lanette's Net Search
    2 Fast Ball
    2 Lure Ball
    3 Moo-Moo Milk
    3 Potion
    4 Switch
    3 Energy Switch
    4 Super Scoop Up

20 Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    4 Rainbow Energy
    12 Psychic Energy

I really like energy switch. I mean it is great strategy for surprising your opponent and stuff. I have good healing, good searching and stuff. I have been looking though the next sets and there really isn't anything I would like to add to this deck, pokemon-wise that is. The good thing is that when dragons come out, zangoose can do a whopping 120 damage to a dragon if they are an evolution. 60(evolved)*2(weakness from dragons)=120 damage. No flip, constant. Very nice. THis deck is made to be fast and tricky, so don't change too much.

Go at it!

2. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

recommend that you change the Desert Shamans and the Copycats with Professor Oak's Research and Professor Birch. Also take away 2 to 4 Psychic energies for Boost energies. The only other problem I have is your title? Why that and if you are going to refer to the power rangers its Mighty Morphin, not Morphing! :D

3. dkates

dkates New Member

Um, how would he use Boost Energy? What I would do, though, is drop 2 Psychic Energy for Dunsparce. Other than that, it looks like a good basic idea. The Trainer engine could use a little work, but I'll save that for another post.

4. Prime

Ah, a name is a name. Professor Birch is a sorry excuse for a supporter and Professor Oak's Research is alright. But think about this, with copycat and shaman, I can disrupt their hand, take advantage of their hand and still draw the cards I need. WHat extra stuff you can you do with birch and research? None. Yeah, with 3/4 my pokemon being basic, I find it difficult to use boost energy at all. Remember, they can only be attached to basics.

Thanks for the tips!

5. Prime

Can't wait for that post lol. Dunsparce? Nah, it is good early game and can stall alittle but once I get past the first few turns, it is just dead weight. I won't want to keep putting basics on my bench, sure if I was playing sneasel EX but not here. And sure 10 damage and a flip for paralyzation is nice but after a while, it will take 50 damage and be scrap metal.

Thanks for the tips, keep them coming!

6. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Desert Shaman in Eon Modified helps the opponent more than hinder it. In this game there are very few instances where a hand goes beyond four cards. And since hand are very little these days proves Birch's worth. Oak is a strudy five cards no matter what. Copycat is also worthless in my opinion in today's game. I would recommend Juggler but there just isn't any worth while energy recovery strategies for this deck.

7. Prime

I'm going to have to disagree. I find that desert shaman in the very start of the game can really mess up your opponent. Not only does it cancel the effects of oracle, by shuffling their deck, they also lose the card/s that they searched for the turn before or some healing cards that they were waiting to use. The opponent only get four cards, which is lower than the average hand. With the new format, my opinion is that the game has gotten slower. I don't see people throwing their whole hand away anymore. And for the people that do use Birch, I only see it work once or twice in a game where cards like copycat always seem to have some strategy involved. And half the time, the player just wastes cards to lower the amount in your hand so they draw more. Maybe other players want to, but I don't like to waste cards.

Oak is a sterdy five cards but it has no strategy in it. I mean it doesn't draw off your opponent's suscess or the other way around. Your opponent doesn't worry about when you will play the next research. I rather play shaman, get one less card and make my opponent shuffle their hand into their deck and draw four cards. Add in some cards that can make your opponent discard cards from their hand and they are in trouble. You don't see any trouble in any situation come from research. Research is just a plain draw, and now-a-days, I look for the most strategy I can find.

Copycat is nothing near worthless. Maybe in your area, but in my area, I can usually always get a nice 5-7+ cards everytime I play it. It makes your opponent ponder if they should try to use their cards in their hand so that they hand isn't as big. Look through all the decks here, noticing that most of them have copycat is a good sign that copycat is not worthless.

But great discussion.

8. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Alright... a few things here:

Birch is awesome! Shaman is awesome!

Copycat... its easy to counter, i mean I find that I'm usually holding 3 or so card hands most of the game. You have to time those nice while you don't have to time Research.

Messing with their hands with Shaman only makes their hand SMALLER for COpycat... not good.

I really dunno what to tell ya about the deck's main focus though. I just don't think you have big enough hp and big enough damage to really win a whole lot against the big guns of this format.

What makes basics work in unlimited? Disruption. That's what you need here I think. Get 4 ER2's in there, up the Shaman to 4... Energy switch seems awesome in this. I think playing 1 more fast Ball is wise, letting you get Mightyena real real fast. You don't need 4 switch, drop 1 or two for the above stuff I mentioned.

Even if you do run copycat, you still need to run a bit more draw... I'd run 2-3 Birch or Research on top of what you're running even after topping off the Shamans. Drop an energy or two, 20 is a bit much.

Other than that, we'll see how it does I guess. Any other disruption in this format that comes in the form of trainers, guys? I really think it would help this out. Maybe even try some SER2, though its a big risk.

9. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

I agree with nikePK and somewhat with myst-trainer. Do remember that Birch helps you draw extra cards without having to shuffle in those few cards you might be saving for next turn. Birch is usually my 3rd-4th choice for card draw (I prefer Oak's Research and Copycat). It's at the same level as Bill's Maint for me.

From the looks of your trainers, it appears you don't like too many supports. I suppose that's why you put in the Lure Ball instead of Town Volunteers. With only 3 Evolutions, Lure Ball isn't as useful, IMO. Also, the TV/Fast Ball combo gets you that Mightyena back without flipping.

I Like the over-abundance of healing, but with lo-HP Pokemon, is Super Scoop UP necessary? Personally, I don't throw in SSU's unless I'm using 100+ HP Pokemon. Nevertheless, it's an excellent multi-use trainer (heal and switch).

I agree with nikePK about the theme of your deck. Increase the disruptive ability of the deck. Man, I'd HATE to play against such a deck! Good deck!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2003
  10. Prime

I really don't see a way to add some disruption to this deck that is not trainers. I would like to stick with the fast basics and one evolution and mightyena is a awesome card to use in the godevior/EX/Mewtwo EX metagame we see today. I could add some cards like energy removal 2 and such but that is just a flip and it would take up unneeded space in this deck.

12 Pokemon
    3 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)
    3 Zangoose
    3 Skitty(R/S 50HP)
    3 Delcatty(R/S Holo)

30 Trainers
    2 Professor Birch
    3 Copycat
    3 Oracle
    2 Mr. Briney’s Compassion
    1 Town Volunteer
    2 Fast Ball
    3 Moo-Moo Milk
    3 Potion
    4 Switch
    3 Energy Switch
    4 Super Scoop Up

18 Energy
    18 Psychic Energy

I took out the Mightyena and Poochyena and added in Delcatty for extra speed. Now with Delcatty, I can do the Delcatty/Oracle combo which is just broken. Do you think 4 Super Scoop Up AND 2 Mr. Briney's Compassion is too much for pick-up tools? Okay, so re-rate this.

~ Prime

11. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

When Dragons comes out, use Absol.

12. Prime

I looked over Absol. The first attack was cool but would not really work being used over and over. Then it's second attack, to be any good, I would have to have more prizes than the opponent. I couldn't guarantee that in every game. So I decided to play Delcatty. Delcatty would add some needed speed my deck needs to run better.

But good idea.

13. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  14. Prime

Could you please elaborate on your comment?

15. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Comment, what comment :rolleyes: ... *edits post*

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  16. nikePK

nikePK New Member

K, I understand why you want catty in here, but I think dropping Mightyena was a huge mistake here. Just look at your attack power... see what I'm saying.

Fast basics don't really work that well in this. You need SOMETHING to back them up... Delcatty is NOT good attacking backup. Zangoose does 60 damage... which is great and all, but he only has 70hp. Wobbuffet hurts himself when he attacks... and the power isn't that hard to get around. They each take 3 energy... if they go down early, you're only pokemon are more of them guys, you have no real BIG guy in the deck to launch a comeback, do you see what I'm saying?

I think Mightyena was nice in this because he did a few things: He gave you a solid attack AND he caused some disruption. Resistance to psy isn't a bad thing either heh heh.

Anyway, maybe I'm being a little harsh on this... I dunno. Do you have Apprentice? I'd like to see how this thing works out against a stage 2 deck. My AIM is: nikePK. Drop me a line sometime and we can play...

Good luck with it in any case.

17. Prime

Well the only reason I dropped Mightyena was because...I dunno. I am all about simplicity and when I have a one type energy deck with good speed, I like it. But the deck started as a psychic killer. The Mightyena was in to kill off the mewtwo EX while the wobbuffet would kill Mewtwo EX and Gardevior EX and Gardevior. And Zangoose would kill off the other evolutions that Mightyena and Wobbuffet couldn't kill.

WAIT! Delcatty's attack does 10 damage for each energy attached to your ACTIVE pokemon? That means only him, not all my pokemon, right? Okay, that's crappy now. I would have to get alot of energy on him to even get it to work right. Okay, Mightyena is going back in, but maybe I can tech in some of the trainers I liked too.

12 Pokemon
    3 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)
    3 Zangoose
    3 Poochyena(40 HP)
    3 Mightyena(R/S Holo)

28 Trainers
    2 Professor Birch
    3 Copycat
    2 Mr. Briney’s Compassion
    2 Town Volunteer
    2 Fast Ball
    3 Moo-Moo Milk
    3 Potion
    4 Switch
    3 Energy Switch
    4 Super Scoop Up

20 Energy
    4 Rainbow Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    12 Psychic Energy

Okay, so I had to add in Mightyena again. Well this deck is ever-changing so I guess that is just natural. I kept in some new pick-up. You people reminded me of the good use of birch and I got rid of desert shaman. I think that was slowing the deck down by itself. I mean Desert Shaman goes great in a big disruption deck but this isn't a big disruption deck. I still kept mostly everything else.

Gosh, I can't believe I missed that. I could have sworn that Delcatty did 10 damage for all energy on all your pokemon. But that was wrong and I do agree that Mightyena is a constant damage of 40 damage and a random card discard on a flip. I guess I needed to look to the beginning and see that this deck was an anti-psychic deck and that helped me realize that Mightyena was a vital part of the deck.

Thanks for the tip!

18. Prime

12 Pokemon
    3 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)
    3 Zangoose
    3 Poochyena(40 HP)
    3 Mightyena(R/S Holo)

30 Trainers
    2 Professor Birch
    3 Copycat
    2 Lanette's Net Search
    2 Town Volunteer
    2 Fast Ball
    3 Moo-Moo Milk
    3 Potion
    4 Switch
    3 Energy Switch
    4 Super Scoop Up
    2 Power Charge

18 Energy
    4 Rainbow Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    10 Psychic Energy

I forgot I took out my power charges which I will really need in this deck. Also I left out some lanette's net search which I really needed. So I took out some energy and added in those. Zangoose is really going to be a beast when dragons comes out. Zangoose will be able to do 120 damage to an evolved dragon pokemon because of weakness. Think of it, Salamance, OHKO, Flygon, OHKO, Rayquaza EX! OHKO! The beast from the east!

19. Prime

Okay, so I played the deck out a few times. WAY TOO SLOW. I couldn't get out the energy to power up mightyena and cards that could do 70+ damage could trash my deck. So I decided to change the deck around. Here is the new version of MMPR:

12 Pokemon
    3 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)
    3 Zangoose
    2/3 Linnone(R/S)
    2/3 Zigzagoon(Sandstorm)

30 Trainers
    4 Professor Birch
    1 Town Volunteer
    2 Fast Ball
    2 Oran Berry
    4 Potion
    4 Switch
    4 Energy Switch
    4 Super Scoop Up
    2 Fan Club
    1 Fisherman

20 Energy
    18 Psychic Energy
    2 Bounce Energy

Faster and with alot better search ability. Go ahead and critique.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2003
  20. Prime

The HP will hurt me, but that is why I am super scoop ups, potions and oran berry. But see each of the pokemon do great against big pokemon. Wobbuffet can do 100 a whack to a gardevior card and can withstand a Mewtwo EX and Gardevior EX. Zangoose can do 120 damage to a stage 1 and above dragon card from the dragon set because of weakness, which will be able to knock out a few in one shot, like rayquaza EX. Linoone, even though not as good, can do infinite damage. It just relies on luck, but it isn't bad.

Until I can find a good pokemon to add into my deck that will be a basic that has HP, the deck will just keep miniorly changing. If I could get 2 Mewtwo EX, I would add those in and take out 1 Zangoose and 1 Wobbuffet. But thats an if. SOmetimes to be fast, you just have to take some disadvantages.

But thanks for the tip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.