Minimum hand and deck size for a mutual draw?

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Magic_Umbreon, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

In the following I abbreviate Team Galactic's Wager from the mysterious treasures expansion to "TGW".

For a card such as TGW where both players must shuffle their hand into their deck and draw, what are the minimum requirements for hand and deck size. Can TGW be played even if it is the only card in your hand, your opponent has no hand and neither play has a deck under the guise that the game does not know the effect from the card yet?

I have noticed you cannot use energy draw on an empty deck as the card must have some effect and cost is not an effect. What is cost and what is effect in terms of TGW? Ie. if you have no deck is the potential of losing some of your cards (ie shuffling 17 to draw 3) to allow an attack that searches the deck to function or to stop decking? What about if it is the only card in your hand, can you play it with the effect of disrupting your opponent's hand?

2. mtjimmer

mtjimmer Master Trainer, Emeritus

I'm not sure what 'cost' is referring to, so I'll be avoiding that portion.

I suppose there is a way to possibly try to play Team Galactic's Wager to ABSOLUTELY no effect, where no one has any cards in hand, and no one has any cards left in their deck.

If that's the situation (no cards in each player's hand and deck), I would say you couldn't play it. Although RPS might still be fun to do. ;)

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

But note: This will never, ever happen in a game because if your opponent has no deck, then all you have to do is end your turn to win. So why mess around with this?