Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Minnesota Battle Road Spring 2013

bullados

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?
Minnesota Battle Road Spring 2013

Dreamer's Cards and Games
3015 Utah Ave South
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
Sunday, May 19th
Noon Registration, 12:30 start

The Source
2057 Snelling Ave North
Roseville, Minnesota 55113
Saturday, June 1st
10:00am Registration, 10:30am Start

Outpost 2000
536 Northdale Blvd NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55448
Sunday June 9th
Noon Registration, 12:30 Start

Legion Games
3128 West Hwy 13
Burnsville, MN 55337
Satrday, June 15th
10:00am Registration, 10:30am Start

Prizes for 1st – 4th in each of the 3 age groups, plus Door Prizes, Side Events and more! Don’t miss your chance to shine!

What are Battle Road Tournaments? The Battle Road series is designed to provide players with small, entry-level events on a local scale. It’s a great way to get your feet wet in the world of Premier Events! This Premier tournament is FREE to enter, so why not come join us in Rockford and test your skills!

The tournament is run using the Modified Constructed Format (Black & White through Plasma Freeze) and Age Modified Swiss pairings. Be sure to check the new Black & White Rulebook and the updated Rule Changes as of the release date of the Black & White set, as well as any TCG Errata, as found on the Main Pokemon website in the Rules & Resources section. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event, most likely 3 – 6 rounds, (’30 minutes + 3 turns’) and you’ll play different players for each of the Rounds. Some newer players often mistakenly think that if they lose their first match, they’re out, but that’s not the case. After the main event, we’ll post the Standings, and we’ll have our 1st – 4th place winners in each of the 3 age groups.

Decklists will be required… I’ll have them there for you to fill out there at the event, or you can print it out ahead of time. (Decklists turned in after registration is closed will mean you will have a Round 1 Loss and will start in Round 2) The Pokegym a wonderful Decklist maker that really makes it easy to do your decklist ahead of time… just click on the drop down menu to make your selections, then print it out and bring it in! This software was created to help make it much easier to correctly fill out tournament deck lists, helping avoid errors and costly penalties. Just fill in the blanks from the drop down menu, then when you’re done, print it out! Very easy! Either way is fine. Just be sure to be there early enough to get them filled out and turned in before registration closes, because you must have a decklist to be entered in the tourney! And remember, it’s you’re responsibility to make sure that your deck is legal and matches your decklist completely, so take care in writing it out! We’ll have people who can help you fill it out or check over your deck when you get there, so just let me or one of my Judges know if you need some help.

So, what time do you suggest we be there?
I suggest you be there right as registration opens unless you already have your decklist all made out. The cut-off for entrance into Round 1 will be when registration closes. Decklists will be required, so be sure to allow time to fill them out. Better yet, use the Decklist Maker I’ve got a link for above. If you haven’t turned in your decklist by the time registration closes you can still be entered into the tournament, but you’ll start in Round 2, you’ll have a first Round loss. We will not delay the tourney for latecomers as it’s just not fair to those who get there on time. Bring your DS and your Games to play while you wait! Once your decklist is turned in, you can participate in DS battles, or any other activities we might have while you wait.
Better too early than too late!

Who may enter in the Tournament? Anyone who knows how to play the game may enter, you do not need to be a resident of the City of Rockford … All are welcome, of all ages, from far away, or right in town! If you’re new to the game and want to learn more about it, check out the Pokemon Organized Play website for a demo with instructions on how to play so you’ll already know how when you get there, because for this particular event, you should at least already know the basics of how to play.

What do I need to bring with me? You’ll need to bring your own 60 card legal deck, bring your own damage counters or dice, you may want to bring a sack lunch or money to buy lunch, snacks, products for sale, or to enter in some of our Side Events after the Main Event, but no money is required for entry to this event. You also need your POP ID number. If you’re in a League or already have an ID number, write it down and bring it with you, and if you’re new and don’t have a POP ID number yet, no worries… I can get you set up with one right there.

Format: Modified Constructed – Bring your own best BW-on Modified decks to play in this tournament.
The sets legal in the New Modified Format have been updated as of Sept 1, 2012. The New Modified format is BW -on. Players may not use cards from Pokémon sets prior to BW, with the exception of basic Energy cards and cards that were reprinted in Modified legal sets. Please make sure you’re ready with a legal deck and review the legal sets for the Modified Format here.
Remember, this is a Battle Road Event… so keep in mind the following rules and restrictions:
Cards from the World’s Championship Decks with the silver borders are NOT allowed in Tournaments.
Sleeves must be single color with no artwork or holographic design, exceptions being the Japanese Pokeball or Pikachu Sleeves, or any of the US Pokemon Sleeves from Prereleases etc.
Cards must be in uniform condition if unsleeved so as not to appear to be marked in any way.
Cheating will be dealt with severly, so don’t do it! Always play honorably and fair!

Of course if you have any questions at all as to if your deck is Tourney ready or not, please feel free to stop in a little early and have us check over your deck for you.

If you arrive and find that your deck is not legal to play in this tourney, don’t worry, you will still be able to play. There are plenty of interesting starter decks available to purchase right there at Top Cut Comics, including the newest Black & White decks.

This event will will be Age Separated Swiss (everyone will play within their own age group in all the rounds, the number of rounds being determined by number of players in each age group). The winners will be determined by the final standings after the Swiss rounds.

Age groups:
Junior Division: Born in 2002 or later
Senior Division: Born in 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001
Masters Division: Born in 1997 or earlier
Are there Prizes?
YES! Of course there are!

Top 4 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
4 Pokémon TCG booster packs
A Gold Victory Cup promo card
2nd Place
4 Pokémon TCG booster packs
A Silver Victory Cup promo card
3rd Place
2 Pokémon TCG booster packs
A Bronze Victory Cup promo card
4th Place
2 Pokémon TCG booster packs

Do I get Championship/ Play! Points for this event?

Yes, you get 1 Play!Point for this event.
Championship Points are a way to recognize the top players from Pokémon Championship Series events. Championship Points are awarded to players based on their finish position or placement at individual events. Check out the Pokémon TCG Championship Points Structure for more information.

What Can I Do With the Championship Points I’ve Earned?

Championship Points are used to gain entry into high level events, including the 2013 Pokémon World Championships. Event qualifications are listed in each event-specific FAQ as it is posted.

What are Best Finish Limits?

To provide a more-even playing field for the largest number of competitors worldwide, the Organized Play team has instituted Best Finish Limits. This means that during an event series, only your Best X (defined below) finishes will count towards your final Championship Points total.

For example, the Best Finish Limit for Battle Roads is 6. If a player participates in 6 Battle Road Autumn events and 5 Battle Road Spring events, only the top 6 of the player’s 11 Battle Roads finishes will count toward his or her final Championship Points total.

What are Kickers?

Championship Point payouts are listed below. Events will receive “Kicker” points if an age division attendance meets a certain threshold. Base points never change but, if the “Kicker” level is reached, points are awarded deeper into the final standings. For example, if the Masters division at a Battle Road tournament reaches 32 players, 5th through 8th place will receive 6 Championship Points.

Is There a Limit to How Many Events I Can Play In Per Year?

No. You can play in as many Battle Road, City Championship, S/P/T Championship, and Regional Championships as you wish each year!

Championship Points are awarded to players based on their finish position at Play! Pokémon Championship Series events.

Battle Road (Spring and Autumn)

Best Finish Limit: 6
Play! Points: 1

Championship Points

Placement Points Kicker
1 15 0
2 12 4
3-4 10 8
5-8 6 32
9-12 4 64
13-16 2 64
17-32 1 128
This should give you most of the information you need for this Battle Road Championship Event…

Hope to see you all for these fun, but competitive events! See you there!

Last edited:
I just uploaded the first videos from the St. Louis Park Battle Road. I'll continue uploading them over the next week or so. You can find everything I'll upload for BRs starting here.

Thanks to everybody that came out, and we'll see you in a couple of weeks at The Source!

Back