Minun vs Plusle

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Dro~, Dec 5, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

I don't know why plusle is more popular from the people I know. I don't think doing 40 damage to a pokemon-ex is a big deal. Minun can do better because there're more pokemon with pokebody and pokepower than the number of pokemon-ex. Some of the pokemon-ex have pokebody/power so minun can do 40 damage to them too. Therefore I think minun should be more playable than plusle. I'm not saying plusle is bad because it can do 80 damage to an active kingdra-ex.

2. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

I see your point. It's rare to see a player with more than 3 Pokémon-EX in their deck, total, because the cards are not so easy to come by. I once played a person who had somewhere between 4 and 6 Pokemon-EX in their deck. All I had to do was Poison them, and watch the other player drain his deck of energy because they had to constantly retreat to heal the poison, and their Fishermans were useless because of the PokemonTower (promo) stadium in play. They ran out of energy to attack with, and I just pressed on with the poisons.

However, any pokemon with a PokePOWER or PokeBODY is much more dangerous in my opinion, as they don't have the drawbacks of the 2 prize thingy that PokémonEX do, and the Powers are very likely to work against ME. The extra damage would be helpful for beating them.

3. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I'd just use both! lol
    -Swampert

4. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

They are basics and require the same amount of energy. Easy to use one of each in a deck. Heck they help each other out.

5. Ace28

Ace28 New Member

Yes, if your going to put one in a deck you mize well put the other one in. PokePowers/PokeBodies or Pokemon-EX (or both) are commonly found in decks nowadays so they both could be some help.

6. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Whereas they are pretty good cards, I don't think they're playable in anything that doesn't run something like Elekid at the start. I mean, attaching 2 energy to a 50hp pokemon that can't evolve just isn't that great a start. Sure, it packs a wollop... but then it dies and you're behind 2 turns and that's not good.

I really like the both of them, but I'd go with Minun over Plusle... or play both. But for now, I know i'm not going to be playing either until I can think of a really good way to abuse em.

7. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I would play whichever is more usefull in your envirement. Most likely 1-2 of each would be decent tech

Major plus(le) in 2-2 battles (sorry, couldnt miss out on such an easy pun)

8. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

I am not sure whether either of them competes well enough with Electabuzz. The 10 extra HP may not be that important, but the attack does 40 to anyone and the first attack is at least not too bad. I think these advantages make up for the extra energy requirement.